Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

How would you survive a T-virus outbreak

Last posted Mar 10, 2015 at 07:50PM EDT. Added Mar 08, 2015 at 10:36PM EDT
38 posts from 30 users

Now anyone here who's played resident evil knows what i'm talking about. So they know that the T-virus doesn't just cause zombies, it can infect just about any biological organism if it has a proper way of getting into it, and when it does, it transforms them into ungodly creatures. So imagine you are in a raccoon city incident.

The city you are in is overrun with zombies, mutants, and escaped B.O.Ws and just like raccoon city you got about 10 days until the government nukes the place. And just to give you a hard time were gonna throw in Nemesis and William Birkin and about 6 T-103's just like in Raccoon City. What are you gonna do?

A certain RE character is my husbando so I'd ask him to protect me.

Uh, I'd raid a Walmart for guns, round up some buddies, get some supplies, steal a car, then race to GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE. And then probably try to get on the other side of the planet.

We'd probably still die though. I'm inexperienced, out of shape, and despite having a husbando from the game, I actually don't know much about RE so I wouldn't know what to do or know how dangerous certain characters or things are so I would end up being useless, depending too much on others, dragging everyone down and probably fucking something up and causing everyone to die.

Last edited Mar 08, 2015 at 10:44PM EDT

James Blunt wrote:

kill myself, i doubt i could stand up against even more than 10 zombies, let alone fucking nemesis

Well nemesis and the other 2 parties aren't necessarily hunting for you, they just so happen to be in the city that you are in. And if you happen to cross paths then you are fucked.

Cecaelia Girlie wrote:

A certain RE character is my husbando so I'd ask him to protect me.

Uh, I'd raid a Walmart for guns, round up some buddies, get some supplies, steal a car, then race to GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE. And then probably try to get on the other side of the planet.

We'd probably still die though. I'm inexperienced, out of shape, and despite having a husbando from the game, I actually don't know much about RE so I wouldn't know what to do or know how dangerous certain characters or things are so I would end up being useless, depending too much on others, dragging everyone down and probably fucking something up and causing everyone to die.

That certain RE character is infested (or along the lines) with the stuff Girlie, So avoiding him is the best to do… besides that raiding a Walmart is the last thing you wanna do, but what do I know?

Artyom wrote:

That certain RE character is infested (or along the lines) with the stuff Girlie, So avoiding him is the best to do… besides that raiding a Walmart is the last thing you wanna do, but what do I know?

Yeah, I'd suppose a Walmart would be a zombie hotspot or something.:P

Old Man GigaChad wrote:

Head for the police station, that seems like it would be the safest place.

Have you ever played the RE before? If not the the Police Station is the worst place to be, its overrun with zombies, and these things

I'd go to a plastic surgeon and equip myself with baleesteeks.

Or I'd attempt to kill the zombies with my katana. It probably wouldn't work very well, as I'm only a weeb and not a trained swordsman, but I should be able to kill a few of them before I get eaten. With any luck, I'd find a way to become a Wesker style virus mutant, so I could use my mutant powers to escape, but if not, I'd be pretty well fucked.

The real danger is the initial panic/confusion because mass rioting and looting would throw everything in disarray and the zombies would only add to that problem.

Barricade myself in with my family/loved ones for as long as possible with a plan to kill ourselves incase it all goes to shit (Any death is better than being pulled apart and eaten alive by zombies) Chances are I won't unless the military/government pulls off some magical cure or holds off the zombies.

TillsterRulz wrote:

The real danger is the initial panic/confusion because mass rioting and looting would throw everything in disarray and the zombies would only add to that problem.

Barricade myself in with my family/loved ones for as long as possible with a plan to kill ourselves incase it all goes to shit (Any death is better than being pulled apart and eaten alive by zombies) Chances are I won't unless the military/government pulls off some magical cure or holds off the zombies.

You're not going to try and escape the city? Cause its gonna get nuked.

My plan is inspired by Sarge's zombie plan.

Other than that i'd probably find a way to end my life in a fantastic blaze of glory, preferably with explosions.

Last edited Mar 09, 2015 at 05:10PM EDT

Plan A
Short term:
Find somewhere safe and secure for rest and stockpiling purposes. I am physically able so survival won't be a problem.

Long term:
Procuring an armoured vehicle, preferably a Challenger 2 MBT. They are one of the fastest tanks about so escaping a horde won't be an issue.

And that's it, I'd live in an armoured tracked shell until everything sorts itself out.

Plan B
Go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Last edited Mar 09, 2015 at 05:39PM EDT

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

STEP ONE: Make sure I'm actually immune and my visions weren't lying to me.
STEP TWO: Strap two large blades to arms.
STEP THREE: Go full-on Scyther.

How the hell would you actually test whether or not you're immune without risking possible infection?

TripleA9000 wrote:

You're not going to try and escape the city? Cause its gonna get nuked.

dont mind me not reading the whole post before posting

I thought it was just a scenario of "how would you survive if zombies/T-virus was real

If we're talking about a raccoon city type incident, just head for the city limits and leave. I don't recall them mentioning any kind of quarantine keeping people in. But for the sake of playing along, first I'd look for a leather biker outfit to avoid the possible quick bites or scratches. Then I would try and get my hands on a machine gun of some kind (assuming we're going off real world logic, one well placed head shot is all it takes, so better a gun that holds several dozen rounds.) And any form of heavy weaponry to deal with larger B.O.W's. Look for at least 2 other able bodied survivors, and at the most 4. Then find some kind of tower structure with at most two entry's/exits to hold out on, with occasional supply runs.

If we're lucky we'll make it to day 5

It all depends whether you're going off the video game series or the movie series. If it's the vidya, then it's a somewhat better chance, to be honest. Zombies are slow so stick to either high ground or travel through sewers. If it's the movie series we're going off of, then we're fucked.

Any other zombie apocalypse, and I'd just stick to this.

--

Simple, have Chris Redfield teach me how to punch out boulders, then it'll be smooth sailing from there.

Last edited Mar 10, 2015 at 07:51PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!