Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Are there any movies you've ever walked out on, and how much of it did you watch?

Last posted Mar 26, 2018 at 08:36AM EDT. Added Mar 22, 2018 at 03:10PM EDT
11 posts from 11 users

The thread's title explains itself.

For me, that movie is 2003's Anger Management.

I watched this with my family quite some time ago, so I don't remember the specific words of we used to describe the unfunny, boring, and overall lame trainwreck that was the first twenty minutes, but I remember it being so bad that we threw the DVD in the garbage once we realized the movie wasn't going to get any better. Typically, I like giving movies a chance to redeem themselves, but knowing how bad Adam Sandler's track-record is with quality entertaining I think we made the right choice in not continuing it.

Were there any movies you couldn't finish, KYM?

2012's Cosmopolis.

So me and my bandmates used to rehearse every Saturday and Sunday, and then go to movies (gooood times). Obviously, you run out of interesting movies to watch very quickly when you're going to the cinema up to 8 times a month, so we'd end up watching obviously bad movies, chick flicks, and stupid American comedies. Yeah we watched a lot of bad stuff, but it was still fun. And at least there weren't as many stupid fucking superhero movies.

For some reason (and I don't remember what it was exactly), Cosmopolis was just so bad, and so not fun that we unanimously decided to leave it after like 30 minutes.

Last edited Mar 22, 2018 at 04:01PM EDT

Transformers 3. My family used to watch a film every Saturday, and I got fed up with this one and left them to finish it without me. I then swore to never watch a Michael Bay movie ever again. If everything I hear about it and it's sequels is true, then it was the right choice.

I was also tempted to walk out of Batman V Superman, but I had brought my younger cousins to see it and I couldn't exactly leave them there or make them leave (although one of them shared my thoughts on the quality of the film). I also swore never to go see any film that Zack Snyder had anything to do with ever again, with the sole exception of Wonder Woman since I heard it was amazing and I wanted to see WW's first solo movie (it was decent).

Revenge of the Sith. I didn't want to see it because I knew it was going to get too dark for me even though I was 13, but I was dragged into seeing it with the rest of my family. I was doing fine, but at the moment Mace Windu died, I couldn't take it anymore; it had got too intense for me.

There was one other case that my family left, but it was for a different reason than the movie itself. We saw Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy at the drive-in as the second of a double feature, but since we were watching it from the tailgate of a Chevy Blazer, we were susceptible to the outside temperature which got down to the 50s. We decided that it got too cold and left. We did later watch the whole movie on DVD and enjoyed it fully though.

Snakes on a Plane: About halfway in, I realized that intentionally bad is still bad and left. I learned a valuable less about following internet hype that evening.

Hot Rod: I left within twenty minutes and remember virtually nothing about it.

Strange Magic: I knew George Lucas was involved, so I really should have known it would be terrible, but the promotional art looked pretty good and I had some time to kill, so I gave it a shot. Almost immediately I recognized that I had made a mistake as most of the story was told through terrible musical numbers featuring fairies singing hits from sixties and seventies. I left during the Sugar Pie Honey Bunch sequence.

Also, I fell asleep during Madagascar, but stayed until the end.

Brüno
Me and a friend went after hearing it had the same director as Borat.
One uncircumcised meatspin montage later, we were at the Arcade.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!