Forums / Media / Video Games

38,604 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

Any good Steam games under $5?

Last posted Apr 07, 2015 at 05:59PM EDT. Added Mar 21, 2015 at 08:37PM EDT
12 posts from 10 users

If you want to spring that extra cent (maybe sell a trading card?) and like difficult platformers, I've heard decent things about Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. I haven't played it myself. (Humble Bundles!)

As Umbrella mentioned, 2K's catalog is all on sale now. This includes really good games like Bioshock 1 & 2, Sid Meier's Pirates, and Borderlands 2, all for under $5.

One Finger Death Punch is $4.99. It can basically be described as a kung-fu themed rhythm game. Don't let the developer, Silver Dollar Games, dissuade you. Despite their history, this is REALLY good if you like the "easy to learn, hard to master" approach. Highly addictive and personally recommended.

It's a free game, but Town of Salem is available on Steam for $5, which includes enough micropayment cred to get you just about any item in their store. (Which is all cosmetic, don't worry.) It's a game all about mind games and subtlety, so if that's your thing, give 'er a go. Give it a try first, before you support it on Steam.

If you're looking for something a little more casual, Bejeweled 3 is $4.99. My personal favorite of the series. I'd wager the rest of the games are on Steam as well and even cheaper. Peggle and Peggle Nights too, if you're a masochist. And Insaniquarium! My personal favorite Popcap game.

All the old Doom games are $5 a piece. You can't go wrong there. Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny as well, maybe Quake, but definitely Quake's expansions.

Jet Set Radiooooooooooo!!! Admittedly, I know little of it, but some people rave about this game. All I know is that it involves spray painting, pirate radio, and Tony Hawk-style tricks on roller blades.

Sonic CD. Comes with an option to play either the Japanese or US soundtracks. I prefer the Japanese soundtrack myself, but this is a much slower-paced, confusing Sonic game than most of the 2D fare.

DLC Quest is $2.99. More satire than actual game from what I've seen, but hey. The option's there.

Just look at all the games Steam has under $5. I'm sure you'll find at least something you'll like.

Super Amazing Wagon Adventure is a lot of fun- 2.99$
I assume you have some way of getting literally just one more cent so.
I suppose if you've never seen before I could recommend FNAF 4.99$
Cthulhu saves the world which I believe comes along with Breath of death VII, it's pretty fun and a ton of funny writing 2.99$
Overlord: if you're looking to be evil. 4.99$
One finger death punch if you're just looking for something REALLY simple. 4.99$
I suppose I could recommend Poker night 1/Poker night 2 if you've never seen the writing before and you want some TF2 items 4.99$
You can get Doom 1 Doom 2 or Ultimate doom, can't go wrong with any of those cause it's fucking doom- 4.99$
VVVVVV: it's a nice retro platformer 4.99$
The Desolate Hope: The protagonist is a coffee pot 4.99$
That's about all I got.

Last edited Mar 21, 2015 at 11:56PM EDT

Cthulhu Saves the World.
The Binding of Isaac.
Poker Night at the Inventory (if you play/like TF2)

And if you act now while they're on sale…

The first two BioShock games
Killing Floor
Max Payne 3
Borderlands 2

Last edited Mar 22, 2015 at 05:06AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!