Forums / Discussion / General

232,915 total conversations in 7,792 threads

+ New Thread

Worst Nightmare you've ever had.

Last posted Mar 30, 2015 at 07:49PM EDT. Added Mar 24, 2015 at 02:28PM EDT
27 posts from 27 users

I had this nightmare back when i was a kid. I had played resident evil earlier that day and i was going to bed. So i close my eyes and then suddenly i woke up in the R.P.D. There was a door right across from me. And i could hear zombies banging on the door. Before i could find a way out they burst through the door. Right when one of them grabbed me a started to bite a woke up. Didn't sleep at all for the rest of that night.

Back when i was a kid i watched a lot of Horror movies and in my nightmares there was always a faceless man with a trenchcoat who'd chase me with a kitchen knife (In my dream ofcourse) it was really odd,he also sometimes slaughtered me and i couldn't sleep when this was happening.Thank god that time is over

I still remember a dream I had as a toddler that gave me arachnophobia.

I remember like laying in a crib unable to move, and the little animals on the mobile turned into a bunch of spiders slowly descending towards me. I remember them crawling on my face. I don't know if I woke up as all I can see is that image of them descending.

As a kid, I've had a couple of dreams that involved a man with a disfigured face and diabolic-looking cars. Everything looked like wastelands and no matter what I saw, it was all blurry.

Of course, I got that because I played a game I shouldn't have played for that age back then: Twisted Metal Black. Nowadays, I love that game for the storylines of the characters. The fears I had are long gone.

It's more of a psychological horror nightmare than a scary nightmare.

Running but slowly losing the ability to run and walk no matter how hard I try, eventually crawling on the ground followed by not being able to move, looking back, and seeing I have no legs. Another version of it is trying to grab something up high, but seeing I have no arms.

I had just seen DBZ for the first time, and it happened to be the episode where Imperfect Cell absorbs all those people. That night I had a dream where I was alone in the back of my parents' car. I looked around and only saw my parents' and brother's clothes. I quickly got out of the car only to see crashed cars with clothes strung across the road. Can't remember anything after that, so I'm not sure if Cell ever showed up.

Also worth noting that War of the Worlds gave me some DBZ nightmare ptsd when I saw it the first time. Ya know, people disintegrating and leaving their clothes behind. Also Rapture related stuff still can creep me out.

I think about real serious stuff like global conflicts. My dream started out some what cute like you would see in an intro of a kid's show. It started with world generals wanting to show the world which was superior, so they started a battle royale (when i mean kid's show i mean mild stuff like shows in yu-gi-oh).

They fought and soon afterwards the generals merged into a giant creature. It was a roaring raging beast screaming into the world, and everywhere it stomped and marched it turned civilians into a bloody mess.

I couldn't handle any of it so I woke up soon afterwards.

This nightmare happened back in high school around the aftermath of a really nasty falling out with a former friend/friend I liked more than just a friend.

In it, this friend went out of her way to turn everyone that I cared about, friends, family members, literally everyone, against me. I had essentially become a social pariah with no support system. She finally came up to me and explained that she went and did this because it would be easier for her to murder me and then sell my organs on the black market. No one would miss me if I conveniently "disappeared" and no one would bother sending out a search party.

I woke up before she performed any such action but it freaked me out regardless.

I once had a nightmare that I murdered my family and a few other people that I care about. It wasn't quick either, I stabbed them multiple times with a kitchen knife completed with blood and guts flying everywhere.

I woke up crying and didn't sleep for like a week.

My prime nightmare has it's focus around living in a world where everything is of incredibly low manufacturing quality. It's a world illuminated by dim bulbs and served on plastic plates. A true horror, I believe this is how the Russians must feel

My second most common nightmare is being ambushed and shot by the New/Real IRA

Back in 3rd grade, I had this dream were a friend and I found this strange mechanism. When my friend approached it, the machine grabbed him and the saws on it started to cut him limb from limb. All I could do was watch and listen to his screams of pain and agony. And I think some of his blood splattered on my body.

This is one of many nightmares I once had, but this one is the oldest one I had.

I was sitting on the edge of my bed in a room that looked almost exactly like mine, minus everything but my queen bed, which was bare except for its yellow sheets. A woman who's defining features I can't place walked in, and calmly placed an IV in my left arm, from which a blue substance began flowing into me. The woman, who was dressed plainly, began to dress me in something soft and heavy, and then it ended.

It scares me because it's so bizzare and life-like, but I oddly like when I have it. Sometimes it goes further, but thats the most I can remember.

When I was like 9, my family visited my aunt and uncle's apartment for Halloween. I forget who, but someone was browsing through channels until The Exorcist appeared on one channel. We were only on that channel for like 15 seconds, but the scene that occurred was scary enough to give me nightmares for several nights. To this day, I've never been able to watch The Exorcist (or horror movies in general).

