Forums / Discussion / General

232,988 total conversations in 7,790 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9926 posts from 193 users

Zarathh wrote:

Since we're not discussing anything right now, I propose a new topic. If you could go to Equestria for one day, what would you do in that one day you were there? If you could, could you please provide details?

OOH awesome question!
I would most definitely rave with vinyl scratch, we would talk music.

Then things get intimate, that's right fluttershy . You know damn well I've thought this through. (I'm a pony in this scenario so it's okay. I'm not a furry, and I am not sexually attracted to a horse. BUT I AM THINKING AS A PONY)

I brush my mane until i'm the sexiest colt in ponyville, then my plan goes into action. I find a little bunny, I don't know were, but thats not important.

I go by the lovely, beautiful, sweet, adorable fluttershy's house and let my bunny go. I walk around asking about my lost pet, until I coincidentally meet fluttershy. She is intimidated by my suave personality and strong build.

I say, "Man, I swear, it's like no pony appreciates our animal friends these days…"
she responds, "I know!!! I thought I was the only one!"

While we our looking for my bunny, we start having a wonderful conversation about being animal caretakers. Eventually we find my bunny who I have so aptly named "RandomMan." RandomMan and Angel hit it right off, they run into the house to socialize.

I say, "look at those bunnys, reminds me of my friends back in los Pegesaus."

Fluttershy is immediately interested. this shy and quiet pony she tends to be has been succumbed due to fascination. I tell her about how I used to be a big shot, until my friend gilda ripped me off. Since then I've been enjoying the simple times in life. When I was lost on my road I stopped into a old donut shop in canterlot. There, wondering, I met donut joe, he encouraged me to keep my chin up. Kinda like random man and angel right now.

Fluttershy is blown away by my sob by life story. Her instinct to care kicks in. She has a hint of pity, but she mostly feels her deeper connection with this mysterious new pony. She is happy that he has a more open heart then most of equestria. She feels comfortable with him, she trust him.

"Well you'll do good here in ponyville! My friends are pretty great."

I put on a lovely smile, asking her to tell me more.

She continues to tell me more, the several adventures she's had. There is a message being delivered beneath her stories though. I'm returning the same message with the looks I give her. As time passes, we begin to know each other deeply. Tension is building on top of it's self, like jenga building we can't stand to knock over. The spiritual connection is obvious, we've been drawing each other closer the entire talk, we want to have a physical connection, a expression of the love we feel. I can tell that while I talk her mind is somewhere else with mine. She, eyeing my lips, dreaming.

We've now scooted so close our legs our touching, her's are warm and smooth, love swoops over me like a sudden rain storm of beauty and content. She giggles, turns red. She was telling me about a interesting pony named Trixie she had met.

A moment of silence, our faces near, our eyes lock. I can almost feel her breath.

All of the sudden, she looks at the clock.

"Oh no! I've completely forgot, Rarity, Derpy, and I were going to watch rainbow dash's show with the wonderbolts today! Rainbow has been looking forward to this forever. I can't miss it for the world." Fluttershy says.

As she scurries to leave, I feel shock as my heart drops, I've never felt this way with anyone ever. I already knew she was the one.

She steps towards the door. Love becomes the captain on my next moves. I grab her by the shoulders and look her in the eyes. "But Fluttershy! You don't understand I love you! you must stay. Today isn't about some silly show, this is more! This-

She cuts me off. All the sudden I realize my efforts have all gone to waste.
until.

"This is about us." Fluttershy mutters as she closes the door with her foot and jumps on to me. The damn of tension burst, we spend the next hours of the day committing to the beauty of passion. She told me I was perfect for her, I told her the same. That's all it ever was, love in it's purest most buetiful form. Not a stain of worry or hate from the outside world could ever ruin it. Fluttershy and I were one, surrounded by our peace, she smiled and looked at me with those shiny eyes, our bodies warming each other. This was love.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 01:20AM EDT

Trash Boat wrote:

Then things get intimate, that’s right fluttershy . You know damn well I’ve thought this through. (I’m a pony in this scenario so it’s okay. I’m not a furry, and I am not sexually attracted to a horse. BUT I AM THINKING AS A PONY)

Trash Boat is (spoiler) W.W. wrote:

OOH awesome question!

