195,881 total conversations in 5,393 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9,954 conversations with 194 participants

Brohoof. Place hoof here, Chrysalis.

May 14, 2012 at 07:45PM EDT

Hey, we also have Commander Shepard. Don’t forget about him.

May 14, 2012 at 07:46PM EDT

What Cadance does in her spare time:

She has the mind of a brony, she does….

May 14, 2012 at 08:41PM EDT

You all are very special to Pinkie and thanks you for welcoming me.

I should think of something to thank you all for welcoming me.
Turning you all into food, which I will consume. So I can have a little of something of each of you inside me. Yes!

May 14, 2012 at 08:43PM EDT

Since we’re not discussing anything right now, I propose a new topic. If you could go to Equestria for one day, what would you do in that one day you were there? If you could, could you please provide details?

Last edited May 14, 2012 at 09:12PM EDT
May 14, 2012 at 09:06PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Since we’re not discussing anything right now, I propose a new topic. If you could go to Equestria for one day, what would you do in that one day you were there? If you could, could you please provide details?

hmmm… despite having a small military outpost there already…

…Well Celestia’s gotta join the Empire now.

Last edited May 14, 2012 at 09:16PM EDT
May 14, 2012 at 09:11PM EDT

@Zarathh:

I would employ Twilight’s, Celestia’s, and Luna’s aid in scouring every bit of magic to see if there was a way to get me to stay there for all time.

Were that not possible, I would probably have one bomb-ass adventure.

@Gregory Horse:

I can’t believe they forgot when he got upset with Applejack in ‘Applebuck Season’ after she failed to help him train the new guards.

The nerve of those 4channers.

@Ric:

@Burning:

So…

Does that mean nobody’s picked Fluttershy? :3

May 14, 2012 at 09:55PM EDT

This looks like the artwork from the Lil Miss Rarity tumblr. I am intrigued by that… Whatever it is. I shall need to investigate into this further, but that means *gulp* having to go back into that tumblr. I shall be back soon my fellow comrades of friendship. Wish me luck that I do not gouge my eyes out, or have a heart attack from what awaits me in the tumblr. I shall be back soon… I hope.

Last edited May 14, 2012 at 10:14PM EDT
May 14, 2012 at 10:14PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Details you ask? just know that it would be glorious and twilight would be my favorite. She’s so HAWT!

May 14, 2012 at 10:18PM EDT

@Zarathh
Is that Cpt.Squiggles delivering the milk again?
I honestly thought he was Verbose..until Pinkie noticed he does not talk at all. So I grabbed a gun and tried to shot him but then he disappeared…This is the fifth time this week too.

But let Pinkie give you some more gifts before she is off once more!:

That is a close up in my blood stream.

Now you all will cower in fear of Pinkie and her Pink army!!!

[Insanity getting close to critical levels!]

Last edited May 14, 2012 at 10:23PM EDT
May 14, 2012 at 10:21PM EDT

So, what do you think the deal with the cider from ‘The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000’ is?

I mean, is it alcoholic, or what?

There is evidence supporting it, and evidence against it. For one, the above picture is right, in that it did foam, and that entails alcohol. However, wouldn’t it need to ferment in order for the alcohol to kick in? And Flim and Flam sold their cider immediately after it was made.

What’s your opinion on it, then? This is mostly a discussion for shits and giggles because, holy shit, alcohol.

May 14, 2012 at 10:22PM EDT

Zarath wrote:

Grab my trusty nugget:

And then head to the Everfree forest and shoot these things for fun:

May 14, 2012 at 10:32PM EDT

@Explosive Lasers:

No, but my serious opinion is that all ponies are composed of a super marshmallow type substance that absorbs anything that can cause something to go wrong with their bodies. Example: Pinkie Pie is able to eat tons of sweets and carbs yet she still hasn’t encountered any diabetic problems. But back on topic with the Cider. If the Cider is alcoholic, said super marshmallow substance that they are made out of can absorb the alcohol and turn it into energy for their bodies. But the catch is, is that if anything is to happen to their external bodies (ie; broken bones, cuts, scrapes, and anything else of that nature) the super marshmallow substance can’t absorb it because it’s not powerful enough to withstand it.
I have no idea what I just said in that paragraph. I just pulled it off the top of my head.