But regarding the nightmare itself, it involved the girl from the movie. That's all I could remember from it.

Snickerway wrote:

I had a nightmare where I was a KYM media moderator once.

no, seriously, that actually happened

TBH, being a Media Moderator is actually kinda dreadful. Media mods probably get the most hate among the mods (image moving complaints mostly), plus you have to moderate the entire KYM gallery for reposts, NC content etc., which can take up a lot of your time

Last edited Mar 29, 2015 at 10:48PM EDT

Oh boy… My stomach virus dream was a doozy.
So I was at school. Business as usual. It was snowing and shit, but as o was walking down the steps, my gf was wearing a hood. When we got outside, I asked why she was wearing a hood, she said I wouldn't understand, but I took it off… And she was suddenly a dude. She said she hated me and that she did this to herself for a reason I can't remember, but she just stormed off on the bus while everyone at school stared at me like a freak. I just remember feeling absolutely alone. Then suddenly I was in a car, and I thought I was depressed again. I thought I had lost all meaning and became a hollow shell again. And I was still in this godforsaken town called Palmyra.
Then I crashed. I felt like I got impaled. The last thing that happened was people celebrating that I was gone.
Essentially I dreamt I had lost everything and everyone was happy that it had happened.
Woke up in a cold sweat, couldn't even dare to look outside or text my girl.

Its very very rare for me to have nightmares but two really keep in my mind, the first one was me and my family were going to visit some relatives in another state it was a long trip like 6 hours, things got weird because my father got lost and end up taking a detour to a really shady and small town, people there were looking at me in weird way and just before leaving that town we got intercepted by two pick ups, some dude with an AK-47 yell "what the fuck are you doing here!" and my father decided to go outside the car to explain the situation, I couldn't look but I hear shoots, before I could freak out I fell stings in my body and I just dropped to the ground and die.

The other one was similar but in my university, some dudes blocked the exit and didn't let anyone go, this time they looked like ruffians without guns, there was a good amount of people yelling at the ruffians, I went to the front and decided to confront them, some guy got first and while he was arguing the guy pulled a gun and shoot him, then things suddenly shift now there was only me and the ruffian, he looked at me with a psycho face and he put his gun in his mouth and said "c'mon pull the trigger!", I couldn't do it so he laughs at me then I woke up.

My worst nightmare was the final one in this recurring one. This was back in secondary school.

To give context the last few nightmares placed me around my hometown and it was always was daytime, a bit dark and foggy and very cold. Very few people walk about only sometimes 1 or 2 in the entire nightmare. Now what made the nightmares unbearable was that I was always chased by this creature.

The creature is abnormally tall and humanoid, it's pitch black in colour and it has a very spherical head, like deadmau5's mask. It had large bulging, glowing white eyes that are hollow and it looks at everything as if it doesn't even exist. Its stare is empty. Its mouth was stuck at a slight permanent smile that is stitched together with a thread that is pure blinding white like the eyes but the mouth is constantly bleeding. It just follows you and when you see it it sprints at you with its arms and overly sized hands trying to reach for you.

This thing terrorized me for a consecutive week. It occasionally appeared again but its been a while since I had a nightmare (I very rarely dream).

It usually chased me a bit and then I'd wake up but my scariest encounter with this thing was when it caught me.

So the nightmare started and I was positioned outside my school. It's the same gloomy day as it always is when the thing is around. So I start walking back home the longer way to catch up with my friends as I sometimes did. However I took that route and I noticed no one on my way back, no strangers or friends or kids at my school. It was odd. So i'm about a quarter of the way home when I see a man, just an average man, and he's in front of me and going down the road to the left of me. He's the only person I've seen. I heard a large thump and turned around quickly. The thing is at the end of the road where I came from but at the very end so there is a big distance between us. I looked at it for about 3 seconds, noticing its holding some steel chains. I instinctively turn around and say to the lone man in front of me to run, but he ignores me completely. I run up to him and ask for help but he carries on ignoring me. I turn to look at the creature and look back and that guy is gone. I just had to sprint the way home. I am just going all out trying to escape occasionally looking over to see the thing start to gain on me. It's freezing now but I make it to the stepbridge in my town. It runs over an old railway line used for some bullshit train service or something. I become out of breath. I glance up from looking at the ground and its standing over me. It's big hands grab me and dangle me off this bridge for 5 minutes. I'm trying to shake it. It then wraps the chains around me and they are searing hot. It burns and i'm agony. Its lowering me down by these chains that are melting my skin and waits. Over the bubbling of my flesh I hear a sound. It was a train and it's speed towards me.

That's when I woke up. That day at school I was just in shock and I remember avoiding everyone till I got home.

Is very very rare i had nightmares well this one i have
i was in a street i was walking to my home after the school and the street started getting mist the street and behind me not close was this fucker

in that day was mist in the street i was scared as fuck for go to the school.

Last edited Mar 30, 2015 at 07:51PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!