Forums / Media / Video Games

38,626 total conversations in 2,701 threads

+ New Thread

Goldeneye fans spends 3 years remaking Goldeneye levels in Far Cry 5's level editor, gets a copyright claim from MGM

Last posted Jul 11, 2021 at 03:41PM EDT. Added Jun 25, 2021 at 05:56PM EDT
4 posts from 3 users

Source

Rather odd MGM would take issue with these fan re-creations because in unedited gameplay (I specify this because if you watch the videos by YouTuber Graslu00 the music and voices in those gameplay videos were edited by Graslu themselves) the levels are using absolutely no assets from Goldeneye, it's all assets that Ubisoft created (as far as I can tell there is no asset importing in Far Cry 5's level editor, it uses content only from Ubisoft games).

Now I should note that the maker behind the maps is re-editing them to remove any mentions of characters and such relating to Goldeneye in order to get around MGM's claims, namely they're renaming the maps to "Golden Cry" and use slightly altered character names, so soon enough the maps should be fully back on Ubisoft's "Far Cry Arcade" service for FC5.

It both surprises me, and yet at the same time doesn't, that people are still making maps in Far Cry 5.

Me and my cousin we're playing it a few weeks ago and we we're generally surprised when we had maps made in 2021 coming up in the roster.

But when I sit and think about it, the Far Cry map editor is the closest we've got in the Modern Era to the Time Splitters map editor

I really hope Far Cry 6's Map Editor is just as good, if not better.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!