Then things get intimate, that's right fluttershy . You know damn well I've thought this through. (I'm a pony in this scenario so it's okay. I'm not a furry, and I am not sexually attracted to a horse. BUT I AM THINKING AS A PONY)

I brush my mane until i'm the sexiest colt in ponyville, then my plan goes into action. I find a little bunny, I don't know were, but thats not important.

I go by the lovely, beautiful, sweet, adorable fluttershy's house and let my bunny go. I walk around asking about my lost pet, until I coincidentally meet fluttershy. She is intimidated by my suave personality and strong build.

I say, "Man, I swear, it's like no pony appreciates our animal friends these days…"

While we our looking for my bunny, we start having a wonderful conversation about being animal caretakers. Eventually we find my bunny who I have so aptly named "RandomMan." RandomMan and Angel hit it right off, they run into the house to socialize.

Fluttershy is immediately interested. this shy and quiet pony she tends to be has been succumbed due to fascination. I tell her about how I used to be a big shot, until my friend gilda ripped me off. Since then I've been enjoying the simple times in life. When I was lost on my road I stopped into a old donut shop in canterlot. There, wondering, I met donut joe, he encouraged me to keep my chin up. Kinda like random man and angel right now.

Fluttershy is blown away by my sob by life story. Her instinct to care kicks in. She has a hint of pity, but she mostly feels her deeper connection with this mysterious new pony. She is happy that he has a more open heart then most of equestria. She feels comfortable with him, she trust him.

She continues to tell me more, the several adventures she's had. There is a message being delivered beneath her stories though. I'm returning the same message with the looks I give her. As time passes, we begin to know each other deeply. Tension is building on top of it's self, like jenga building we can't stand to knock over. The spiritual connection is obvious, we've been drawing each other closer the entire talk, we want to have a physical connection, a expression of the love we feel. I can tell that while I talk her mind is somewhere else with mine. She, eyeing my lips, dreaming.

We've now scooted so close our legs our touching, her's are warm and smooth, love swoops over me like a sudden rain storm of beauty and content. She giggles, turns red. She was telling me about a interesting pony named Trixie she had met.

A moment of silence, our faces near, our eyes lock. I can almost feel her breath.

"Oh no! I've completely forgot, Rarity, Derpy, and I were going to watch rainbow dash's show with the wonderbolts today! Rainbow has been looking forward to this forever. I can't miss it for the world." Fluttershy says.

As she scurries to leave, I feel shock as my heart drops, I've never felt this way with anyone ever. I already knew she was the one.

She steps towards the door. Love becomes the captain on my next moves. I grab her by the shoulders and look her in the eyes. "But Fluttershy! You don't understand I love you! you must stay. Today isn't about some silly show, this is more! This-

until.

"This is about us." Fluttershy mutters as she closes the door with her foot and jumps on to me. The damn of tension burst, we spend the next hours of the day committing to the beauty of passion. She told me I was perfect for her, I told her the same. That's all it ever was, love in it's purest most buetiful form. Not a stain of worry or hate from the outside world could ever ruin it. Fluttershy and I were one, surrounded by our peace, she smiled and looked at me with those shiny eyes, our bodies warming each other. This was love.

You beat me to it, burning. However, I wouldn't actually point it out.

Related:

It works both ways!

…

Like Rainb

Um, if I had one day in Equestria, I'd certainly try to make my way over to Ponyville. I'm not giving it much thought at the moment, but I think I'd try to find Applejack and Twilight Sparkle. Applejack, because I think she'd help me get my bearings straight since she's Applejack and is pretty well balanced in terms of intelligence, social skills, and experience (e.g., farming, baking, helping in general.) If she believed me, then I think she'd take some time to help me figure out where I should go. If I'm fortunate, she'd be my guide around Ponyville (and not Pinkie. Her kind of personality is indescribably fun to watch, but it would wear on my nerves in reality.)

Hopefully, I'd also be able to work my way over to the library and meet Twilight Sparkle. I've said in earlier incarnations of the thread that she reminds me of some of my female friends. I don't think Fluttershy, Rarity, or Rainbow Dash would be as interesting to talk to or to hang around with and I don't think they (with the exception of Pinkie Pie) would be as interested to meet me as a new character as Twilight may and Applejack probably would.

