Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,670 total conversations in 3,366 threads

+ New Thread


New Boxxy?

Last posted Jan 17, 2011 at 09:34PM EST. Added Nov 19, 2010 at 06:20PM EST
59 posts from 32 users

I just need to understand this, people are taking this seriously, shes not the real boxxy, but a good con, this just happened today, I even saw the thread on 4chan, but I need to understand why this is already in the Boxxy article?

Last edited Nov 19, 2010 at 06:21PM EST
Nov 19, 2010 at 06:20PM EST

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boxxys-OwnCollectible-InuYasha-Shoulder-Mail-Book-Bag-/180589595629?pt=LH_Defaul

relevant 2 interests

Nov 19, 2010 at 09:56PM EST
Quote

Jamie Dubs wrote:

Real or fake? real or fake

I think that she came back to the internet memez or a new Boxxy?

I want it for Christmas!!! xD

Nov 20, 2010 at 12:47AM EST
Quote

For me, they’re not her, and here’s why. For starters, I don’t recognise her as Boxxy. Humans are very good at recognising faces that they’re familiar with, especially those of people they like such as family and friends, and crap at recognising faces they aren’t familiar with. That’s good news for Superman and his optometrist, but also the reason why I think Boxxy lovers won’t think it’s her. We adore her and we’ve seen her videos and pictures quite a few times. We’re familiar with her. The girl in the photos above seems similar, granted, but that’s not the same thing.

I imagine that fangirls can tell those two guys apart, but to me they are pretty damn similar. Side by side I can sorta tell the difference but if you were to seperate the pics and show them to me at different times, both with the name “Pretty boy #5” than I’d agree they were the same guy. Maybe that’s my pretty boy hater attitude shining through there, but that’s my point with boxxy – you love her, you recognize her and can tell when someone isn’t her, you hate her, you think she is the same as any reasonably cute girl with bangs and dimples.

Oh wait, this one doesn’t seem to have any dimples…

Or you know, personality. Expression? Exuberrence? Energy? This new one seems pretty lifeless compared to the original:

Which is another reason I think this isn’t the real boxxy – instead of being moldy lunch boxx, she is stale bread. Now that might be a result of her experiences with /b/ which has altered her personality, but I seriously doubt it. For starters, personality is about 50% genetic. We’re born with it. The other 50% is environmental influences such as society and education, and here’s the thing, these influences need to be relatively stable to influence personality. Sure, highly influential events can alter short term emotions, mid term moods, and long term attitudes. They can even influence how we think and behave about certain things, such as interactions with others – this may even explain the subdued expressions in the pics if it is boxxy – however personality is pretty damn stable over time and I wouldn’t expect fame to change the personality of someone who seems to be pretty extraverted.

As such, I wouldn’t expect this:

To turn into this:

That said, personality can lead us to do silly things. Like seek out fame or even notoriety in order to maintain our personality. That’s right – we’re attracted to lifestyles which support who we are, and we actively engage in things which reinforce our sense of self. Boxxy originally posted several pictures of herself online after her videos attracted online attention. She then posted another video, her most infamous (and awesome) before retreating from the limelight. Clearly, she sought some attention, and she may be doing it again. If she is, and if she gets the bajillions of dollars for her bag (seriously, take a look at the auction) than fuck yeah for her. If not, sucks to be the person who is about to get hit with a lawsuit for fraud – boxxy, real boxxy, my queen, if you’re reading this than please go halvies with me on this one so that we can nail this fraud and then live our lives in the bahamas ;)

Nov 20, 2010 at 03:34AM EST
Quote

With that said, whether they’re real or fake doesn’t matter: it’s Boxxy.

As much as I love the girl, I have to admit that I don’t know her – I know her meme and derivatives thereof. There is a difference and it’s easy to overlook, as witnessed by the abortion that was /b/tards stalking her.

To say that these new images are real or fake is a misnomer – it’s like saying an image of George Washington on a dollar dolla bill (y’all) is real when a picture of him on an cereal box is fake. There is logic to doing so however, as the bill image is probably taken from a painting made of the man, whereas the oats box is an artists representation of Washington as a… wait for it… meme. In either case, Washington was a man who was likely very different to the meme we know – at the very least, we can be sure that the meme fails to cover a great deal of who he was though can probably agree he was pretty much a badass.

