Forums / Discussion / General

232,980 total conversations in 7,790 threads

+ New Thread

Browser Tabs General / Tab Hoarding Anonymous

Last posted Mar 02, 2015 at 03:14AM EST. Added Feb 27, 2015 at 10:46PM EST
8 posts from 7 users

So, this single invention probably defined everything post Windows XP internet browsing. With new competition between Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, and IE, came new features including "private/incognito tabs" and the ability to save your tabs for each session. Do you use/abuse/misuse this feature? I certainly do. Here's my current count as I type:

I also have tabs in Chrome, but I switched to FF because it doesn't try to load all the previous session's tabs, just the most current. Unfortunately FF sometimes "forgets" my previous session and I have to go back and recover said tabs (I now have a fail-safe for this). Anyways, what do you guys think about this glorious feature? Any features you wish it had? Do you use features like tab grouping or multi-windows/multi-tab sorting?

I'm perpetually trapped in 2006. I find multiple tabs disgusting and use a combination of multiple desktops, workspaces and slightly staggered windows. I bound a side button on my mouse to bring up all my current windows in a workspace.

So basically the same problem, only when i try to quit my browser and it warns me about my 300 open windows. The day my browser forgets the windows I have open in my current session will be sad. Goddammit TVTropes and Wikipedia.

…am I the only one who tries to keep only one window and tab open? I mean, I use multiple windows and stuff, but when I'm focusing on something like a video or game, I close everything I'm not using and just keep that on my screen. The most tabs and windows I had open at once was like seven when I was pirating a game and doing an essay at the same time, but after both was done it went back to one again.

Im a tab whore.

I make a new tab for every diverging branch in my browsing. New sites = New tabs. And I'll have several websites open at a time.

At work I do maintenance on over 50 websites. for each one a new tab. The administration backend of each site? New tab. The server login? New tab. Google apps? Tab for each one. Mailboxes? Tab for each one.

I tend to have about 20 tabs open at a time across 3 browsers. It pisses everyone off but it's how I roll

I guess I should mention that I'm bad at managing tabs (if you haven't already figured out).

New thread = New tab (sometimes I open 20 at a time)

Researching an entry? 1 tab for FB, 1 tab for Twitter, 1 tab for wiki, 1 tab for ED, 1 tab for UD, 1 tab for Google, 1 tab for the entry, and another tab to view what the entry looked like. Sometimes more tabs for news articles/entries related to the entry.

Browsing FB and see an article I want to read? Open it up in a new tab and continue browsing for more articles to open in the background.

My browsing style gets out of hand fast. lol.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!