Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Dabbing Squidward and Marge Simpson pose

Last posted Feb 08, 2016 at 11:11PM EST. Added Feb 03, 2016 at 03:49PM EST
14 posts from 9 users

Two for the price of one I guess.

I have seen these two a lot of times these days (Marge Simpson pose mostly on tumblr and Dabbing Squidward on Vine and Tumblr).
Could they warrant an entry or should we just wait for a bit? Also any better names for Marge Simpson one?

For the marge one I've seen a few names, including "Marge Face", "Marge Dance", and "Marge Krump."

The image is from this scene, and is from the episode Little Orphan Millie

The krumping scene has also become popular, with marge dancing and music layered on top, such as this video with 800,000 views.

The marge thing has a fair amount of posts, such as this one with 50,000 notes.

The popularity is pretty recent, since most of the posts come from this week.

I don't know much about the squidward one, but apparently there's a holy trinity now?

Anyone know anything about the spongebob one?

Last edited Feb 03, 2016 at 06:30PM EST

This is probably the issue with weird twitter memes is that usually they have like no name or no basis they just kind of happen based on weird stills of things or random images with no context. Doing research is hard too. Like there's this one image that's months old now and mostly dead that involves a picture of a guy in midair that's so blurry you can't tell what his body parts even are. That's literally all there is to it there's nothing to look up.

Hell there's another spongebob still I've seen for ages that makes no sense I barely know what it even means and I'd show it if I could even find it.

Last edited Feb 03, 2016 at 06:59PM EST

Slutty Sam wrote:

This is probably the issue with weird twitter memes is that usually they have like no name or no basis they just kind of happen based on weird stills of things or random images with no context. Doing research is hard too. Like there's this one image that's months old now and mostly dead that involves a picture of a guy in midair that's so blurry you can't tell what his body parts even are. That's literally all there is to it there's nothing to look up.

Hell there's another spongebob still I've seen for ages that makes no sense I barely know what it even means and I'd show it if I could even find it.

Sam is right about memes like this being hard to research, so we have to get started as soon as possible. I've started on the Marge Krump page , if anyone wants to help ask for editorship.

Dreamworks wrote:

For the marge one I've seen a few names, including "Marge Face", "Marge Dance", and "Marge Krump."

The image is from this scene, and is from the episode Little Orphan Millie

The krumping scene has also become popular, with marge dancing and music layered on top, such as this video with 800,000 views.

The marge thing has a fair amount of posts, such as this one with 50,000 notes.

The popularity is pretty recent, since most of the posts come from this week.

I don't know much about the squidward one, but apparently there's a holy trinity now?

Anyone know anything about the spongebob one?

Ok, the name for the spongebob one appears to be "Spoons Rattling".

The name comes from this scene, and is from the pizza delivery spongebob episode. It has a few posts, not as many as dabbing squidward or krumping marge, but still a fair amount of posts. It's mostly just on iFunny and tumblr.

Last edited Feb 04, 2016 at 05:13PM EST

So does anyone know what this is?

At one point it was all over twitter and other places. I usually saw it with the stereotypical ironic "black twitter" filter distortion and at times it's paired with the term "boi". Might as well get out all the weird-ass spongebob still memes in one thread.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!