Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Forum President Final Poll

Last posted May 26, 2012 at 12:46AM EDT. Added May 19, 2012 at 03:09PM EDT
74 posts from 28 users

I'm pretty sure most of you have seen Troll King's latest thread. Don't worry, the ban is just a week, not like the perma he was afraid of.

But I'd feel bad if you guys don't get to know the results. So I am giving you a final poll. The winner of the poll of course won't get a title or anything, but it's the feeling that counts. I mainly looked for candidates in the Application Thread, so it's possible you're not in here if you forgot to post there. I still took some other factors into consideration, so there will be some users missing.

The following poll takes votes by IP, so no duplicate accounts. Risk is that people can still vote for themselves, but I trust you all to be able to vote like adults. It's a Dutch poll, so don't be suprised by the weird language. It just says that your vote was registered. I'll keep the results hidden for now (have the code stored in a word document) and will post them on Monday/Tuesday.

Feel free to tell others who you voted for or give a final speech. May the best user win.

Forum President Candidate List

Last edited May 19, 2012 at 03:30PM EDT

Cale wrote:

Why do you all hate Troll King.

Why isn't your post on topic?

Basically, it was an elaborate troll that a lot of users were falling for. I stayed back and let it play on, but I have no problem with the ban. I'm honestly surprised it's not longer. It's nothing new, but that's neither here nor there.

Random set-up a poll to make something of what could have been a fun idea. I consider that a favor to TK, if anything.

Last edited May 19, 2012 at 03:40PM EDT

I voted for myself, and I regret nothing.
It's not immature to vote for yourself. You want yourself to get the position. It's logic.
Still, thought that just to be fair I should say it here.
If this isn't allowed, subtract a vote from me.

Quantum Meme wrote:

Wasn't I in this?

I got most of the candidates for the Application thread. Perhaps I missed you or you didn't make a clear post there about the party you're running for etc.

Last edited May 19, 2012 at 06:37PM EDT

So what are the results so far?

Also I didn't think TK needed to be banned. Didn't we all know it pretty a massive trolling attempt from the very beginning?

I played along with it because I am bored and I assumed that's why everyone else went along with it too.

If anything, TK should be congratulated for making the first decent trolling attempt here in a long time.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

So what are the results so far?

Also I didn't think TK needed to be banned. Didn't we all know it pretty a massive trolling attempt from the very beginning?

I played along with it because I am bored and I assumed that's why everyone else went along with it too.

If anything, TK should be congratulated for making the first decent trolling attempt here in a long time.

It's not like we can go accept trolling as legit. Besides, even without this game, he had it coming for him long enough.

Cite wrote:

I voted for Verbose.
If you people don't vote for me I will cry.

No one vote for cite! Post the video once you are down crying too.
Jk, I already voted for twins because she Is girl who might send me boobies for vote. My logic is flawless.

Twenty-One wrote:

I accidentally voted for myself, sorry. -1 vote for Random21

I think i voted for Seal Clubba afterwards though

I feel loved now. O.O
Have a cookie.

…this voting site doesn't give any last warnings before polling your vote…

Random, if the code provides the names of users, as opposed to just IP's, would you be able to remove my vote? I wasn't ready to decide just yet and i wanted to test the system

Will I need to say who I voted for or will you be able to find it?

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 02:30PM EDT

In the end, it matters not who ran, or for what party. It matters what they stood for.

All this time, I have been running on a platform of tolerance, diversity, compassion, acceptance. I chose not to attack the others that ran against me.

I am the one that would lead us into a brave new future. Free of fear, free of trolling, free of spam. However, as sincere as my positions may be, I fear that I may not be the one to win here today.

I will not force my will upon the Users. If it is their will that I should not be elected, then that is their choice and I will respect their choice and defer to them. I will stand behind whoever gets elected. I will not dare to attempt a revolt.

I am one of you. I may have my differences with the majority of you, and my grievances with some of you, but in the end, the will of the People is all that matters.

The time has come to select our leader. And no matter who they are, I have every reason to believe that they will succeed in their new role.

