Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

I guess the Angry Birds movie has a few updates.

Last posted Oct 04, 2014 at 12:48PM EDT. Added Oct 03, 2014 at 08:51PM EDT
9 posts from 8 users

Anyone remember the announcements for the Angry Birds movie?
Welp, it's been about a year since the last thread's been locked, and there's some updates for this. Yay…

First, I guess designs have been shown for the birds. They now have fucking legs and feet.

Second, a cast has been announced, of course having an "all-star" cast like Jason Sudeikis and
Josh Gad.. just read the rest of it here: Article
And I guess by the picture, the film will be released by 2016 (probably when Angry Birds will completely loses relevance).

So, what are your thoughts of this?

I must admit, it looks good seeing that new character design and all, it's just that 2016 is when nobody's gonna care about that thing anymore

I think if they made it in 2011-2012 it'd be a pretty high grossing movie (assuming it was actually decent)

Something about the character designs come off as very… Unpleasant to me. I think the super realistic feather texture mixed with the super cartooney eyes that practically look drawn on just gives the whole thing a weird vibe to me.

But hey, Key and Peele are involved in this. I might just watch this movie on that fact alone.

While it's true this movie came pretty late to cash in on the Angry Birds fame, I think we tend to forget the longevity franchises aimed at children tend to have compared to adult franchises. I remember hearing some people say Justin Bieber's movie was gonna flop cus his fame was gonna die out before the movie released, but the movie's been out for years now and that little shit stain is still popular.

Last edited Oct 04, 2014 at 02:10AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!