Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Has anyone on KYM managed to achieve meme status?

Last posted Mar 03, 2020 at 07:20AM EST. Added Feb 27, 2020 at 05:14PM EST
9 posts from 9 users

I'm curious to know if any fellow KYMer has come any close to becoming a meme whether it was artwork, a song mix, a challenge, or an original meme edit the one involved in propulsing an online trend.

The closest thing I can remember is some fucking old cheeto "meme", but even then that was an injoke. KYM also dishonorably brought forward some animal hentai of a goat for some reason, and for an unbearably long time. KYM has it's own -tan, but moe personifications aren't super well-known to begin with.

Otherwise, there is no meme that KYM or its users has created that achieved any popular notoriety.

Last edited Feb 28, 2020 at 02:04AM EST

no singular user can be considered a meme, at best we have notable users. Particularly ones who have been a persistent thorn in one or more people's asses. Epyc and his years-long raid campaign against the site, Matt and his bad taste in memes and articles, Bill for being a contrarian, etc.

I swear the Dr. Neo Cortex "N" meme started on KYM when some specific user just happened to be posting images of Cortex where the letter on his head spelled out the n-word one letter at a time, and I wanna say for some reason I remember it being around April Fools Day 2019.

Not sure if infamy counts towards meme status, but user wise who became a meme is maybe either Epyc, that one mod that got banned or Pachirisu for their sheer stupidity and foolishness. Plus both of em got banned, went to ED and both had some “fun” experiences with ED’s user base.

Title makes it sound like you are talking about users themselves becoming memes, but the post seems to refer to users starting a meme not related to themselves.

For the former, the answer is a definitive "no" since even this site as a whole is largely irrelevant on the bigger scope of things, so the same is true for all users, including Staff members. For the latter, I always see "Ah, so cute", "Japanizing Beam" and "Goat-tan" as being very KYM-related and homebrewed despite not quite originating on KYM. None of those are super popular though, so it is less "meme status" and more the closest that we have gotten to that. Japanizing Beam, in particular, I remember being explicitly associated with KYM on another site's article that talked about the meme's rise and cited KYM as its main source of traction, and that one is arguably the most popular among the 3, so I guess there is that.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!