TL;DR: I ain’t gotta explain it. It’s magic.

May 14, 2012 at 10:36PM EDT

@Explosive Lasers

That is how they ferment the beer. Also beer foam is based off these five factors – gas, alcohol, proteins, and bitter compounds. The first thing you need is the combination of special proteins and dissolved gas – in beer, the gas is usually carbon dioxide, although it occasionally can be nitrogen. you also need a protein called albumins which form complex bonds with the bitter-hop compounds used to make beer, which makes it easy for bubbles to stick around. The level of alcohol also matters. Foam won’t stick around if it’s too high or to low. 5% is the optimal alcohol level. Beer is a science and Pinkie Pie is its leading scientist.

May 14, 2012 at 10:43PM EDT

@Explosive Lasers
Hmmmm… I don’t know. I think the entire cider thing is alluding to alcoholic beverages somewhat.
Hmmm… I guess I could try… (receives cider)
(several hours later)

“And that’s.. (hic)… when I…”

But seriously, cider is probably alluding to alcohol. After all, they do treat it as such throughout the episode (clanging steins of it together is one example). Therefore, its use references alcohol. Whether or not it shares its side-effects (as the fandom has tried to show), I don’t know.

Last edited May 14, 2012 at 10:58PM EDT
May 14, 2012 at 10:43PM EDT

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

@Explosive Lasers

That is how they ferment the beer. Also beer foam is based off these five factors – gas, alcohol, proteins, and bitter compounds. The first thing you need is the combination of special proteins and dissolved gas – in beer, the gas is usually carbon dioxide, although it occasionally can be nitrogen. you also need a protein called albumins which form complex bonds with the bitter-hop compounds used to make beer, which makes it easy for bubbles to stick around. The level of alcohol also matters. Foam won’t stick around if it’s too high or to low. 5% is the optimal alcohol level. Beer is a science and Pinkie Pie is its leading scientist.

“5% is the optimal alcohol level”
Uummm……….WRONG!

Pinkie likes that shit burning on the way down!

May 14, 2012 at 10:49PM EDT

Dac wrote:

“5% is the optimal alcohol level”
Uummm……….WRONG!

Pinkie likes that shit burning on the way down!

Fine make it %100 alcohol, that will be the best 20 minutes you will ever see.

May 14, 2012 at 11:03PM EDT

Added a bit more to my story. Comments are appreciated.

I do like the thought of cider being alcoholic, even just for irony’s sake.

As for what I’d do with a pony if I was in Equestria…

Hugs, of course.

May 15, 2012 at 12:28AM EDT

Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations show mentioned My Little Pony and actually referenced cupackes when he was eating a horse:

Also, on his twitter:

“Now I’m getting shit from the Bronies”

https://twitter.com/#!/NoReservations/status/202212407945330689

May 15, 2012 at 12:34AM EDT

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Meanwhile on /mlp/…

The lulz prevail

I just dropped a link to this on Sibsy’s DeviantART page. Let’s see what happens.

May 15, 2012 at 12:43AM EDT

Platus wrote:

I just dropped a link to this on Sibsy’s DeviantART page. Let’s see what happens.

HAS SHE NOT SUFFERED ENOUGH?

In reality, I kid. I’m interested in her reaction.

May 15, 2012 at 01:00AM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

HAS SHE NOT SUFFERED ENOUGH?

In reality, I kid. I’m interested in her reaction.

May 15, 2012 at 01:17AM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

OOH awesome question!
I would most definitely rave with vinyl scratch, we would talk music.

Then things get intimate, that’s right fluttershy . You know damn well I’ve thought this through. (I’m a pony in this scenario so it’s okay. I’m not a furry, and I am not sexually attracted to a horse. BUT I AM THINKING AS A PONY)

I brush my mane until i’m the sexiest colt in ponyville, then my plan goes into action. I find a little bunny, I don’t know were, but thats not important.

I go by the lovely, beautiful, sweet, adorable fluttershy’s house and let my bunny go. I walk around asking about my lost pet, until I coincidentally meet fluttershy. She is intimidated by my suave personality and strong build.

I say, “Man, I swear, it’s like no pony appreciates our animal friends these days…”
she responds, “I know!!! I thought I was the only one!”

