Forums / Discussion / General

233,053 total conversations in 7,793 threads

+ New Thread

KYM cooking general

Last posted Mar 16, 2015 at 11:47PM EDT. Added Mar 16, 2015 at 07:23PM EDT
5 posts from 5 users

talk about cooking tricks, tips and techniques here.

its time that such a major part of out life gets a thread here.

my favorites:

1) chicken abodo โ€“ a fillpino recipie. great. delicious and easy to make

• put 6-8 cloves of garlic in a pot.
    *add 6 bay leaves and ground black pepper.
    *add chopped onions and chopped mushrooms.
    *pour a cup of soy souce, white vinegar and of water into the pot.
    *add the chicken, mix everything in the pot. put on the fire. when the water starts boiling lower the heat to simmer.

it's really good. juicy and rich with flavor. plus it also produces gravy that goes well with rice

2) fried fish. my own recipie i learned when working in a resteraunt:
*chop onions, mushrooms tomatoes and garlic and pour into a frying pan.
*add chillie and sweet soy souce. stir for a few minutes.
*add the fish, preferbly also chopped in advance and stir for another minute.

in both dishes its highly advisable to add a spoon of cornstarch mixed with a spoon of water. it thickens liqueds wich greatly improves the texture.

and when the souce is thinkened in a stir-fried dish, it makes all the souces and juices stick to the food instead of sinking to the botoom.

what are your favorite recipies and cooking tricks?

Jolly Jew not making a politically sensitive thread? Captain Blubber getting angry!? ITS THE END! THE END TIMES HAVE COME! EVERY ONE DEACTIVATE!

on the serious side. Not very good at cooking, but my confident dish is spaghetti.

1. put noodles into boiling water
1.5 (If I am using sausage) put sausage into boiling water
2. chop up a whole onion and 4-5 garlic pieces and start heading them
2.5 add meat if I am using it instead of sausage
3. after 4-5 minutes of heating, add pasta sauce (I prefer classico)
4. add mushrooms, pepper and oregano.
5, heat for about 10-30 minutes.

Then wellโ€ฆ I get something edible

I'm very curious as to how Jolly Jew managed to get a hold of a Filipino recipe; there are hardly any Jews in the Philippines. I'd like to add that adobo gets tastier the more it ages. Up to how long it can age without spoiling, I have no idea.

There's really no name to this dish I have in mind; me and my sisters just made food with what we had. With salt, rice, garlic, egg and spam, you can make a decent, and fancy looking breakfast by:

Making Fried Rice with the garlic and rice
Cut the spam into cubes and toss it into the fried rice
Season, then scramble the egg
Cook egg in a preferably large pan
Get a nice, thin circular shape when you take the egg out of the pan
place fried rice and spam over the egg
Wrap

Bam, egg-burrito with fried rice and spam inside. A power breakfast that goes well with coffee or orange juice. Enjoy.

Last edited Mar 16, 2015 at 10:40PM EDT

I've been cooking for myself most nights these days, especially dinners that I can take with me to school on the days I have to stay later. I don't often make things that require a lot of prep. Probably my favorite thing to make is a chicken and veggie stir fry. Trader Joe's sells these awesome frozen bags of orange chicken with the chicken already prepped and the sauce in a separate packet and you just have to heat everything up. I usually use this as the chicken for my stir-fry.

• Heat a skillet to a medium-medium hot heat to an oiled pan
  • Add desired amount of chicken to pan
  • Once the chicken has cooked for a few minutes and started to lightly brown add your veggies. I generally choose broccoli and keep the chicken and veggies at a 1:1 ratio
  • After letting everything cook for another couple minutes, add your sauce of choice and make sure it's enough to cover all the food in the pan. I usually use the orange sauce that came with the chicken and throw in a generous amount of pre-bottled general gao's sauce (which is usually also from Trader Joe's) and a little bit of soy sauce on top of that.
  • After letting everything cook through while continuously stirring, take everything off the heat and throw it on top of some rice. I like to use white rice that I usually cook alongside the stir-fry.

This is one of my favorites to cook because It's so easy to make. I can easily make multiple portions and just throw this shit into a tupperware container to take with me. It reheats wonderfully.

Not bad m8s, but there's a very sweet recipe I want to share: Capirotada
My family prepares this during Lent period.

-First, you need toasted bread (not the traditional, use bolillo or a baguette, cutted on pieces, then fry it with a little oil)
-You need to make a syrup: boil 2 cups of water, add 1 cinnamon stick, then brown sugar cane (aka piloncillo) and boil it for a little 3 minutes.
-Put a layer of fried bread on a bowl, add the syrup, then add peanuts, crumbled queso fresco, and raisins (you can substitute them for cranberries).
-Then put another layer of fried bread and repeat the process until all the bread was used.
-Serve in bowls

And don't finish it in one days.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!