Forums / Media / Video Games

38,692 total conversations in 2,707 threads

+ New Thread

Remasters, Remakes, and HD Collections

Last posted Jan 07, 2019 at 10:40AM EST. Added Dec 31, 2018 at 05:19PM EST
16 posts from 15 users

Talk about the one's you've played, the one's you want to play, and the one's you feel have to be made. I really appreciate games like this, because it gives me the chance to play games i may have missed out on on current gen consoles.

I've played/Own a lot actually:

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition
Batman Return to Arkham
Crash Bandicot N Sane Triology
Cod 4 Remaster
Darksiders 1 and 2 Remasters
God of War 3 Remaster
Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8
Metro 2033/Last Light Redux
Ratchet and Clank Remake
Shadow of the Colossus Remake
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
Uncharted the Nathan Drake Collection

Id love to play to the RE2 remake they're coming out with and i plan on pre-ordering FF7 remake when its finally available.

TripleA9000 wrote:

Talk about the one's you've played, the one's you want to play, and the one's you feel have to be made. I really appreciate games like this, because it gives me the chance to play games i may have missed out on on current gen consoles.

I've played/Own a lot actually:

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition
Batman Return to Arkham
Crash Bandicot N Sane Triology
Cod 4 Remaster
Darksiders 1 and 2 Remasters
God of War 3 Remaster
Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8
Metro 2033/Last Light Redux
Ratchet and Clank Remake
Shadow of the Colossus Remake
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
Uncharted the Nathan Drake Collection

Id love to play to the RE2 remake they're coming out with and i plan on pre-ordering FF7 remake when its finally available.

I forgot to add. I think we need a HD console port of Crisis Core. An HD collection for the Darkness series would be nice. Oh and a socom and shinobi (ps2) remake would be fantastic.

With how much Nintendo is remastering their better Wii U games for the Switch, I'm a little surprised they haven't yet announced a "Zelda Gamecube HD Collection" yet that includes the HD versions of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess the Wii U got. They might need to change up some things given the lack of a second screen, but one thing they could also add is put in an option to use motion and pointer controls so TP HD feels like playing the Wii version.

I've seen a lot of people mention that they'd like a remake of Paper Mario TTYD, but I honestly feel like the original Paper Mario would benefit much more from being remade. It's artstyle is noticeably different from the rest of the series', it lacks endless play mode, and a couple of things could be changed, such as Tubba Blubba's castle having only one enemy type and the copious amounts of backtracking present in chapter 6. They could also give each of Mario's partners a sidequest so that they can be more fleshed out, since they aren't as integral to the storyline as TTYD's partners are.

I wish Dark Cloud 2 got a remaster/PC version

Keeping an eye on WC3: Reforged, but blizz isn't exactly known for quality these days, so we'll see how that goes. Not going to be a on-release purchase(not that I do it anyways) and definitely not going to be a preorder

Would love to have Driver series remastered, especially Driver 3. Absolutely loved playing that game. Great soundtrack and fun to drive around Miami and other places. F.E.A.R and Dead Space series would also be nice to get remastered but i can only dream for now.

One of the best remakes ever made to me is Black Mesa it did everything right and I'm excited for what they're going to do with Xen seeing as that level was the big flaw in the original Half-Life.
I feel that No One Lives Forever 1 & 2 are really due for a remake or atleast a rerelease Nightdive Studios wanted to do it but the copyright on those games is to say the least complicated and that's why it hasn't happened, but hey that doesn't mean it will be forever like that right?

Strictly speaking about HD collections, I own 5: Devil May Cry, Jak & Daxter, Metal Gear Solid, Prince of Persia and Uncharted. I haven't played the last one, but I've had an excellent time with the rest.

Now then, a collection of all Legacy of Kain games would be great.

I've played pretty much every Zelda remake, except for Twillight Princess HD. Plus Super Mario All Stars, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition, Resident Evil 4 HD, Dark Souls Remastered, and probably some more that I'm just not thinking of at the moment.

I'm looking forward to the new port of Onimusha: Warlords because I'm hoping they'll take out the tank controls, or at least make them only optional like in Resident Evil 1 HD.

Fallout 1 and 2 are long overdue for a overhaul. The games have great characters and story but the gameplay is severely outdated. Plus it has a very clunky UI.

The head of Sonic Team recently stated in an interview that he'd like to remaster the first Sonic Adventure game. I'd be all for it, but as much as I love that game it is in need of some serious overhauls.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!