While we our looking for my bunny, we start having a wonderful conversation about being animal caretakers. Eventually we find my bunny who I have so aptly named “RandomMan.” RandomMan and Angel hit it right off, they run into the house to socialize.

I say, “look at those bunnys, reminds me of my friends back in los Pegesaus.”

Fluttershy is immediately interested. this shy and quiet pony she tends to be has been succumbed due to fascination. I tell her about how I used to be a big shot, until my friend gilda ripped me off. Since then I’ve been enjoying the simple times in life. When I was lost on my road I stopped into a old donut shop in canterlot. There, wondering, I met donut joe, he encouraged me to keep my chin up. Kinda like random man and angel right now.

Fluttershy is blown away by my sob by life story. Her instinct to care kicks in. She has a hint of pity, but she mostly feels her deeper connection with this mysterious new pony. She is happy that he has a more open heart then most of equestria. She feels comfortable with him, she trust him.

“Well you’ll do good here in ponyville! My friends are pretty great.”

I put on a lovely smile, asking her to tell me more.

She continues to tell me more, the several adventures she’s had. There is a message being delivered beneath her stories though. I’m returning the same message with the looks I give her. As time passes, we begin to know each other deeply. Tension is building on top of it’s self, like jenga building we can’t stand to knock over. The spiritual connection is obvious, we’ve been drawing each other closer the entire talk, we want to have a physical connection, a expression of the love we feel. I can tell that while I talk her mind is somewhere else with mine. She, eyeing my lips, dreaming.

We’ve now scooted so close our legs our touching, her’s are warm and smooth, love swoops over me like a sudden rain storm of beauty and content. She giggles, turns red. She was telling me about a interesting pony named Trixie she had met.

A moment of silence, our faces near, our eyes lock. I can almost feel her breath.

All of the sudden, she looks at the clock.

“Oh no! I’ve completely forgot, Rarity, Derpy, and I were going to watch rainbow dash’s show with the wonderbolts today! Rainbow has been looking forward to this forever. I can’t miss it for the world.” Fluttershy says.

As she scurries to leave, I feel shock as my heart drops, I’ve never felt this way with anyone ever. I already knew she was the one.

She steps towards the door. Love becomes the captain on my next moves. I grab her by the shoulders and look her in the eyes. "But Fluttershy! You don’t understand I love you! you must stay. Today isn’t about some silly show, this is more! This-

She cuts me off. All the sudden I realize my efforts have all gone to waste.
until.

“This is about us.” Fluttershy mutters as she closes the door with her foot and jumps on to me. The damn of tension burst, we spend the next hours of the day committing to the beauty of passion. She told me I was perfect for her, I told her the same. That’s all it ever was, love in it’s purest most buetiful form. Not a stain of worry or hate from the outside world could ever ruin it. Fluttershy and I were one, surrounded by our peace, she smiled and looked at me with those shiny eyes, our bodies warming each other. This was love.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 01:20AM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 01:18AM EDT

Trash Boat wrote:

Then things get intimate, that’s right fluttershy . You know damn well I’ve thought this through. (I’m a pony in this scenario so it’s okay. I’m not a furry, and I am not sexually attracted to a horse. BUT I AM THINKING AS A PONY)

May 15, 2012 at 01:42AM EDT

Trash Boat is (spoiler) W.W. wrote:

OOH awesome question!

I brush my mane until i’m the sexiest colt in ponyville, then my plan goes into action. I find a little bunny, I don’t know were, but thats not important.

I go by the lovely, beautiful, sweet, adorable fluttershy’s house and let my bunny go. I walk around asking about my lost pet, until I coincidentally meet fluttershy. She is intimidated by my suave personality and strong build.

I say, “Man, I swear, it’s like no pony appreciates our animal friends these days…”

While we our looking for my bunny, we start having a wonderful conversation about being animal caretakers. Eventually we find my bunny who I have so aptly named “RandomMan.” RandomMan and Angel hit it right off, they run into the house to socialize.

Fluttershy is immediately interested. this shy and quiet pony she tends to be has been succumbed due to fascination. I tell her about how I used to be a big shot, until my friend gilda ripped me off. Since then I’ve been enjoying the simple times in life. When I was lost on my road I stopped into a old donut shop in canterlot. There, wondering, I met donut joe, he encouraged me to keep my chin up. Kinda like random man and angel right now.

