Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Awesome Video game music

Last posted Oct 19, 2012 at 02:53AM EDT. Added Oct 12, 2012 at 10:09PM EDT
30 posts from 24 users

I can tell this will be a thread with massive amounts of youtube embedding.

I would like to ask the users to please spoiler their video (check the textile thread). The reason for this is that some user's browsers can not handle massive amounts of youtube videos in one page.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

I can tell this will be a thread with massive amounts of youtube embedding.

I would like to ask the users to please spoiler their video (check the textile thread). The reason for this is that some user's browsers can not handle massive amounts of youtube videos in one page.

I had already said that, but you made it clearer.

Ah, VG music. The only music I ever really cared about.

Two titles stand out for me: Freelancer and Unreal Tournament. I really enjoyed the music in both and when it comes to matching the music with the setting and atmosphere, they nailed it.

Immersive and fluid works best for sci-fi titles IMO. For Freelancers diversive and artistic worlds throughout a massive space to explore you had this:

For UT's rocket launcher fights, you had this:

Back when I first got these games I would rip the music files out of them and loop them in Windows Media player. This was before I had any interest whatsoever in commercial music at all.

These games are probably responsible for the DnB fetish that I developed later in life. You'll notice that all of them use that genre

Québec Ball wrote:

OMG I remember this game, my first rpg!

I got the game on my Wii this year, because I was only about 8 when it was first released.
I like the themes, characters (Miss Mows remains as a personal favourite), and the plot. Overall one of the best games I ever played.

Breath of Fire III was actually more my Brother's childhood game, but OH WELL

I also remember listening to a lot of Sonic CD's Japanese soundtrack, despite me being American and not owning the game. Thank you, internet.

Ignore the pic on this one. This one's by one of my favorite artists: Yosuke Yasui. It kind of reminds me of an anime opening.

My other favorite guy is Hideki Naganuma. You might know him as the guy who composed most of Jet Set Radio.

"The only time a lawyer can cry is when It's all over…"
_Godot, Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

Takes it to a new level of awesome here:

Now if you excuse me, I can't hold all thse feels..brb

Last edited Oct 18, 2012 at 09:02AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!