Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
suggestion for MLP cleanup

Last posted Apr 12, 2012 at 03:19PM EDT. Added Apr 12, 2012 at 12:42PM EDT
8 posts from 7 users

in almost every meme page that has nothing to do with MLP, in the photo and video section there is alot of MLP reiterations of that meme, which don't at all contribute to that meme.

I suggest having these MLP reiterations moved to the MLP photo/video section, so when I scroll through the photos of, for example, the CSI 4 pane comics, I'm not seeing a a bunch of ponies putting on sunglasses and telling puns, only the relevant photos that are funny

and this doesn't include just MLP, I'm thinking user pictures of themselves putting on sunglasses and telling puns is just unnecessary

another example: bitch I'm fabulous

puppies, candid camera shots of people, things that represent long flowing hair, yes

a pony or some dude taking a webcam picture of himself with long flowing hair, no, not really

I don't know how to suggest this without sounding like an elitist prick or MLP hater

Last edited Apr 12, 2012 at 12:44PM EDT

I disagree.

All the examples that you have brought up are clear derivatives of the original meme.

If it is an unrelated image, as in it has nothing to do with the original meme and not that it is a pony version of the original meme or something like that, then it can be removed.

But for what you’re talking about… No. They’ll stay.

^What Chris said, they're here to stay.

If we would continue with your idea to remove all MLP derivatives, we might as well remove any derivative of those memes that originated from a different show. As according to your logic, those as well have nothing to do with the original meme.

Which is incorrect logic. Any type of derivate shows notable spread in the meme. Therefore these belong in the image gallery of that meme.

Inb4 shitstorm btw. Knowing KYM, someone is going to use this thread to complain about MLP.

The MLP reiterations are in fact, inspired by the original meme, and therefore, as Chris said, are clearly derivatives. It does sound like you are trying to help the community, but in reality, this would both take too much work, and remove a large portion of the relevant images from the entry.

However, if you see a random picture that has nothing to do with the entry at all, please direct it to this thread

I shall list the reasons that this is a terrible idea:

1. Who has time to do all of that? That would take ages. Even with massive user help, the image mods would be hard pressed to remove or transfer them all.

2. Why should MLP crossovers be taken out, but no others? A large percent of the images we have are crossovers. We'd have to get rid of them as well.

3. Shitstorm. So much shitstorm. It would offend anyone, and bronies on this site are as excitable as they are numerous.

4. As stated above, there is no reason to remove images that are clearly related to/derivatives of an entry.

in almost every meme page that has nothing to do with cats, in the photo and video section there is alot of cat reiterations of that meme, which don’t at all contribute to that meme.
I suggest having these cat reiterations moved to the cat photo/video section, so when I scroll through the photos of, for example, the CSI 4 pane comics, I’m not seeing a a bunch of cats putting on sunglasses and telling puns, only the relevant photos that are funny
and this doesn’t include just cats, I’m thinking user pictures of themselves putting on sunglasses and telling puns is just unnecessary
another example: bitch I’m fabulous
puppies, candid camera shots of people, things that represent long flowing hair, yes
a cat or some dude taking a webcam picture of himself with long flowing hair, no, not really
I don’t know how to suggest this without sounding like an elitist prick or cat hater

in almost every cat page that has nothing to do with cats, in the cat and video section there is alot of cat reiterations of that cat, which don’t at all contribute to that cat.
I suggest having these cat reiterations moved to the cat photo/video section, so when I scroll through the cats of, for example, the CSI 4 cat comics, I’m not seeing a a bunch of cats putting on sunglasses and telling cats, only the relevant cats that are funny
and this doesn’t include just cats, I’m thinking user cat of themselves putting on cats and telling cats is just unnecessary
another cat: cat I’m fabulous
cats, candid camera cats of people, things that represent long flowing cats, yes
a cat or some dude taking a webcam picture of himself with long flowing cats, no, not really
I don’t know how to suggest this without sounding like an elitist cat or cat hater

Last edited Apr 12, 2012 at 03:20PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!