Fluttershy is blown away by my sob by life story. Her instinct to care kicks in. She has a hint of pity, but she mostly feels her deeper connection with this mysterious new pony. She is happy that he has a more open heart then most of equestria. She feels comfortable with him, she trust him.

She continues to tell me more, the several adventures she’s had. There is a message being delivered beneath her stories though. I’m returning the same message with the looks I give her. As time passes, we begin to know each other deeply. Tension is building on top of it’s self, like jenga building we can’t stand to knock over. The spiritual connection is obvious, we’ve been drawing each other closer the entire talk, we want to have a physical connection, a expression of the love we feel. I can tell that while I talk her mind is somewhere else with mine. She, eyeing my lips, dreaming.

We’ve now scooted so close our legs our touching, her’s are warm and smooth, love swoops over me like a sudden rain storm of beauty and content. She giggles, turns red. She was telling me about a interesting pony named Trixie she had met.

A moment of silence, our faces near, our eyes lock. I can almost feel her breath.

“Oh no! I’ve completely forgot, Rarity, Derpy, and I were going to watch rainbow dash’s show with the wonderbolts today! Rainbow has been looking forward to this forever. I can’t miss it for the world.” Fluttershy says.

As she scurries to leave, I feel shock as my heart drops, I’ve never felt this way with anyone ever. I already knew she was the one.

She steps towards the door. Love becomes the captain on my next moves. I grab her by the shoulders and look her in the eyes. "But Fluttershy! You don’t understand I love you! you must stay. Today isn’t about some silly show, this is more! This-

until.

“This is about us.” Fluttershy mutters as she closes the door with her foot and jumps on to me. The damn of tension burst, we spend the next hours of the day committing to the beauty of passion. She told me I was perfect for her, I told her the same. That’s all it ever was, love in it’s purest most buetiful form. Not a stain of worry or hate from the outside world could ever ruin it. Fluttershy and I were one, surrounded by our peace, she smiled and looked at me with those shiny eyes, our bodies warming each other. This was love.

May 15, 2012 at 02:02AM EDT

You beat me to it, burning. However, I wouldn’t actually point it out.

Related:

It works both ways!

Like Rainb

Um, if I had one day in Equestria, I’d certainly try to make my way over to Ponyville. I’m not giving it much thought at the moment, but I think I’d try to find Applejack and Twilight Sparkle. Applejack, because I think she’d help me get my bearings straight since she’s Applejack and is pretty well balanced in terms of intelligence, social skills, and experience (e.g., farming, baking, helping in general.) If she believed me, then I think she’d take some time to help me figure out where I should go. If I’m fortunate, she’d be my guide around Ponyville (and not Pinkie. Her kind of personality is indescribably fun to watch, but it would wear on my nerves in reality.)

Hopefully, I’d also be able to work my way over to the library and meet Twilight Sparkle. I’ve said in earlier incarnations of the thread that she reminds me of some of my female friends. I don’t think Fluttershy, Rarity, or Rainbow Dash would be as interesting to talk to or to hang around with and I don’t think they (with the exception of Pinkie Pie) would be as interested to meet me as a new character as Twilight may and Applejack probably would.

I’d like to get some food from Sugarcube Corner, read some books at the library, look (from a distance) at the Everfree Forest…basically be a tourist and meet some cool ponies. And once the day is over, get back to my reality and live with a new experience under my belt. I’d be excited about it, but I wouldn’t try to stay. I like things as they are now.

@Unknown
Could you bold a little harder and more frequently for me please? I’m still having some trouble seeing what you type.

May 15, 2012 at 02:14AM EDT

@Trash Boat

@topic

I am unsure if I am a pony or not. If I was a pony, I would first have to find out how to walk on all fours like a horse. Then, assuming I can get my bearings, I would probably go to Ponyville. Since it’s evidently only for a day (and I know that somehow), what I’d do is pretty similar to what Verbose said, mainly with the part of talking to Twilight. She seems like an interesting person pony to talk to and we have a lot in common. I’d look around a bit, maybe grab a rainbow-flavored cupcake, and be done with it all.

