Forums / Media / Video Games

38,628 total conversations in 2,701 threads

+ New Thread

Which character do you main on Super Smash Bros. 4?

Last posted Jan 11, 2015 at 09:29PM EST. Added Dec 24, 2014 at 11:04PM EST
46 posts from 44 users

I haven't found a definite main yet, and I've had the game for a month. If I had to go compeitively though, I'd go with Shiek. Otherwise I go with like Villager, Marth, Mega Man, or, if I really feel masochistic, Jigglypuff.

And maybe Ganondorf.

I should probably find better characters.

Last edited Dec 25, 2014 at 09:03AM EST

I mainly use characters who are from games I like and have played and hardly ever stray outside of this. Like I can use Ike and Marth, but I've never played a Fire Emblem game so I don't ever use them regularly. I like using Shulk, both Samuses and Link a lot, because I like Xenoblade, Zelda, and Metroid. I even use Ganon plenty just out of my love for Ganon's character and the Zelda series even though I hate his fighting-style.

1.- Lucario .- He is a beast, great move pool, great recovery, good ranged and melee figther, aura is OP. 10/10 would main.

2.- Bowser .- I alway like the typical slow powerhouse, bowser in this one is pretty good you still take a tons of hit but now bowser had the tools to retaliate.

3.- Link.- Finally link is top tier, with improved recovery, speed and kill potential, link perform good against anyone.

Luigi.

He's been my main since the original Smash bros for the N64, and I still like to use him as a main.

And I'm more happy he developed into less of a Mario clone in the later games. Giving him more unique and creative moves.

Jigglypuff. I just jump, float, and kick. Occasionally, I'll dash in to attack.

Outside of that, Ganondorf and Mr. Game and Watch. Game and Watch is so twitchy and hard to anticipate if you can watch animations and fight, and everything Ganondorf hits with is at least disruptive if not devastating.

Captain Falcon and Little Mac.
Was once playing a team battle (Me as Captain Falcon and CPU as Little Mac) and I Falco punched some dude the same time Little Mac K.O. Punched him. They automatically became my favorite characters to play as.

Last edited Dec 28, 2014 at 12:59AM EST

Mains:

1. Shulk. I don't exactly utilize his Monado Artes effectively but the rest of his moveset has a long reach compared to all the other characters in the game and that is a good match for me. I need to continue Xenoblade…

2. Ike. My main from Brawl, and I like him mainly because he is heavy-weight and therefore has a good amount of priority to his attacks. Not as much as Brawl, but still good. Overall he is super satisfying.

3. Robin. It's so satisfying to finally have a Mage Character who isn't a watered down firework using piece of crap. [Dumps some water on Zelda to help with that burn]. Consider me a very defensive player, so despite not having a dedicated counter like the vast majority of my other favorites Robin is somehow able to fill that role with a large combination of his magic spells and allows me to play the game strategically for a change.

Honorable Mentions: Link, Pit, Palutena, Marth, Pikachu, Captain Falcon.

I usually only play as my Mii. Costum Created Characters have always been my personal choice and the brawler class is an instant favorite of mine. Being able to ORA my way is just great.

Last edited Dec 28, 2014 at 11:00AM EST

Falcon was my main for a long time, but I found myself oddly struggling with him, whiffing tons of attacks and leaving myself wide open, so I branched out a bit.

Donkey Kong is my new main, with Little Mac in close second, and Mega Man going home with the bronze.

Man, I'd so main Wolf if he was in this game. Hands down my favourite Brawl character. Fox's Wolf palette swap is a little painful to see.

And yeah, nice to see so much diversity in mains here(and not lilmacs across the board).

Ganondorf with dash speed + attack boost equipment. No one ever expects Ganondorf to run up and flame choke them at Captain Falcon speed.

For when customs aren't available, Marth, Mega Man, and ZSS (who I'm turning out to be surprisingly good with).

Ness because his aerials are really good and PK Flash plus PK Thunder 2 are ridiculously OP

My other mains are Villager, WFT, Marth, Lucina, and Shiek

I usually pick these four:

Lucina: She can counter and is very easy to use.

Bowser: He is a powerhouse here. Plus I loved Bows since Brawl (despite being low tier in SSBB)

Greninja: A bit difficult to use, but still fun none than less. Its counter move is very good.

Duck Hunt Duo: I love trollish characters. They are so ridiculous that I can't hate them. Also, its Final Smash makes me laugh every time.

Marth: Old Faithful since Melee

Greninja: Ninja frog, bitches

Zero Suit Samus: Samus Is Mai Waifu Rocket boots & plasma whip

Little Mac: KO Punch ev'ry day

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!