Boxxy too is an idea, based on a person. It’s possible she may even be an avatar of an archetype, an embodiment of an idea which resides in us all. Like the mom on the Brady Bunch or various heroes in mythology, her personality and physique seems to match a concept we can easily relate to. No apple or circle is a perfect sphere, and yet they match our concept of one, and so too it is with boxxy – not as a circle (derp de derp derp) but rather as a teenage girl, cute and exuberrent and giving, somewhat silly and sexy as well.

Much of the reason for her unintentional trolling was because of this. Instead of representing the old /b/, an internet hate machine which does not forgive and does not forget (thankyou Oprah for teh lulz) she represented the new, or a movement within it at least. Boxxy represented the teens of anon, who likely make up a significant part of its legion, and those who actually like them – perhaps most of all, she represented the trolls who saw newfags and their influence on /b/ was a sore spot for the oldfags and their established traditions. She was like Beetles!!!!, if you will, rocking the 60s youth and establishment alike: though they both experienced the same thing, they experienced it differently. As such, being a boxxy lover or a hater is about us, more than it is about her.

This brings me back to my original point. Real or fake, these new pictures are Boxxy. They are now part of the collective meme. The boxxy lovers will likely say they’re fake. The boxxy haters will likely say they’re real. They’re the same pictures that we all see, but our answer to this question is more about us than it is about her, until such time as the truth is revealed and accepted. I hope the truth is that this is an imposter – selling a bag seems an interesting though trollish was to go about a return. Part of boxxy’s appeal is that she was so lively, innocent, and emotionally giving, none of which I see within the new photos.

Last edited Nov 20, 2010 at 03:43AM EST
Nov 20, 2010 at 03:34AM EST
Quote

I saw on the board she posted on that people are starting to think it might be her due to a tri-force mole set that boxxy and the girl in the photos has on her cheek. :S
Personally though, I believe this is a fake- why would she come back after years to get her fans to help out her funds? If she stayed on YT she probably would of got a partnership seeing how popular she was. I’d like to think the real boxxy wouldn’t use her fans. :3

Nov 20, 2010 at 07:05AM EST
Quote

I think the girl in the picture with the bag is boxxy…

Same eye teeth – buck teeth are relatively common, but then there’s the angle, length, and relative place ment of the lateral incisors and canines – six similar teeth would be pretty damn rare on a similar looking girl whose dimple is also most prominent on the her left hand side.

Goddamnit.

Oh well, now is she behind the auction too? Maybe her friends stole a photo from her facebook page. I’m still not convinced about the other photos.

Nov 20, 2010 at 12:31PM EST
Quote

Goddamnit again – the other photos (comcast email sign, goodby bangs) seem to have a similar line in the neck as in other photos, the triforce mole on her left cheek, and same chin and lip structure. The bridge of her nose looks wider in these ones however.

Also, this:

Just because she’s still cute as a bugs ear ;)

Nov 20, 2010 at 01:04PM EST
Quote

Lol can you give me a link to the bid?

Nov 20, 2010 at 01:57PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Lol can you give me a link to the bid?

It’s in this thread, and in the kym boxxy page.

Nov 20, 2010 at 02:09PM EST
Quote

Enter US $1,000,099.99 or more

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Nov 20, 2010 at 02:56PM EST

The teeth part is what got me, Still waiting to be epicly trolled.

Nov 20, 2010 at 04:38PM EST

Okay, so maybe this chick isn’t Boxxy. But still…

http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/083/865/original/boxxy.png?1290293459

Nov 20, 2010 at 05:52PM EST
Quote

When i first saw it, I’m like BOXXY? but now that i look at it more and more.. it isn’t her.. Just to much of her face is off and if anything i want to see her post a video to prove its her. That sign anyone could have wrote and threw a date on it…

And that auction can be serious, It’s not real…no way anyone going to pay that much..If so i need more proof.

Last edited Nov 20, 2010 at 06:40PM EST
Nov 20, 2010 at 06:37PM EST
Quote

A more important question is what happened to her hair?

