Forums / Media / Video Games

38,623 total conversations in 2,701 threads

+ New Thread

Other than Smash Bros, what are some of your favorite video game crossovers?

Last posted Mar 12, 2024 at 12:39PM EDT. Added Jan 18, 2024 at 08:15AM EST
18 posts from 15 users

What inspired the topic this time are two things. First is one that was a very pleasant surprise is Ziggurat, the company that owns the rights to the Slave Zero IP, recently worked with a Quake modding group to create an officially sanctioned Quake Remastered mod based in the Slave Zero universe that also helps act as promotion for Slave Zero X (a 2D prequel to the 3D third person shooter from 1999), and the second is dataminers have discovered evidence a crossover with Warhammer 40K is likely coming to Call of Duty Warzone and MW3 soon as load screens depicting Dark Angels and Adeptas Sororitas were discovered in the game files.

One that I personally really liked just because of how amusingly goofy it was is there was a period of time Metal Gear Solid and Ape Escape did crossovers in the third games in both series. MGS3 Subsistence had a game mode involving Snake needing to capture apes, and Ape Escape 3 had a game mode involving an ape dressed like Solid Snake needing to infiltrate an area.

I recently finished Death Stranding and it has a quite a bit of crossover material from other franchises, but mostly minor cosmetics so I wouldn't count it.

To that end I would say Payday 2 which has a abundant amount of crossover materials from other games (Hotline Miami, Left 4 Dead, Goat Sim) to even films (John Wick, Hardocre Henry, Scarface, Reservoir Dogs). A few of them were gimmicky adverts, but more were quality content packs that contained some of the best heists in the game. The Hotline Miami and Point Break heists were stellar imo.

Mario party 1-8. Most of the mario characters really only crossover in spinoff Mario title games though so if that's not really a true crossover series then I'd say Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited Jan 19, 2024 at 02:40AM EST

Mortal Kombat…the most random characters appeared in there for no reason and I love it.

Well I can only see it through youtube videos as netherrealm Mortal Kombat is pathetic on the switch, I have the first three games though they are cool (no guest fighters there though but still)

No!! wrote:

Wasnt a videogame but Idolmaster crossing over with hololive, another vtuber company and love live was THE most ambitious crossover I have ever seen

It put infinity war to shame

Oh I've got a video game example involving Hololive: Little Witch Nobeta.

Polka, Fubuki, and Noel lent their voices to the game as three of the bosses, and each version of the game had a special edition release in Japan (which could also be imported via Play-Asia) involving a different Holo member on the box. Polka for the Switch version, Fubuki for PS4, and Noel for PC.

SNK's very own The King of Fighters. Let me make something clear, I'm in no way good at fighting games, I'm not competitive either, I just push buttons and do the most basic combos to go through. However, the aura surrounding in and out the series is magical, and that is something priceless. Characters, lore, music, backgrounds… the whole package is there to enjoy.
I started with KOF 2000, right during the climax of the NESTS saga, and both it and 2001 happens to be my favorite of the series.

Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed PC port. Besides the usual Sega characters, there are DLC packs you can play as a Team Fortress 2 racer (Pyro, Heavy and Spy for land, water, and air mode), Wreck-It Ralph, and the most infamous, Danica Patrick, a failed Nacar racer for some reasons.

Last edited Jan 30, 2024 at 05:07AM EST

Yangy wrote:

It's a really old and small crossover flash game, but Super Mario Crossover has always been my favorite crossover.

Oooooh shit, that's my favorite childhood jam! I do like how many different platformer characters take on the Mario Bros. game with their home and unique mechanics.

Related to this, Mushroom Kingdom Fusion is also my favorite platformer crossover. Takes the above concept and expands it to a grand scale. Played it many times back when I was young. It's stuck in development hell though, went through many cancellations and revivals.

Yangy wrote:

It's a really old and small crossover flash game, but Super Mario Crossover has always been my favorite crossover.

Holy cow, I loved it. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one enjoyed the game.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!