Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Subculture: Super Smash Brothers

Last posted Oct 20, 2011 at 05:09PM EDT. Added Oct 13, 2011 at 11:50PM EDT
18 posts from 10 users

There is no doubt that this series is a Subculture. Hugely successful, millions if not billions of fan art and parodies, and a few memes that popped up from the mass.

Any objections to makeing this article?

Thanks! Definitely looks much better!

If we are including Fan Games I will add a section about the Super Smash Flash seires also. And if I remember correctly Awkward Zombie webseires made it's start through Melee parodies, so I will add a bit about that.

…Yup.
The gaming community has made lots of Meta jokes about the game as well (and no, this is not a pun at all).

Last edited Oct 14, 2011 at 09:19PM EDT

I am thinking about adding a "Reception" section under the Spread section, as we can easily find several gaming reviews and sales data.

Also, should we add a section about all the characters that appear in the games? We could set up a bunch of icons like the character select screen and if you click on one you get sent to the characters respective Wiki page.

Have a reception section would be a good idea. However, having a page for each character might be overkill as some aren't really meme-related or for those that are their meme pages describe them thoroughly enough for meme content.

Ok, added it. Are we missing anything?

EDIT
WHOA WHOA WHOA!! What the fuck is this doing in the Deadpool!?! People used say this stuff all the time!

Last edited Oct 20, 2011 at 05:11PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!