Forums / Media / Video Games

38,605 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

if Nintendo decides put N64 and GameCube in the virtual console what game you like to see in the store

Last posted Mar 04, 2015 at 10:14PM EST. Added Feb 27, 2015 at 07:18PM EST
25 posts from 23 users

gamecube
1. baten katios
2. baten katios origins
3. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
4. fire emblem path of radiance
5. star fox assault
6. super smash bros. melee

N64
1. sin and punshiment succesor of the earth
2. star fox 64
3. super smash bros
4. f zero x
5. pokemon stadium
6. the legend of zelda ocarina of time and majora mask

You mean there aren't N64 games on Virtual Console? I thought there were.

On topic, do they only put first party games on there? Because I'd love to see Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy on there. It was awesome, but since it was developed (or published, I forget) by Ubisoft and it was multiplatform, it's a real stretch.

If third party is no issue, I'd also love to see Lost Kingdoms 1 and 2, F-Zero X and GX, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (Little known fact: I have a soft spot for golf.), and Tales of Symphonia.

MIMU wrote:

On topic, do they only put first party games on there? Because I'd love to see Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy on there. It was awesome, but since it was developed (or published, I forget) by Ubisoft and it was multiplatform, it's a real stretch.

If third party is no issue, I'd also love to see Lost Kingdoms 1 and 2, F-Zero X and GX, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (Little known fact: I have a soft spot for golf.), and Tales of Symphonia.

if there a N64 i will playing right now sin and punshiment and they put third party titles as first party in the e-shop

Last edited Feb 27, 2015 at 11:43PM EST

Seriously, the cheapest PAL versions of this game are around 100€, so I get the feeling I'll never get to play an original version of this game.

Then on the other hand, what what are the chances Nintendo would put an M rated game on Virtual Console. Or have they already done that before?

Muumi wrote:

Seriously, the cheapest PAL versions of this game are around 100€, so I get the feeling I'll never get to play an original version of this game.

Then on the other hand, what what are the chances Nintendo would put an M rated game on Virtual Console. Or have they already done that before?

the problem is not nintendo don't put M rated game the problem is microsoft owns conker becuase that game was very requested in the wii era was no mostly for microsoft owning rare and the IP

MIMU wrote:

The Wii U's virtual console hasn't gotten N64 games yet, which is odd. It would be convenient to be able to use the Wii U's features while playing an N64 VC game like save states and being able to use the internet browser while in-game. My guess is that they may have to do some extra emulation for N64 games (as I'm sure the mostly-2D games of the NES, SNES, and GBA are easier to emulate with the added Wii U features) and haven't finalized what the emulation will be yet.

Anyway for me.

N64:
Donkey Kong 64 (main issue is the Jetpak minigame as Microsoft owns the IP now, so if they could somehow alter the code to change it with, say, DK Jr then they may be able to get it on there)

Body Harvest (from the makers of GTA, it's a cool open world-like sci-fi game)

Turok 1, 2, and 3 (Disney bought the IP after Akklaim went under, so they'd have to be the ones to talk to about this one)

Gamecube:
F-Zero GX (I actually never played this)

Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2 (surprised Capcom hasn't just done some HD Collection yet)

Eternal Darkness (still own it, but wouldn't mind re-buying)

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (also never played this)

That's all I've got for now.

Honestly pretty much all of Rare's games would nice to see. Conker, Perfect Dark,GoldenEye, Jet Force Gemini (Especially this), they were the only games I truly enjoyed from the N64.

Gamecube wise…I'd probably like to see F-Zero GX and maybe Gauntlet Dark Legacy.

Well, before I wanted to see the first two primes for GC, but since the trilogy's up I don't see it as very necessary. Same for Wind Waker since it has an HD version. So the rest of my list that's more plausible would probably be:

- F-Zero GX
- FE: Path of Radiance
- Luggy's Mansion
- Mayro Sunshine
- Paper Mario: TTYD

I've never played any of these and I want to deeply. Especially Paper Mario because I've heard it's one of the best games ever.

The only titles from Rare I could actually see being released from the N64 and Gamecube era would be Donkey Kong 64 and Star Fox Adventures as Nintendo fully owns all the characters in them. Diddy Kong racing would be one I would like, but supposedly Microsoft owns not just Banjo, Conker, and Tiptup, but all the other characters except Krunch, because he's a Kremling, and maybe the Diddy Kong Racing version of Tricky. But other than those games here's a few I would love to have.
N64 (Listing ones not already on the Wii Virtual Console)
- Donkey Kong 64
- Excitebike 64
- Mega Man 64/Legends
- Pilot Wings 64
- Rayman 2: The Great Escape
- Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer

GC
- 1080 Avalanche
- Battalion Wars
- Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (Playable, but not as fun without the bongo controller, or rerelease the New Play Control version)
- Cubivore: Survival of the Fittest
- Dohshin the Giant (Only released in Japan and Europe)
- Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
- Geist
- Pac-Man World 2
- Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
- Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
- Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
- Sonic Heroes
- Sonic Riders
Star Fox Adventures
- Star Fox: Assault
- Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2
- Wave Race: Blue Storm

I know I'm alone on this, but I really want to see Smash Bros. Melee and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance been re-released on eShop with Gamecube Controller Adapter support.
I also would really like if they could give them and, if they plan on re-releasing other GCs games, widescreen support, because I just don't like seeing the rest of the TV just covered in black and only a square with things happening, and I don't like when they stretch the screen either…

Someone will probably mention this, but I prefer Melee been just ported to eShop rather than been fully remade because I just don't see enough reasons for them to do that, not to mention that remake a game right after a new installment coming out doesn't make much sense.

N64:

Super Smash Bros.
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
F-Zero X
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
Goldeneye
Kirby and the Crystal Shards
Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Gamecube:

Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Luigi's Mansion
Starfox Assault
Starfox Adventure
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
F-Zero GX
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Kirby Air Ride

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!