Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

What are your opinions on Youtube Intros/outros/effects in general?

Last posted Mar 22, 2017 at 07:08AM EDT. Added Feb 21, 2017 at 04:05AM EST
17 posts from 17 users

Do you enjoy them or do you think that videos were better when video editing software was limited to professional companies or the rich? Is there a right way of doing intros? Do you think they are too long?

These are the questions I want to ask. Along with opinions on outros, Frames and generally any Video effect you'd find on Youtube or other video sites.

if the intro isnt long enough to remind me im sitting alone in my house watching youtube videos i dont mind

outros i dont mind as much because ill probably have clicked away before it plays. one youtuber i watch sometimes puts secrets at the end of his outros and i think that's kinda cool

As long as the video is their own content and the intro is short enough and well made enough to justify it's inclusion, it's fine. The Zaibatsu seem to have the best intros, done by actual animators (they have an army of them somehow) that are actually entertaining to watch themselves. But get this techno music blasting words on a green electric background shit off my anime fight scenes. I came here to see Luffy vs. Lucci, not your first year animation class D-grade bullshit.

Intros are ok if they're for their own original series, like AVGN or Jontron.

For music though it's extremely irritating (I know the channel ENM got some flak for putting in short intros to their songs). The only thing you're there for is the music and often the uploader isn't affiliated in any way with the musician anyways so putting in an intro is unnecessary.

Outros don't bother me that much since I can just click away to a different video. Again though, on music it really bothers me.

Intros suck dick to me. I guess short ones for a few seconds that are more or less just short logos are fine, ones that are for their own series/creation like how yummines mentioned are good to, but if it's like the fucking countdown community where a lot of intros are just multiple minutes long with awful [usually anime or vidya game] related music and generic action scenes [also usually anime or vidya related] in a retarded attempt to be 'badass', I just won't watch. I'd rather stare at grass for 5 hours or eat a barrel of vomit than watch them. thankfully most countdown creators don't do it really anymore.

I'm fine with short intros, but overall I'd prefer not to have them. I mean, if it doesn't already contain horrible and loud dubstep, it's probably either too long, or just serves no purpose in general.

As for outros, I think they're completely unnecessary. First of all, the content is already over, so most people probably won't stick around, and secondly, from what I've observed, it only serves as a way to link to other videos, and that's what the suggested videos on the right are for.

Tl;dr Intros I don't mind that much, but outros I don't think people need them.

I like CaptainSparklez take on intros: very short and get right into the video's content. There's no reason to drag things on for thirty seconds--I can glance down at the title to see what and who I'm watching.

Outro's I'm rather indifferent to, since I almost always click off the video the second they start.

If the video exceeds 15 minutes alone without the use of a 20 second intro/outro, go right ahead. It's barely noticeable to the other 900+ seconds I've prepared to waste. On the contrary, if they're aren't obnoxious and last <5 seconds, I don't mind either.

I'd say the one effect that I wish people stopped is inserting a single frame with text or an image randomly in the video. Due to my curiosity, I spend a minute trying to accurately pause it so I can read/see what it is. What's worse is they're either nothing too interesting, a shitty joke/explanation or something I wish I didn't see.

Intros: I have no problem with short intros that shows something interesting, but I don't like long intros (like 20 seconds) of showing nothing interesting, or those lazy intros with the loud dubstep music and the neon letters jumping around.

Outros: I usually close the video the very first second the outro appears, because almost all of them are nothing more that "that was the video for today, I hope you enjoyed it, if so please give it a like and a share, watch more of videos…" blah blah blah. Stop telling me what to do and put some effort to make better outros, like those that gives credits and shows sources.

Effects: If they are important for the video and are not overly or badly used, I have no problem.

Pretty much what most people have said about Intros: short, not bombastic or loud, and should be relevant to the video.
Outros, on the other hand, I usually end up skipping if it's the person just saying "LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE THANK YOU FOR WATCHING CLICK AND SEE MY OTHER VIDEOS" etc etc. It feels like they're talking down to you or begging.
But if it's like, say, Jesse Cox who usually just has a little animation and song playing (UFO COMMANDER WE ARE THE FUTURE) with social media links and and links to other videos already up, I don't mind them. Weirdly enough, it feels "professional," if that makes sense. I don't know, they are at least not annoying like the former.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!