Forums / Media / Video Games

38,622 total conversations in 2,701 threads

+ New Thread

Finally got around to playing Undertale, here's my thoughts

Last posted Nov 08, 2021 at 11:49PM EST. Added Nov 08, 2021 at 11:49PM EST
1 post from 1 user

A while ago (I believe around when Smash Ultimate got the Sans costume), I bought Undertale on Switch. I finally started playing it, and have been for the last couple weeks. Here's my overall thoughts…

*Before playing, my only knowledge of this game's story was its multiple routes (though not anything specific, just that they existed), and the fact that Sans is the final boss of the Genocide Route. Managed to remain mostly unspoiled, so lots of things surprised me in a good way.

*First playthrough, I went for the True Pacifist route, complete with the Asgore and Absolutely Horrifying Satanic Abomination Flowey Photoshop Flowey… only for Flowey to remind me that I forgot to befriend Undyne (which I expected to happen eventually, but I didn't realize I had to backtrack to her house in Waterfall for it). So I reloaded to my last savepoint, went and befriended Undyne, went to the bathroom in Alphys' lab, then finally got the True Pacifist ending.

*Second playthrough was the same, except this time I tried finding as many of the funny bits and easter eggs I could find. Also, I called Papyrus on the phone everywhere I could, since I never used the phone in my first playthrough. Now I'm on my third, and I plan on befriending Undyne as soon as I can just so I can have her in the calls too.

*Speaking of Undyne and Asgore, I'm ashamed to say that it took me awhile to realize I couldn't just spam the spare command for their boss fights (or that I had to actually fight Asgore). The latter, I actually tried everything I could besides fighting (talking, just sitting and doing nothing, and attacking and always missing), not realizing that the game told me that actually fighting was the only option.

*The only songs from the soundtrack I was familiar with before playing were Bonetrousle and Megalovania. After having heard this game's amazing soundtrack, I can confidently say that Death by Glamour is my favorite track.

*Speaking of which, favorite boss fight: Mettaton EX. The combination of awesome music, shmup mechanics in the attacks, boosting the ratings, and Mettaton being a JoJo character for most of the fight just really does it for me.

• Favorite character: Undyne. She acts like a Getter Robo character who got stuck in the wrong series… not just in her boss fight, but for everything she does, to the point that I half-expected this track to eventually start playing whenever she was on-screen, and I love her for it. Also, her romance with Alphys is the most adorable thing ever.

Overall, I rate it tem gay fish warriors out of tem. Can't wait to befriend Undyne again in Deltarune.

Last edited Nov 08, 2021 at 11:55PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!