If I was still a human, I would hide somewhere in a bush terrified until the day ended.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 02:30AM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 02:22AM EDT

Have you guys seen this image? Crystal Empire. :O

May 15, 2012 at 03:52AM EDT

@Trash Boat

Of all the “things you would do in equestria” stories I have heard on this forum, that one had to have been the most brutally honest of them all.

Bravo to you sir.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 05:25AM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 05:24AM EDT

OOH awesome question!

until.

…Back away from my woman, and no one needs to get hurt.

Props to being honest though, I probably wouldn’t have been so detailed…

May 15, 2012 at 06:07AM EDT

OOH awesome question!

until.

But seriously, bravo good sir. Dunno what was troll and what not, but 10/10.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 09:31AM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 09:28AM EDT

OOH awesome question!

until.

Prepare to be expunged.

SHE ISN’T REAL

May 15, 2012 at 10:37AM EDT

I just don’t know what went wrong.

May 15, 2012 at 10:42AM EDT

@Trash:

But, since it’s only for a day, she would never see you again. And, knowing her, she would never find love again.

You sick bastard…

YOU BROKE HER HEART!!!!

Lez do to him what we did to those dogs…

Ruff him up!

May 15, 2012 at 11:10AM EDT

@Trash Boat: That was probably the most brutally honest answer to that question I asked anyone. I reward you my internets. But I was also listening to this song so I couldn’t help but chuckle when I read it.

[edit]: Since we were talking about Fluttershy… Have this.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 02:26PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 02:23PM EDT

[Then this picture was stolen by a mystical teal colored deer]

May 15, 2012 at 04:01PM EDT

Hey people, quick question.

Ponification, or the act of turning something into its pony equivalent.

I want to mention it somewhere, simply because it’s notable enough to get a mention. The problem here is where. The options are simple.

• Add to Main Entry.
    • Problem is that the main entry is big enough already, Ponifaction would take quite some space.
  • Add to Re-Imaginings.
    • Re-Imaginings is about Ponies drawn as different things, not the opposite.
  • Seperate Entry.
    • Not really an issue, I can probably make it big enough to receive positive comments. The issue here is that new MLP entries aren’t always appreciated. But if big enough, that should not be an issue. Deadpools are based on spread and notability, Ponification has that.

Based on the tone you can see I’m aiming towards the last one, but I’d like to know some opnions first. Perhaps you think I should go for something different. Maybe you even have some arguments that’ll help.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 05:05PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 05:03PM EDT

@Mr. RandomMan

“Ponification” seems like it’s more of a whole separate idea away from the main MLP entry. I think it deserves a whole new entry, because of the potential behind it. It’s like having a rules of the internet entry, and then making a different entry for specific rules.

Edit: It could be a sub-entry, just like all the other ones (example below), but I guess that’s what you had in mind.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 05:13PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 05:11PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Hey people, quick question.

Ponification, or the act of turning something into its pony equivalent.

I want to mention it somewhere, simply because it’s notable enough to get a mention. The problem here is where. The options are simple.

• Add to Main Entry.
    • Problem is that the main entry is big enough already, Ponifaction would take quite some space.
  • Add to Re-Imaginings.
    • Re-Imaginings is about Ponies drawn as different things, not the opposite.
  • Seperate Entry.
    • Not really an issue, I can probably make it big enough to receive positive comments. The issue here is that new MLP entries aren’t always appreciated. But if big enough, that should not be an issue. Deadpools are based on spread and notability, Ponification has that.

Based on the tone you can see I’m aiming towards the last one, but I’d like to know some opnions first. Perhaps you think I should go for something different. Maybe you even have some arguments that’ll help.

Separate entry, for sure. The phenomenon is big enough to warrant one. I believe it’s been added as an addendum to Rule 34:

34.2. There are ponies of it. No exceptions.

I would apply to work on it, but I don’t really see the point as you could do most if not all of it in one sitting.

Oh Lyra…

May 15, 2012 at 05:19PM EDT

@Random:

Yeah, I’d say the separate sub-entry is the best chance. It’s seen large enough spread, and remains outside of the show itself. It wouldn’t fit in the Main Entry because it’s a part of the sub-culture, not the culture/show itself.

May 15, 2012 at 05:27PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!