I'd like to get some food from Sugarcube Corner, read some books at the library, look (from a distance) at the Everfree Forest…basically be a tourist and meet some cool ponies. And once the day is over, get back to my reality and live with a new experience under my belt. I'd be excited about it, but I wouldn't try to stay. I like things as they are now.

@Unknown
Could you bold a little harder and more frequently for me please? I'm still having some trouble seeing what you type.

@Trash Boat

@topic

I am unsure if I am a pony or not. If I was a pony, I would first have to find out how to walk on all fours like a horse. Then, assuming I can get my bearings, I would probably go to Ponyville. Since it's evidently only for a day (and I know that somehow), what I'd do is pretty similar to what Verbose said, mainly with the part of talking to Twilight. She seems like an interesting person pony to talk to and we have a lot in common. I'd look around a bit, maybe grab a rainbow-flavored cupcake, and be done with it all.

If I was still a human, I would hide somewhere in a bush terrified until the day ended.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 02:30AM EDT

OOH awesome question!

until.

…Back away from my woman, and no one needs to get hurt.

Props to being honest though, I probably wouldn't have been so detailed…

OOH awesome question!

until.

But seriously, bravo good sir. Dunno what was troll and what not, but 10/10.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 09:31AM EDT

OOH awesome question!

until.

Prepare to be expunged.

SHE ISN'T REAL

@Trash Boat: That was probably the most brutally honest answer to that question I asked anyone. I reward you my internets. But I was also listening to this song so I couldn't help but chuckle when I read it.

[edit]: Since we were talking about Fluttershy… Have this.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 02:26PM EDT

Hey people, quick question.

Ponification, or the act of turning something into its pony equivalent.

I want to mention it somewhere, simply because it's notable enough to get a mention. The problem here is where. The options are simple.

• Add to Main Entry.
    • Problem is that the main entry is big enough already, Ponifaction would take quite some space.
  • Add to Re-Imaginings.
    • Re-Imaginings is about Ponies drawn as different things, not the opposite.
  • Seperate Entry.
    • Not really an issue, I can probably make it big enough to receive positive comments. The issue here is that new MLP entries aren't always appreciated. But if big enough, that should not be an issue. Deadpools are based on spread and notability, Ponification has that.

Based on the tone you can see I'm aiming towards the last one, but I'd like to know some opnions first. Perhaps you think I should go for something different. Maybe you even have some arguments that'll help.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 05:05PM EDT

@Mr. RandomMan

"Ponification" seems like it's more of a whole separate idea away from the main MLP entry. I think it deserves a whole new entry, because of the potential behind it. It's like having a rules of the internet entry, and then making a different entry for specific rules.

Edit: It could be a sub-entry, just like all the other ones (example below), but I guess that's what you had in mind.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 05:13PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Hey people, quick question.

Ponification, or the act of turning something into its pony equivalent.

I want to mention it somewhere, simply because it's notable enough to get a mention. The problem here is where. The options are simple.

• Add to Main Entry.
    • Problem is that the main entry is big enough already, Ponifaction would take quite some space.
  • Add to Re-Imaginings.
    • Re-Imaginings is about Ponies drawn as different things, not the opposite.
  • Seperate Entry.
    • Not really an issue, I can probably make it big enough to receive positive comments. The issue here is that new MLP entries aren't always appreciated. But if big enough, that should not be an issue. Deadpools are based on spread and notability, Ponification has that.

Based on the tone you can see I'm aiming towards the last one, but I'd like to know some opnions first. Perhaps you think I should go for something different. Maybe you even have some arguments that'll help.

Separate entry, for sure. The phenomenon is big enough to warrant one. I believe it's been added as an addendum to Rule 34:

34.2. There are ponies of it. No exceptions.

I would apply to work on it, but I don't really see the point as you could do most if not all of it in one sitting.

Oh Lyra…

Joe Amethyst wrote:

@Mr. RandomMan

"Ponification" seems like it's more of a whole separate idea away from the main MLP entry. I think it deserves a whole new entry, because of the potential behind it. It's like having a rules of the internet entry, and then making a different entry for specific rules.

Edit: It could be a sub-entry, just like all the other ones (example below), but I guess that's what you had in mind.

It's MLP related, of course I'll add it as a sub-meme. Was the plan from the beginning.

But good to know people agree. I'll go dig up some info.

Zarathh wrote:

Hey, we also have Commander Shepard. Don't forget about him.

