This submission is currently being researched & evaluated!
You can help confirm this entry by contributing facts, media, and other evidence of notability and mutation.
Work in Progress. That's what separates Submissions from Confirmed.
Arjen Robben, a Dutch winger for the Netherlands team in the 2010 World Cup, was stamped by Brazil's Felipe Melo. The following collapse produced a still image of Robben appearing to be curled up into a ball that quickly became exploitable.
- The day of the match, a number of photoshopped images appeared on Funnyjunk.com.
- On July 2nd the Robbenball Encyclopedia Dramatica page is created.
- On July 6th, sports blog thespolier.co.uk posted a collection of photoshopped images of Robben, the creation of which was attributed only to "the interwebz."
- July 7th: Many of the same images appeared on worldcupblog.org. Later that day, new images appeared on Deadspin, reportedly sent in by Deadspin readers.
- On July 8th, whoateallthepies.tv posted some of the same images as those that appeared on thespoiler, with a few new ones. Neither site mentions where the images were found.
- What seems to be the same set of 10 images also appeared on the Italian corrierdellosport blog.
To browse other memes based on replay footage of various football matches, check out the following entries:
There are no videos currently available.