Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,877 total conversations in 4,540 threads

+ New Thread

New trollface: Problem?

Last posted Jan 03, 2011 at 05:49AM EST. Added Dec 09, 2010 at 04:15PM EST
59 posts from 30 users

Just for posterity:

This has been going around on 4chan for the past three days, along with a bit of a mass debate. In the words of Wayne Campbell: "It's a lot like "Star Trek: The Next Generation". In many ways it's superior but will never be as recognized as the original. "

Also, the game.

The new trollface appears to be derping. In reference to actual trolls, this may hold quite a bit of value, but as far ideal trolling is concerned, I don't think it has any value. The old (and true) trollface is better in my opinion.

Lol, stop hating on the new face. I doubt that it's going to get out of the forums anyways. Although, I do like the face and I DO consider it as a submeme of the Trollface.
Although.
The Trollface still merkles the Newfag-face.

Mattias wrote:

Lol, stop hating on the new face. I doubt that it's going to get out of the forums anyways. Although, I do like the face and I DO consider it as a submeme of the Trollface.
Although.
The Trollface still merkles the Newfag-face.

Agreed. As much as I dislike the new one, it's all over the internetz.

Old trollface is far better. it's a work of MS paint art. And it actually looks like the face of a troll, instead of someone who has no clue as to where the hell they are.

Last edited Dec 14, 2010 at 05:34PM EST

Well this could still become a meme, not newcoolface, but newfagface or something of the sorts, so maybe it could get the reputation it deserves.

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Well this could still become a meme, not newcoolface, but newfagface or something of the sorts, so maybe it could get the reputation it deserves.

I second that, newfagface would be a decent name for it.

I like the oldface better too. It seems to be starring at you right in the eye, denying any accusation that it has done anything wrong while sporting a grin that says "U MAD BRO?" The newface is just, well… yeah, its derping, it doesnt hold the same level of ridicule as the oldface.

Here is my idea… I make a Troll Science picture to put on www.trollscience.com…
In my comic I will write "Wanted to see your brother across the world but didn't have any money" Then I will show the NEW Trollface and pretend like it is the original troll's "brother". Then I will make up some story like "Just use magnets, toast, cats, generators etc,"

The whole point of my concept is to kind of use BOTH Trolls in my comic to get peopel used to the idea the New Troll is Old Troll's borhter…it would make more sense if you think about…

Pluse, maybe people will start copying me and making the new troll his "brother".
So yeah that's what I'll do.

Too Long Didn't Read Version: New Troll is Old Troll's brother!

What's with the new makings of troll faces?

Different types of trolls? Why not have the original trollface represent all trolls, the newer one be the arsonist trolls, and the newest one be the 4chan trolls.

Or something.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!