Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

I came meme

Last posted Apr 16, 2010 at 04:21PM EDT. Added Apr 13, 2010 at 09:30AM EDT
21 posts from 12 users

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-came

This WAS that entry.

KYM has a goatse article. I can't see why I Came would be too inappropriate.

Chris explained it to me. It was around before the internet.

Last edited Apr 13, 2010 at 10:21AM EDT

The 'I came' image/phrase is (mostly) used if someone posts something epicworthy. I saw some variations like "I came buckets" or "I came wrenches", to name a few.

Last edited Apr 14, 2010 at 09:46AM EDT

When I see someone who says that "I came" is a 4chan meme, it makes me think that person has never heard "I came" outside of 4chan. Here's a hint: people have been referring to orgasms as "cumming" WELL BEFORE the internet existed.

@Erwinator

Sorry, I forgot to link to the thread. I was kinda in a hurry so as not to miss the bus to get to school so I didn't really know what I actually posted. Anyways, I was talking about this thread: https://knowyourmeme.com/forums/meme-research/topics/531-is-i-came-a-meme

Also, even though Goatse and 2 Girls 1 Cup had been confirmed by then, we still had a phase when the admins would disallow the submission of NSFW memes. I think it was because that was the time when a lot of NSFW pictures were being uploaded to the site by numerous trolls (3rd wave of KYM users), though I digress.

@Thread

"I came" HAS acquired some sort of recontextualization on the internet as Erwinator pointed out with this post:

The ‘I came’ image/phrase is (mostly) used if someone posts something epicworthy. I saw some variations like “I came buckets” or “I came wrenches”, to name a few.

I don't really see people using the phrase as much for when they actually "ejaculate" so far as them just describing that they like something in a thread/video/whatever. I think that it really does deserve an article if you're up to making one for it. Just make sure you do a little research for it though (which is rather troubling as it's a sexually related meme) before making the entry.

The problem with "I came" is its ambiguity.
Like Jostin and Erwinator pointed it out, "I came" can also describe someone who like something so strongly, so much, that he litteraly "comes" from happiness.
While it can be used for anything (neither necessarily for explicit material nor even slight erotic containt), there is still that weird innuendo that is present.

Last edited Apr 14, 2010 at 06:56PM EDT

"I came" has its own life online as a response to forum posts and as an image macro. There may be prior art IRL but I think there's enough use in forums to at least consider this as an entry.

The problem is that the first entry was poorly written. It could use a rewrite.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!