Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Interesting Facts About Your City/State

Last posted Feb 15, 2015 at 09:05PM EST. Added Feb 14, 2015 at 01:56PM EST
22 posts from 20 users

Waterloo, ON is nicknamed the Quantum Valley (like the Silicon Valley) due to the large amounts of research going on in the field of quantum mechanics and computing at both the Perimeter Institute (of which Stephen Hawking is a member), and the Institute for Quantum Computing at the University of Waterloo.

Cipher_Oblivion wrote:

The city I actually live in, Vancouver, Washington: It's connected to Portland.

As for Portland…

Just the fact that there's a city in Washington named Vancouver could be considered an interesting fact. Must get really confusing considering its proximity to Vancouver BC.

It does get confusing. If I say I'm from Vancouver or Washington while I'm on vacation somewhere else in the country, most people think I'm talking about BC and DC respectively. My friends and I have joked about wearing a shirt with this design when travelling to eliminate the confusion.

Grand Rapids, Michigan

Quick Facts:
- 2nd largest city in Michigan
- Home and burial place of President Gerald R. Ford
- There's a yearly contest called ArtPrize where thousands of hipsters enter insane art in an attempt to win $200,000

Thats all done in pencil

They moved the Loch Ness Monster in front of the zoo

- The city held a lip dub that broke a world record and was called "the greatest music video ever made" by Roger Ebert

- There was also the worlds longest inflatable waterslide

Last edited Feb 15, 2015 at 12:20AM EST

Our city was from the middle-ages,
One of our churches were close to a christian church, and historians found out that we yes, indeed we have ancient latin shitposting.

Sven <3 God

Crimeariver wrote:

Just the fact that there's a city in Washington named Vancouver could be considered an interesting fact. Must get really confusing considering its proximity to Vancouver BC.

I also live in Washington, and I'd like to point out that Vancouver (WA) is as far away from the Canadian border as you can get.

And as for my city- despite being moderately sized, it had never had a murder committed within its borders in its entire history. Until about a year ago.
When I moved there.
This is my life.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!