But I'll be back at the next election, throwing my hat into the ring and hoping to get it next time. Maybe by then people won't hate me as much…

I am Thomas Nair, and I promise you, the Western Federation will never forget the bravery of those that chose to vote in our favor! FOR THE FEDERATION!

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 03:01PM EDT

Slappy The Fish wrote:

…this voting site doesn't give any last warnings before polling your vote…

Random, if the code provides the names of users, as opposed to just IP's, would you be able to remove my vote? I wasn't ready to decide just yet and i wanted to test the system

Will I need to say who I voted for or will you be able to find it?

I'm not able to track votes with this poll and you can only vote once. So if you want to change you have to say who you voted for and who you want to change to. I'll just type that below the results in that case.

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

In the end, it matters not who ran, or for what party. It matters what they stood for.

All this time, I have been running on a platform of tolerance, diversity, compassion, acceptance. I chose not to attack the others that ran against me.

I am the one that would lead us into a brave new future. Free of fear, free of trolling, free of spam. However, as sincere as my positions may be, I fear that I may not be the one to win here today.

I will not force my will upon the Users. If it is their will that I should not be elected, then that is their choice and I will respect their choice and defer to them. I will stand behind whoever gets elected. I will not dare to attempt a revolt.

I am one of you. I may have my differences with the majority of you, and my grievances with some of you, but in the end, the will of the People is all that matters.

The time has come to select our leader. And no matter who they are, I have every reason to believe that they will succeed in their new role.

But I'll be back at the next election, throwing my hat into the ring and hoping to get it next time. Maybe by then people won't hate me as much…

I am Thomas Nair, and I promise you, the Western Federation will never forget the bravery of those that chose to vote in our favor! FOR THE FEDERATION!

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Cool story, bro.

Tai Kamiya of the jimmy party wrote:

HEY HEY HEY UMM FORGETING SOMEONE HERE?! Maybe someone in the jimmy party named tai kamiya.

Who the hell are you?

Tai Kamiya of the jimmy party wrote:

HEY HEY HEY UMM FORGETING SOMEONE HERE?! Maybe someone in the jimmy party named tai kamiya.

As said in the OP post, I took several other factors in consideration as well.

When scrolling through the application thread, I noticed most of your posts had received a good amount of downvotes. Based on that I concluded people didn't want to vote for you and/or didn't saw you as worthy candidate for being "president". So I left you out. It's similar to why people like Anormulus and Epyc Wyn aren't listed.

I hope you understand.

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 10:04PM EDT

Wait, that was a trolling attempt? It wasn't a very good one then, because I really don't see any possible way Troll King could have gained anything from it.

According to Wikipedia, a troll is defined as "someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

Let's see, he wasn't inflammatory, extraneous or off-topic, and he didn't cause any emotional responses from anyone. We all just played along in a joking manner. I guess he was a successful troll, if not at reaching the goal of trolling but at getting very far in his attempts (that we all knew we would have to pick up eventually).

@dac:

In that case, I shall also vote for myself so I may send myself revealing pictures when I win due to dac's flawless logic.

(actually I kind of want to change my vote, but the stupid system won't let me)

