Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
JoJos Bizarre Adventure General

Last posted Sep 16, 2017 at 04:41PM EDT. Added May 06, 2015 at 07:16AM EDT
387 posts from 56 users

Oh yeah, my favourite posing anime ever!
Sure I am hyped for finale, but at the same time it's kinda sad that is going to end and what happens to 3 certain heroes.

My favourite JoJo is without a doubt Joseph Joestar, tho all of the JoJo's are great.

I'm always hyped for some JoJo's.

I'll never forget the moment when kakyoin noriaki has to fight an mlg gamer named Xxx_d'arby420_xxX (his name is D'arby).

Last edited May 06, 2015 at 01:46PM EDT

what a beautiful thread
chew
so many Jojo fans, get a feeling so complicated
I feel it deeply, this feel I feel it
No dignity
How do I say this..I…have a boner

1.) Yes
2.) Joseph Joestar
3.) People say it will be the best part after SBR. So pretty much hyped.

Things what Jojo make right (opinion):

1.) Restor the good reputation of the sparkling vampires
2.) Fade the Friday song bad taste with the Friday meme
3.) Vanilla Ice
4.) Poses and buff bodies

Question:
- Do you follow the main happenings (Part 8)?
- Is it good? Would you recommend?

By the way, it's Friday.

Last edited May 08, 2015 at 02:54AM EDT

Holy f*cking sh*t, what a great episode, any anime-only watcher can give opinions? I 'd like to hear them,I think they really nailed it, by the way, Vanilla Ice's VA is freakin' awesome, and the soundtrack is marvelous

Last edited May 08, 2015 at 01:09PM EDT

Aside from the subtle bow and arrow in Dio's room there was another teasing on part 4 anime in case you don't wanna read the article: Some tweets were made suggesting that the JoJo's anime producers might already be doing some location scouting in Sendai (The town that Morioh was based off of) for after Stardust Crusaders ends this season

Last edited May 23, 2015 at 01:13AM EDT

Joseph Joestar and Speedwagon are my favourite JoJo's so far. Stardust Crusaders is my favourite "Part" so far, especially with the Stands and all that stuff. I haven't read the manga yet but the anime is like one of the best things ever made.

Last edited Jun 02, 2015 at 06:57PM EDT

I just started watching this yesterday and I only got to episode 10 so I'm going to not really read anyone's posts atm but I'll probably catch up pretty quick.

I heard the first season is not really all that great compared to the rest of it but I gotta say I'm pretty damn entertained.

I watched Part 1, 2 and a little bit of 3. Hardly have any info on part 3. All I really care about is DIO. Favorite fucking villain and he shares the same birthday as me.

As for part 4, I want it NOW. I never read it, but Crazy Diamond, Killer Queen, and Josuke are my favorite things about it.

Though we all love (and hate) DIO-sama, I find Japanese David Bowie and his stand Ziggy Stardust to be my favorite JoJo villain: he's both a credible and humorous threat.

lisalombs wrote:

hang on a second are you telling me my OTP for this series is only alive for like five episodes.

fuck. The bromance was real.

Welcome to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, where everybody you'll ever love will die (and pose).

I finished the first season/series/? last night and I'm really confused about why people say it's not good and want to skip it? Like that was all I read on tumblr when I was thinking about watching it before, it's why I never started it. Someone explain.

lisalombs wrote:

I finished the first season/series/? last night and I'm really confused about why people say it's not good and want to skip it? Like that was all I read on tumblr when I was thinking about watching it before, it's why I never started it. Someone explain.

They're most likely referring to the actual first two parts of the manga itself, maybe not the actual anime. The first season is the first two parts anyway, so technically you don't have to really read the manga until Part 3. Is that what you mean?

Its the anime for sure, people are always asking if they can start with the part that starts with Jotaro instead of the actual beginning. Maybe it's a tumblr specific thing, they do have a lot of terrible opinions.

lisalombs wrote:

Its the anime for sure, people are always asking if they can start with the part that starts with Jotaro instead of the actual beginning. Maybe it's a tumblr specific thing, they do have a lot of terrible opinions.

Well, Part 3 is by far the most popular and thus most well-known part of the manga. It would make sense why people would prefer to skip the first two parts, especially considering that from Part 3 onwards, it's all stand battles. That being said, I think it's important to start at Part 1; it isn't the best or most memorable part, but it does set a standard for the rest of the series to follow.

I really can't understand people that tells newcomers to skip the first two parts, they're pretty damn good, and the anime did an excellent job adapting them…
Part 1 is kinda underrated, it gives you a good insight on the Dio character and how over the top can he really be, while Jonathan can be a too much of a good-boy, there is still Speedwagon and Zeppeli, both characters are a lot of fun, and it's not like it takes tons of time to watch/read the whole thing
Whoever tells you to skip part 2 is completely insane, young Joseph is an extremely fun and witty character, you can argue the villains aren't at the same level as Dio but they're very entertaining in their own right, plus, the anime OST is God-tier

ShiJo wrote:

I really can't understand people that tells newcomers to skip the first two parts, they're pretty damn good, and the anime did an excellent job adapting them…
Part 1 is kinda underrated, it gives you a good insight on the Dio character and how over the top can he really be, while Jonathan can be a too much of a good-boy, there is still Speedwagon and Zeppeli, both characters are a lot of fun, and it's not like it takes tons of time to watch/read the whole thing
Whoever tells you to skip part 2 is completely insane, young Joseph is an extremely fun and witty character, you can argue the villains aren't at the same level as Dio but they're very entertaining in their own right, plus, the anime OST is God-tier

To me, the best part of Part 2, aside from Joseph and the Pillar Men, is Stroheim. Such a lovable, badass ham.