Nov 20, 2010 at 06:46PM EST

I personally don’t want this to be the real boxxy just because I want to remember her as the random girl with the excessive makeup in a dark room, not the internet scamming girl who used her fame to get money from internet nerds.

Nov 20, 2010 at 07:22PM EST
Quote

DrDope wrote:

I personally don’t want this to be the real boxxy just because I want to remember her as the random girl with the excessive makeup in a dark room, not the internet scamming girl who used her fame to get money from internet nerds.

U MAD?

Nov 20, 2010 at 07:25PM EST

Well I personally agree with it being Boxxy I especially agree with the fact she’s getting idiots to buy her bags

Nov 20, 2010 at 08:19PM EST
Quote

Sweatie Killer wrote:

U MAD?

I sad

My queen/wife is dead

Nov 20, 2010 at 08:26PM EST
Quote

Meh we live in a capitalist society, thats just apart of life, is it a sin to make money?

Nov 20, 2010 at 09:38PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Meh we live in a capitalist society, thats just apart of life, is it a sin to make money?

meh. in this case maybe. i personally think its a really, really smart troll or her. probably a troll. i actually hope a troll because my image of boxxy wasnt a girl who scams newfags D:

Nov 20, 2010 at 09:52PM EST
Quote

richies^ghost wrote:

With that said, whether they’re real or fake doesn’t matter: it’s Boxxy.

As much as I love the girl, I have to admit that I don’t know her – I know her meme and derivatives thereof. There is a difference and it’s easy to overlook, as witnessed by the abortion that was /b/tards stalking her.

To say that these new images are real or fake is a misnomer – it’s like saying an image of George Washington on a dollar dolla bill (y’all) is real when a picture of him on an cereal box is fake. There is logic to doing so however, as the bill image is probably taken from a painting made of the man, whereas the oats box is an artists representation of Washington as a… wait for it… meme. In either case, Washington was a man who was likely very different to the meme we know – at the very least, we can be sure that the meme fails to cover a great deal of who he was though can probably agree he was pretty much a badass.

Boxxy too is an idea, based on a person. It’s possible she may even be an avatar of an archetype, an embodiment of an idea which resides in us all. Like the mom on the Brady Bunch or various heroes in mythology, her personality and physique seems to match a concept we can easily relate to. No apple or circle is a perfect sphere, and yet they match our concept of one, and so too it is with boxxy – not as a circle (derp de derp derp) but rather as a teenage girl, cute and exuberrent and giving, somewhat silly and sexy as well.

Much of the reason for her unintentional trolling was because of this. Instead of representing the old /b/, an internet hate machine which does not forgive and does not forget (thankyou Oprah for teh lulz) she represented the new, or a movement within it at least. Boxxy represented the teens of anon, who likely make up a significant part of its legion, and those who actually like them – perhaps most of all, she represented the trolls who saw newfags and their influence on /b/ was a sore spot for the oldfags and their established traditions. She was like Beetles!!!!, if you will, rocking the 60s youth and establishment alike: though they both experienced the same thing, they experienced it differently. As such, being a boxxy lover or a hater is about us, more than it is about her.

This brings me back to my original point. Real or fake, these new pictures are Boxxy. They are now part of the collective meme. The boxxy lovers will likely say they’re fake. The boxxy haters will likely say they’re real. They’re the same pictures that we all see, but our answer to this question is more about us than it is about her, until such time as the truth is revealed and accepted. I hope the truth is that this is an imposter – selling a bag seems an interesting though trollish was to go about a return. Part of boxxy’s appeal is that she was so lively, innocent, and emotionally giving, none of which I see within the new photos.

She could have gotten raped, she could have depression, any range of mental disorders, a family member could have died, she could have broken up with a boyfriend, anything could have happened.

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:37PM EST
Quote

lols. So it’s safe to assume she’s still extremely relevant to the interwebz?

The inuyasha bag looks ugly anyway :(

Nov 20, 2010 at 11:12PM EST
Quote

@ Ash Warwick & Richie’s ghost
Boxxy could have gotten a little bit less impulsive in the past years of her absence from the internet. That is usually associated with maturity and is normal development. Also, from a picture of her posing, she could have selected a picture where she doesn’t appear as “exuberant and energetic” because she wants to appear more “normal”. She has the same teeth, “triforce” birthmark, and general facial structure as the boxxy from the videos. It’s her mom’s paypal and ebay account and this was probably a calculated move.

