Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,805 total conversations in 9,946 threads

+ New Thread

Your Absolute Perfect TV Show

Last posted Mar 13, 2012 at 01:22AM EDT. Added Mar 03, 2012 at 05:36PM EST
28 posts from 21 users

The idea is simple: Post the TV show made just for you.
That means either an already existing one OR one you made up!

Mine would be something named "Gentlemen & Jetpacks". It's a Steampunkish show about a secret club of Gentlemen who live in some barren post-apocalyptic future full of strange gears and machinery. They'd travel through time to fight the "Nardowells", an evil group of unintelligent people from all walks of life. The group of Gentlemen would most likely consist of people like Nicholas Tesla, The Wright Brothers, maybe even Albert Einstein. (Remember, they're time travelers, so pretty much anyone could be in here!)

It'd have the comedy style of, say, Futurama, but the art style of something like a drawn-out Muppets. (Mostly because that's what I draw, and what I draw is people with big, multicolored noses, dang it.) I haven't figured out what the music is like because all I ever listen to is Daft Punk and other crazy electronic crap and I don't think that fits.

It'd be so specific and stupid that absolutely no one would watch it but me.

If you have a pitch, post it. It will be glorious, just like mine. If you're not original enough to come up with something, just post your absolute favorite TV show. I don't mind.

Anything with non-sequitur or surreal humor. It's more funny when you don't expect it that way.
Also anything that can take a plotline, split it into 5 different parts, and then put all of them back together at the end of the show.
Like a good Seinfeld episode.

Or Adventure Time.

Last edited Mar 03, 2012 at 05:46PM EST

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

I remember that show…

MFW you posted that:

WHY DID YOU DO THAT!?

A) It's still on TV
B) They sell DVDs of this show.
C) Drew Carey's Improvaganza is sort of like a version of this with less games per show, but more comedians playing. And Drew isn't heavy anymore.

Last edited Mar 03, 2012 at 06:00PM EST

Something animated, but at the same time it's live action. It needs to be like a 60's superhero show, and also it needs ska music.

in the hoppip over the sea wrote:

Donald Glover + Joel McHale + Danny Pudi + Yvette Nicole Brown + Allison Brie + Chevy Case + Ken Jeong and they're all in community college!
Oh wait.
FUCKING NBC.
CANCELING COMMUNITY.
FUCKERS.

Community will be back on in April [source]

A realistic zombie apocalypse anime portraying the beginnings of it, when everything is falling apart, and post-apocalyptic when people are just beginning to rebuild but the zombies still have a large population.

The zombies should be essentially a primal version of humans that are physically superior, but mentally empty beyond "Bite people to spread the virus and don't die"

It doesn't get advertisement, yet people brag about how awesome it is on Twitter. Three weeks later it gets cancelled and no one remembers that it even existed.

The plot… GUESS IT SINCE I COULDN'T.

Burn Notice.

Also, a show like Playstation Network's The Tester, but not console exclusive, and featuring challenges of every type. From Top Shot-style obstacle courses with firearms and other ranged weapons, to Ninja Warrior-style straight up obstacle courses on strict time limits, to driving challenges featuring multiple vehicles on the course at one time. To win, you can't just be an expert freerunner, or a master wheelman, or a champion marksman. You must be all three, and more. And every episode will feature a single specific game as its theme, with both the main challenge of the week and a head to head elimination challenge that are both based on the same game.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!