Fellow citizens, we observe today not a victory of party, but a celebration of freedom--symbolizing an end, as well as a beginning--signifying renewal, as well as change. For I have sworn before you and Almighty God the same solemn oath our forebears prescribed nearly a month ago.
The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of human life. And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globe--the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God.
Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
This much we pledge--and more.
To those old allies whose cultural and spiritual origins we share, we pledge the loyalty of faithful friends. United, there is little we cannot do in a host of cooperative ventures. Divided, there is little we can do--for we dare not meet a powerful challenge at odds and split asunder. 6
To those new States whom we welcome to the ranks of the free, we pledge our word that one form of colonial control shall not have passed away merely to be replaced by a far more iron tyranny. We shall not always expect to find them supporting our view. But we shall always hope to find them strongly supporting their own freedom--and to remember that, in the past, those who foolishly sought power by riding the back of the tiger ended up inside.
To that world assembly of sovereign states, the United Nations, our last best hope in an age where the instruments of war have far outpaced the instruments of peace, we renew our pledge of support--to prevent it from becoming merely a forum for invective--to strengthen its shield of the new and the weak--and to enlarge the area in which its writ may run.
Finally, to those nations who would make themselves our adversary, we offer not a pledge but a request: that both sides begin anew the quest for peace, before the dark powers of destruction unleashed by science engulf all humanity in planned or accidental self-destruction.
But neither can two great and powerful groups of nations take comfort from our present course--both sides overburdened by the cost of modern weapons, both rightly alarmed by the steady spread of the deadly atom, yet both racing to alter that uncertain balance of terror that stays the hand of mankind's final war.
In your hands, my fellow citizens, more than in mine, will rest the final success or failure of our course. Since this country was founded, each generation of KYMers has been summoned to give testimony to its national loyalty. The graves of young KYMers who answered the call to service surround the globe.
Now the trumpet summons us again--not as a call to bear arms, though arms we need; not as a call to battle, though embattled we are--but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year out, "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation"--a struggle against the common enemies of man: tyranny, poverty, disease, and war itself.
Can we forge against these enemies a grand and global alliance, North and South, East and West, that can assure a more fruitful life for all mankind? Will you join in that historic effort?
In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility--I welcome it. I do not believe that any of us would exchange places with any other people or any other generation. The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it--and the glow from that fire can truly light the world.
And so, my fellow KYMers: ask not what Know Your Meme can do for you--ask what you can do for Know Your Meme.
My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what Know Your Meme will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.
Finally, whether you are citizens of Know Your Meme or citizens of the world, ask of us the same high standards of strength and sacrifice which we ask of you. With a good conscience our only sure reward, with history the final judge of our deeds, let us go forth to lead the land we love, asking His blessing and His help, but knowing that here on earth God's work must truly be our own.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Alejandro

It may be a good idea to get a sledgehammer and break that wall into smaller pieces, just saying.

Maybe, as long as it will unrustle your jimmies, sir. May I still be your Vice President if when you are elected?

I just wanted to remind people that I have promised absolutely nothing to KYM should I win. Thus, I am the only candidate you can trust to keep his promises. Besides, there's that picture we were talking about in the IRC, and I think it's an underhanded tactic by my opponents to bring it up. Don't stand for this sort of mudslinging; you should definitely duck instead. Who wants to have mud slung on them?

Do I have to find a picture of me kissing a baby now, or is that too 20th century?

Edit: Wait, I've got it; I need a picture of me kissing Miku Hatsune, right?

Last edited May 21, 2012 at 11:50PM EDT

Small extras:

• Slappy and Twins would like to change votes. As I do not know who they voted for or who they want to change to I cannot say which two votes are incorrect.
  • Random21 and MDF voted for themselves. Take it as you will, count or remove.

Team Votes:

• Brony Party: 10 Votes
  • Homestuck Party: 10 Votes
  • Gamer Party: 9 Votes
  • Jimmy Party: 7 Votes
  • Other parties were only one person or had only one person with votes.

Congrats to MDF and the Homestuck party.

Last edited May 22, 2012 at 07:47PM EDT

Banda de Cauciuc Mingea wrote:

So is MDF our President?

It's a fake contest, there are no prizes to wi-

I MEAN, ALL HAIL MDF, OUR NEW PRESIDENTIAL OVERLORD!

Last edited May 22, 2012 at 07:57PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Small extras:

• Slappy and Twins would like to change votes. As I do not know who they voted for or who they want to change to I cannot say which two votes are incorrect.
  • Random21 and MDF voted for themselves. Take it as you will, count or remove.

Team Votes:

• Brony Party: 10 Votes
  • Homestuck Party: 10 Votes
  • Gamer Party: 9 Votes
  • Jimmy Party: 7 Votes
  • Other parties were only one person or had only one person with votes.

Congrats to MDF and the Homestuck party.

WOOOHOO!

I GOT ONE FUCKING VOTE!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!