Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,713 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

The First Video Game You Ever Beat

Last posted Sep 30, 2012 at 12:04PM EDT. Added Sep 24, 2012 at 07:41PM EDT
62 posts from 59 users

What was it?

For me, it was Sonic the Hedgehog on the Genesis… I had no idea that the game actually ended, because I could never figure out how to get past the pistons and lasers at the end of the last act, and I never had any rings once I had gotten there… Once I finally managed to hit Eggman, and I saw Sonic running the opposite direction he normally does on Emerald Hill, surrounded by his animal buddies… Felt good, man.

So yeah, discussion over the first game you ever beat, and the feels that came with it. Feel free to nostalgia in your pants to critical mass.

Last edited Sep 24, 2012 at 07:44PM EDT

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

I'm not entirely sure, but probably Pokemon Blue. I honestly have almost no recollection of a time in life where I had not completed that game.

This would be mine, as well. My older brother's copy.

I remember it..
I remember when my cousin gave me that awesome yellow basket with a N64 and many games
It could be Blast Corps (A game of crashing cars into buildings and get paid and if you don't the whole earth explodes, i got a very far part of the game and i remember)

Or Mario 64(My cousin beated most of the game, and i finished it)

Dose feels, Natsuru…

This is really underrated in my opinion.

Man, it's been so long since I've started playing video games (about 20 years now,) but I don't really remember "beating" many games. Most of the games I came up playing when I was younger were sports games and racing games. It's not really a memorable event to beat one.

But I do remember beating Streets of Rage when I was still very young.

Music by Yuzo Koshiro…who helped turn me on to VG music

Side-scrolling fighter with a co-op mode. My older brother and I got to the last stage, and in an previously unprecedented decision for us, the final boss asked if we wanted to become his right hand man.

I think I said "Yes" (because pushover,) and my brother said "No."

That triggered a fight where we had to fight each other until one of us lost all of our lives.

Due to a lack of skill, I spammed various moves and beat my brother.

Being beaten by your younger than 10-year old brother and being 4 years older than him…

There is no rage face that could describe his state…

But my parents were watching us play, so they tried to calm him down. And he did to an extent. They wanted me to keep playing, even though I felt bad for beating my brother.

So they cheered me on when the final boss asked again if I wanted to be his right hand man. Said no (because indecisive kid).

And so he proceeded to fight me. I beat him after a couple of continues.

Apparently, when you beat the game that way, you get the "bad" ending where "You (become) the boss! You are great!"

And then Verbose owned a city.

Last edited Sep 24, 2012 at 08:50PM EDT

I think this was the first video game I've ever actually beat.

Contra Force
That was for NES.

First PC game was:

Fallout 1
I was told to find a water chip and destroy the master's army, and thats what I did. I finished it November of 1999. Still remember that.

Unrelated: Good thread Patrick, it brought back some good memories.

Last edited Sep 24, 2012 at 08:59PM EDT

Couldn't even read when I first got it, but as a result of the wonders of vidya games, I could read long before any other kids my age could.

Level 100 Pikachu, Blastoise and Fearow… The memories…

First game I ever beat?

Pokemon Blue.

It took me several weeks of almost nonstop playing on my GameBoy back in elementary school (which I'm proud to say is still intact), but I conquered the game as a second-grader!

If I'm not mistaken, it was also the first video game I've ever played. A lot of events in there were really fulfilling, and I'd love to play it again.

Last edited Sep 24, 2012 at 09:13PM EDT

angstyHoodie wrote:

I don't care what people say about it, Halo will always hold a special place in my heart.

Even if I killed all the NPC team-mates

Don't be ashamed… I always shoot every non-important NPC character in Half-Life. (I need that clip of glock ammo more than they do.)

This is one of the first games I ever played. I went over to a friend's house when I was seven in 2001 and I sucked hard at it. I got really addicted and my mom got it for me for my eighth birthday in 2002. It wasn't really a game to beat, but I did finish the classic mode in the singe player in my first month of owning it and I unlocked all the characters, maps and trophies so I guess you could say that I beat it. As of now, I have over 8000 hours spent on it.

If I ever get to over 9000, I'll let you know.

Check out this badass in the football helmet

Look at him running around murdering innocent peaceful citizens of foreign aliens worlds without a single concern for alien dipomacy. Why? Because fuck aliens, that's why. And he does it all in a pink shirt just for added "fuck you". You can tell this guy just doesn't give a fuck. All you have to do is look at him wrong and he'll smack a bitch up with a goddam pogo stick then pogo off your silly bitch ass to reach a 1UP. Better stay outta his way and let him take all your precious alien chocolate bars and teddy bears unless you want trouble.

That's the awesomeness that was Commander Keen. First game I played and completed (to my memory). I bet some of you guys were probably still in diapers when I played it

I think my first fully completed game was getting all the stars on, "Super Mario Sunshine"

People say it's one of the worst games in the series, but I think it's one of the best.

(By the way, this game isn't easy)

Last edited Sep 26, 2012 at 05:27AM EDT

Nikolaki8 wrote:

I think my first fully completed game was getting all the stars on, "Super Mario Sunshine"

People say it's one of the worst games in the series, but I think it's one of the best.

That game gave me entirely too many headaches. I couldn't even get past the giant flower in the lighthouse.

Much respect to you.

Nikolaki8 wrote:

That was an amazing game.

On topic. I believe that the first game that I ever beat was Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards.

This was my first ever Kirby game I got, and I fell in love with the entire series since then. I remember that I discovered every combination of powers that you could get, and I beat Zero-Two. I was around 5 or 6 when I played the game, and I nearly cried when I fought him. I still beat him though.

Last edited Sep 27, 2012 at 12:34PM EDT

It was one of the first games that could be beaten. Most games would simply get more difficult as you played on or would repeat the same scenarios.

Someone may be able to trump this by posting Colossal Cave Adventure or the old Star Trek game.

Last edited Sep 27, 2012 at 08:02PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!