Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

83,643 total conversations in 7,437 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Why we should re-open Ruined Childhood

Last posted Aug 08, 2014 at 01:21PM EDT. Added Aug 08, 2014 at 11:48AM EDT
14 posts from 10 users

Not only was it abused, but it took in so many images that belong elsewhere. Even on Childhood Enhanced post-lock, there was an image about the original creator of Spongebob thinking of getting back to working on the show. Hopefully you're aware, but the Spongebob gallery takes priority for Spongebob-related images.

Now we'll actually see other galleries get more traffic. This is a good thing in so many ways.

Also, I don't know if this applies to anyone, but if you're butthurt because the Childhood galleries were your go-to gallery for uploading images, well then I hope you cry into a mug and ship it to me so I can drink it because you were part of the problem.

Lemme ask you something: Why do you think the Childhood galleries should be unlocked?

Pretty much every image you can fit into Ruined Childhood you can fit into some other gallery.

Maybe there can be a central ruined childhood thread like there used to be with the c-word, but re-opening the gallery would end up in a mess, unless it's heavily monitored.

That Glaceon wrote:

Not only was it abused, but it took in so many images that belong elsewhere. Even on Childhood Enhanced post-lock, there was an image about the original creator of Spongebob thinking of getting back to working on the show. Hopefully you're aware, but the Spongebob gallery takes priority for Spongebob-related images.

Now we'll actually see other galleries get more traffic. This is a good thing in so many ways.

Also, I don't know if this applies to anyone, but if you're butthurt because the Childhood galleries were your go-to gallery for uploading images, well then I hope you cry into a mug and ship it to me so I can drink it because you were part of the problem.

Lemme ask you something: Why do you think the Childhood galleries should be unlocked?

srs melon? its so obvious its because your infringing on the rights of the posters. Who are you to say what can and can't be uploaded. And if people are allowed to put pony images in non pony galleries because its relevant why can't we put spongebob in ruined childhood. I mean it is relevent

Last edited Aug 08, 2014 at 12:50PM EDT

TripleA9000 wrote:

srs melon? its so obvious its because your infringing on the rights of the posters. Who are you to say what can and can't be uploaded. And if people are allowed to put pony images in non pony galleries because its relevant why can't we put spongebob in ruined childhood. I mean it is relevent

Listen, I'd completely understand if the circumstances were different. That is, if we were a social site like Tumblr, or Facebook, or Reddit, or what have you, then of course, preventing people from uploading non-law-breaking content isn't exactly warranted.

However. We've mentioned this multiple times before and I'll mention it here again: We're not a social site. Yeah, we have a community (obviously), but first and foremost we are a site for documentation. The image galleries ARE. NOT. YOUR. SOCIAL. VENT. The purpose of the image galleries, despite how it may seem, is to provide accurate examples of the article at hand for users and non-users alike to better understand the article. But instead, everyone treats the galleries like Imgur.

Keep in mind that we are not preventing you from uploading anything. We're preventing you from uploading images to a certain gallery. That's it. You're still free to upload whatever the hell you want, s'long as it doesn't violate the Media Rules and Guidelines, so go crazy.

To be honest, Ruined Childhood was as misused as Cringeworthy's gallery really, so it needed the lock, and long ago, I was expecting Ruined Childhood to be locked eventually for how misused it was

If it weren't for so many people abusing both galleries and posting images in the Ruined Childhood and Childhood Enhanced galleries when an entry is most likely made for the image of said show, chances are, they'd still be open by now instead of being permanently locked until further notice

I think at the most, both should stay locked, or the misplaced images moved to the appropriate gallery, but that'd probably be a little too much work for the mods, considering the Ruined Childhood gallery had nearly 3k photos before the lock, and Childhood Enhanced had around 1.2k before it was locked

Last edited Aug 08, 2014 at 01:10PM EDT

That Glaceon wrote:

Listen, I'd completely understand if the circumstances were different. That is, if we were a social site like Tumblr, or Facebook, or Reddit, or what have you, then of course, preventing people from uploading non-law-breaking content isn't exactly warranted.

However. We've mentioned this multiple times before and I'll mention it here again: We're not a social site. Yeah, we have a community (obviously), but first and foremost we are a site for documentation. The image galleries ARE. NOT. YOUR. SOCIAL. VENT. The purpose of the image galleries, despite how it may seem, is to provide accurate examples of the article at hand for users and non-users alike to better understand the article. But instead, everyone treats the galleries like Imgur.

Keep in mind that we are not preventing you from uploading anything. We're preventing you from uploading images to a certain gallery. That's it. You're still free to upload whatever the hell you want, s'long as it doesn't violate the Media Rules and Guidelines, so go crazy.

yes but that doesn't change the fact that those images are still relevant. So far the complaint from the mods is just "its too many images at once ugh, lets make them post them somewhere else"

gonna lock this thread becuase once the comments are locked this will be the only place to discuss it, and it was set up as a trap thread to own and suspend the pro-unlocking guys lol.

special apologies to deltamelon who got royally owned itt.

Last edited Aug 08, 2014 at 01:24PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!