ShiJo wrote:

Part 1 is good but there wasn't anything special, especially compared to the other Parts of the series. It was kinda like a learning stage for Araki, I guess.

Part 2 is what Part 1 should've been. The fights were better and more characters. Heck, the characters lived LONGER compared to Part 1. And it still holds up, because of Joseph and the better use of the Hamon. Also, the OST is great.

But, let's face it: Stands > Hamon.

As someone who knows nothing of the manga: part 1 was ordinary, maybe not even ordinary but what I expected, but still a really good story. I don't know how anyone could go through the rest of the series without knowing how Dio went all vamp in the first place (but I haven't even seen him again yet where I am in part 3 atm). Part 2 I am still recovering emotionally from and will most likely end up on my "awesome shit I rewatch when I'm bored" list. At this point I'm way more into Hamon than Stands but then again I've only seen two (three? Is Joseph's camera thing really a Stand lmao?).

lisalombs wrote:

As someone who knows nothing of the manga: part 1 was ordinary, maybe not even ordinary but what I expected, but still a really good story. I don't know how anyone could go through the rest of the series without knowing how Dio went all vamp in the first place (but I haven't even seen him again yet where I am in part 3 atm). Part 2 I am still recovering emotionally from and will most likely end up on my "awesome shit I rewatch when I'm bored" list. At this point I'm way more into Hamon than Stands but then again I've only seen two (three? Is Joseph's camera thing really a Stand lmao?).

It's more of an information stand. From where I'm at, I've seen it use cameras to find locations, make maps of towns in sand, read minds, use TVs to eavesdrop on Dio, and be used as vines.

Lisa what you need to know at this point is:
1_ Joseph is best JoJo ever. PERIOD
2_ It's always Dio's fucking fault

I hope you end up getting in Part 3 and maybe Part 4
Specially with glorious DUWANG

…well I guess I'll get that ^ when I get there… this series is kinda the fucking strange if you ask me.

I am really enjoying jamming out to the Bangles every twenty minutes btw, what a great ED.

I'm not enjoying that tho like holy shit.
(I'm about to start 21 of Stardust Crusaders now, I'm gettin' closer)

Guys, today is the day.
The great finale of Stardust Crusaders and the beggining of Part 4.

Also lisa, it ain't "Bizarre" for nothing.

wait do the Parts refer to the manga and not different anime seasons? Is there another JoJo?

I mean there's bizarre, and then there's possessed Arab babies with fangs and the creepiest voice conceivable. & some weird psychological shit that made me feel crazy just watching. I'm a really big baby though, very easily startled, I'll get over it.

I am pleased to see Avdol back halfway through this episode, I hope he stays alive this time. I like him a hell of a lot better than Polnareff and Kakyoin.

Get ready for ROAD ROLLER DA!

That aside, correct lisa each part is in reference to each Jojo story arc. There are currently eight arcs, but the Jojo story line starting from part one goes up to part six then seven on is in an alternative universe.

As for the rest of part three, after where you are the story gets pretty lighthearted in the second anime season up until the end. So dont worry about it being too creepy for a while. Plus you'll soon met the 6th stardust crusader who is considered a fan favorite.

Last edited Jun 12, 2015 at 02:51AM EDT

Tupolev Tu-22M Backfire wrote:

Guys, today is the day.
The great finale of Stardust Crusaders and the beggining of Part 4.

Also lisa, it ain't "Bizarre" for nothing.

Maybe i misunderstood something but:

And Lisa Lisa, i think you will love the Bastet's Mariah ep.

H.UNgrammar wrote:

Maybe i misunderstood something but:

And Lisa Lisa, i think you will love the Bastet's Mariah ep.

It's probably an epilogue with Part 4 preview or something like that.
But today is the day!

Grord wrote:

What was it? The video's been removed.

It was a special version of the season's OP. The ending part has slightly changed for this episode.

{ Plus you’ll soon met the 6th stardust crusader who is considered a fan favorite. }

I hope you're not talking about this dog.
I keep waiting for him to actually do something but he rarely even makes an appearance??
I'm on 36.

Ok so I want to get into this series, but I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start. If someone could give me just a straight answer of what I should start with (i.e. the actual name and year of the series) that would be very much appreciated.

Crimeariver wrote:

Ok so I want to get into this series, but I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start. If someone could give me just a straight answer of what I should start with (i.e. the actual name and year of the series) that would be very much appreciated.

Well, you should easily start with the first part of course. The first part, Phantom Blood, started somewhere in the late 80s. Personally, I never read the early parts of the manga (specifically 1 and 2); instead I watched the first season of the anime.

Is this the answer you're looking for?

Hello! You must login or signup first!