Forums / Media / Music

6,760 total conversations in 425 threads

+ New Thread

Music Recommendation Thread

Last posted Aug 08, 2014 at 07:51PM EDT. Added Jul 31, 2014 at 09:12PM EDT
9 posts from 7 users

I'm looking for some really powerful punk rock. Can anyone give me a hand? Most of the punk rock I've been hearing about aren't as wild and rebellious as I've been expecting. I want something along the lines of this video game's ost:

I've listened to songs by the Sex Pistols, the Misfits, and even a punk rock version of Let it Go and nothing comes close to this. I want something strong, intense and rebellious yet not heavy like Metal and not falling under the lines of Power Metal. Am I actually looking for punk rock or some other genre? Many thanks!

Last edited Jul 31, 2014 at 10:01PM EDT

Considering that "Come with Me Now" is my current favorite song on the Top 40 and some of my new favorite songs include "The Walker" by Fitz and the Tantrums and "Fever" by The Black Keys, I have been trying to find other really good alt hits that I would like. Even though I still pay attention to Billboard's Alternative chart, I hardly listen to alt radio. The station that I used to listen to that got me in to alternative music ended up becoming a ESPN station after only one and a half years of airing, and I do sometimes listen to Alt Nation on Sirius XM when I'm in my father's car, but most of the time the songs played on there are ones I haven't seen on the aforementioned Billboard chart. Can anyone find any current alt hits that are good that I can listen to so that most of the time I tune on to Alt Nation I won't be a stranger to some of the songs?

@Tchefuncte Bonaparte

I know all these songs. They were all major #1 on the Alternative Chart back in the day and were played on the station I used to listen to. I'm trying to find either ones that are either forgotten gems from the past or the new biggest ones of today. For example, I've heard "I Wanna Get Better" by Bleachers a few times now, and it's starting to grow on me, I want to know if there's any good one within that group of songs that might be forgotten later on, like "Mountain Man" by Crash Kings. To put it short, ones that will most likely not cross over onto pop charts.

Last edited Aug 01, 2014 at 12:58AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!