Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,723 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

If you could remove anyone/anything from this world what/who would it be?

Last posted Sep 20, 2011 at 10:55PM EDT. Added Sep 17, 2011 at 04:23PM EDT
47 posts from 32 users

Wow. What a surprise.

You know what guys? I have a feeling this is going to be one high quality thead, which absolutely won't just become a series of pointless complains and arguments and bitching and so on. How could this possibly go wrong?!

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Mr Bumhole #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

Wow. What a surprise.

You know what guys? I have a feeling this is going to be one high quality thead, which absolutely won't just become a series of pointless complains and arguments and bitching and so on. How could this possibly go wrong?!

I know right! This could lead to elimnating all the unjust evil dooers in our world! Wow I think we on to somthing here guys!

rapturjesus wrote:

I know right! This could lead to elimnating all the unjust evil dooers in our world! Wow I think we on to somthing here guys!

I am not sure if you are indulging in irony by sarcastically mocking yourself, or if you are genuinely stupid enough to think that DPF believes this is a good thread. I would choose the latter, but for some reason I have decided to grant you the benefit of the doubt.

Mr Bumhole #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

Wow. What a surprise.

It's looking fantastic already.

There's this one guy I have classes with. Every morning, he comes over, sits with me and my friends, and acts in a very unpleasant manner. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard, he uses Spanish phrases in an annoying Gringo accent, and he tries to put sex into every conversation. Ignoring him doesn't work, so I pray that he'll eventually die, or move away or something so I never have to see his disgusting face again.

This thread may suck ass, but that's all I want.

Fridge wrote:

There's this one guy I have classes with. Every morning, he comes over, sits with me and my friends, and acts in a very unpleasant manner. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard, he uses Spanish phrases in an annoying Gringo accent, and he tries to put sex into every conversation. Ignoring him doesn't work, so I pray that he'll eventually die, or move away or something so I never have to see his disgusting face again.

Him??

Fridge wrote:

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Syndic wrote:

I am not sure if you are indulging in irony by sarcastically mocking yourself, or if you are genuinely stupid enough to think that DPF believes this is a good thread. I would choose the latter, but for some reason I have decided to grant you the benefit of the doubt.

Why do you need a ladder?

Captain Badass wrote:

I would remove mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, horseflies, regular flies. All the annoying insects.

thats not one thing

you lose

As it happens I have a serious (if a little outlandish) answer to this. Some time back, I was lamenting that my life wasn't becoming the epitome of success, and I thought that perhaps the solution would be to give up on trying to do the best, and instead, become an evil genius. But there's no point in just being an evil genius. As was made quite clear in the movie Despicable Me, being an evil genius involves hard work and lofty goals to take over the world. So what would the goal of my evil machinations be?

I've already expressed elsewhere that I believe money is one of the main things that is dragging this world down to hell, and while it would be nice to rid the world of money, it's not practical: In this day and age money comes in many forms, but there are three main ones that each requires its own separate solution: money in metallic form (coins and ingots of precious medals), money in paper form (although "paper" is not technically right, as many countries print their money on thin, durable textiles, while some others are starting to use plastic sheets), and the trickiest of all, money in electronic form, which probably makes up the majority of money in the world in the Internet age. Too complicated.

So what, I pondered, would be a single thing that is fairly uniform in nature that you could remove from the world that would drastically change it, and yet do so without hurting anyone (physically)? I was pondering this question on a long road trip, when I realized it was right in front of me: asphalt. If you could somehow remove all the world's asphalt and ensure that no more could be produced as well, large portions of the global infrastructure would have to be drastically changed. Any long distance travel would have to be conducted via mass transit: trains, planes, and ships. With any roads remaining being either dirt or far-more-fragile-than-asphalt concrete, anyone who still bothered to own an automobile would only use it for local travel. People could still conduct business long distance via the Internet, and local commerce would still be quite possible. This forces the people of the world to simultaneously become more connected to the world at large, as well as be more involved with their local communities. Also, carbon emissions go down sharply, helping solve a big chunk of the global warming crisis.

So, in a word: asphalt.

rapturjesus wrote:

thats not one thing

you lose

Well, then I would first remove the limit that I may only remove one thing.

I win.

Captain Badass wrote:

Well, then I would first remove the limit that I may only remove one thing.

I win.

You wouldve already removed somthing, therefore removing the limit for yourself did nothing.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!