Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Incentives for tagging and naming images

Last posted Oct 12, 2014 at 04:39AM EDT. Added Oct 12, 2014 at 04:13AM EDT
3 posts from 3 users

I don't know how big a deal this is for the community, but I think the number of untagged and untitled images is too high, and the numbers are growing at a fast rate. I actually think it's kinda fun to help out and name/tag images on the site, but it gets old really fast. I don't think a lot of our users are pitching in to naming and tagging images, and I think one way to really get us scrapbookers motivated is to actually have our efforts in tagging and naming images recorded as contributions. There doesn't have to be two new wedges for tagging and naming in the pie chart, maybe just have them under the images contribution wedge. Is that going to be a problem?

Actually, there is something coming and it wound up becoming a thing in my push for more User-Titles. I don't know how soon you will see it though. However the foundation for image edit central titles has been added in the form of Image Edit History:

Stay tuned I guess.

Last edited Oct 12, 2014 at 04:29AM EDT

This is a pretty cool idea. I for one make sure to tag and name every single image I upload, so it would be a pretty swell deal for me. I would definitely like to see more tagging and naming in the galleries. More sourcing would also be nice, for that matter.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!