Also, I’m a psychology major and I’m calling you out on your claimed understanding of personality and Jungian archetypes.

Nov 21, 2010 at 08:37AM EST
Quote

Ash Warwick wrote:

She could have gotten raped, she could have depression, any range of mental disorders, a family member could have died, she could have broken up with a boyfriend, anything could have happened.

Or maybe she was tired

Nov 21, 2010 at 08:39AM EST
Quote

Lol – calling me out. Dear oh dear. I’m guessing there is more to your cry of shenanigans than an appeal to your authority of your psych. major – or would this be an appeal to a false authority? Pyschology is a profession and the study of personality is but one of its realms, so being a psych. major does not grant anyone a claim to authority on the subject. Forgive my assumption here, but being a psych. major implies that this is a current process and that there are many things left for you to learn but that you have learned a thing or two. As a psych. major, what would you say are the flaws displayed in my claimed understanding of personality and archetypes?

Ahh pissing contests on the net, gotta love em = )

Last edited Nov 21, 2010 at 10:27AM EST
Nov 21, 2010 at 10:24AM EST
Quote

Wait, the paypal address one has the fingers shopped! They’re the same as the I luv you one!

Nov 21, 2010 at 04:06PM EST
Quote

richies^ghost wrote:

Lol – calling me out. Dear oh dear. I’m guessing there is more to your cry of shenanigans than an appeal to your authority of your psych. major – or would this be an appeal to a false authority? Pyschology is a profession and the study of personality is but one of its realms, so being a psych. major does not grant anyone a claim to authority on the subject. Forgive my assumption here, but being a psych. major implies that this is a current process and that there are many things left for you to learn but that you have learned a thing or two. As a psych. major, what would you say are the flaws displayed in my claimed understanding of personality and archetypes?

Ahh pissing contests on the net, gotta love em = )

TL:DR.

Nov 21, 2010 at 06:56PM EST

Collage humor is my guess. But they should know better then to mess with boxxy

Nov 21, 2010 at 08:37PM EST
Quote

DrDope wrote:

I personally don’t want this to be the real boxxy just because I want to remember her as the random girl with the excessive makeup in a dark room, not the internet scamming girl who used her fame to get money from internet nerds.

I kind like how you put that and want the same to.. She came and she was gone from the net.. No info no nothing.. it was more fun that way :D

Nov 21, 2010 at 10:37PM EST
Quote

I say that this is being filmed for a future Tosh.0 episode where Boxxy gets a web redemption. The redemption of course is taking money from the dumbass /b/tards.

Nov 22, 2010 at 12:22AM EST
Quote

This thread should be combined with the “Rape my Childhood thread”

Nov 22, 2010 at 07:27PM EST

lets look at this okay so boxxy rose from nowhere and spread a message of piece and love. The internetz were arguing for days on end before splitting into two different factions, one that respects and worships her, and one that seeks to destroy her. the side that sought to destroy her won. Everyone, kept on with worshipping her, even if some doubted her return. Now she has come back and a 4chan armageddon will now ensue.

conclusion:
Boxxy=Jesus

Nov 22, 2010 at 08:26PM EST
Quote

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/084/209/original/proof.png?1290482895

Nov 22, 2010 at 10:42PM EST
Quote

The first auction was cancelled.
There’s a new one which is at $200 at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boxxys-InuYasha-Mail-Shoulder-Bag-/180591158505?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Backpacks&hash=item2a0c1264e9#ht_500wt_1156

Nov 23, 2010 at 11:45AM EST
Quote

Shapeless wrote:

The first auction was cancelled.
There’s a new one which is at $200 at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boxxys-InuYasha-Mail-Shoulder-Bag-/180591158505?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Backpacks&hash=item2a0c1264e9#ht_500wt_1156

why was it cancelled?

Nov 23, 2010 at 11:50AM EST
Quote

It’s in the description:
We had to close the last auction due to fraudulent bidding. We’d love to see this get to a true fan.

Now it’s more realistic. $207.50

Nov 23, 2010 at 02:10PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!