Hey wait,

If we already have Seth Green (aka Joker) and Commander Shepard………..
Is it possible we could get the entire of crew of the SSV Normandy to become bronies?

badsitrep wrote:

Hey wait,

If we already have Seth Green (aka Joker) and Commander Shepard………..
Is it possible we could get the entire of crew of the SSV Normandy to become bronies?

Zaeed likes ponies, too.

But I guess he isn't on the Normandy anymore, technically…

I'm not exactly sure how to report images but can someone get this trollpic off KYM?

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/305275-toddler-hit-and-run-tragedy-wang-yue

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 06:36PM EDT

I must say something:
It's been… hell, I don't know how long since I've joined this forum. I first arrived on unfortunate circumstances, and probably did not give a good first impression. I'm sorry. When I started to start being here without discussing… the event… then I started to enjoy it here. I thought it was pretty neat. Even when that topic came up again, and my subsequent withdrawl, I still came back, met with open arms.
So, thank you all. I know I've messed up here before, and I do not intend to repeat the same mistakes. But just thank you for allowing me back, and to welcome me here. All of you are great.
And also, sorry if I come off to be a narcsistic asshole. I'll try to be a little more humble…

Tl;Dr; This forum's great, and thank you all for having me.
--
Also, I must announce that I will be in several different locations a lot in the coming months, so I'll be off the forums during these times. But I'll look forward to see what went on during these times.
And Nightmare Moon, send my love and regard to Chrysallis please…:)

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 06:42PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

I'm not exactly sure how to report images but can someone get this trollpic off KYM?

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/305275-toddler-hit-and-run-tragedy-wang-yue

removed

RandomMan wrote:

But seriously, bravo good sir. Dunno what was troll and what not, but 10/10.

Thank you RandomMan! I greatly value your 10/10.

About the question. I added some unnecessary cheesiness to troll. Other than that, that's totally what I would do. In real life I don't obsess over ponies, but put in a situation with fluttershy…

Yeah that story was honest. I'm not a sexual deviant though, trust me.

My first instinct would have me freak out that she was real. I would want to just run up to her and hug her. That would scare her off though. So I would do something clever and romantic to have her come to me.

HEY PONY GENERAL READ THE QUESTION BELOW ITS FOR YOU AND I WANT YOUR OPINION

If that situation happened, do you think fluttershy would actually go with me? I know her character really well so I think yes. If you haven't read my theoretical plan, it's on the last page.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 07:39PM EDT

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

I must say something:
It's been… hell, I don't know how long since I've joined this forum. I first arrived on unfortunate circumstances, and probably did not give a good first impression. I'm sorry. When I started to start being here without discussing… the event… then I started to enjoy it here. I thought it was pretty neat. Even when that topic came up again, and my subsequent withdrawl, I still came back, met with open arms.
So, thank you all. I know I've messed up here before, and I do not intend to repeat the same mistakes. But just thank you for allowing me back, and to welcome me here. All of you are great.
And also, sorry if I come off to be a narcsistic asshole. I'll try to be a little more humble…

Tl;Dr; This forum's great, and thank you all for having me.
--
Also, I must announce that I will be in several different locations a lot in the coming months, so I'll be off the forums during these times. But I'll look forward to see what went on during these times.
And Nightmare Moon, send my love and regard to Chrysallis please…:)

Trash Boat wrote:

If that situation happened, do you think fluttershy would actually go with me? I know her character really well so I think yes. If you haven’t read my theoretical plan, it’s on the last page.

You expect a girl that shy to open up that fast?

Trash Boat wrote:

If that situation happened, do you think fluttershy would actually go with me? I know her character really well so I think yes. If you haven’t read my theoretical plan, it’s on the last page.

You may want to read this story and go down the route of seducing Fluttershy at her cottage.

@Trash Boat
Hmm….probably not the best idea. She tends to be timid and afraid, and will probably not like how close you're getting. And if she doesn't like something, she snaps the neck of it. Like that bear. You don't want to end up like the bear.

WE DID NOTHING. NOTHING.
Now, please give me the tapes or I will not hesitate to destroy you along with them……

I am Just curious on your stance on the Care Bears remake by the Hub.

1) Do you think the Hub is trying to leach of the success of MLP?
2) Will the show be sucessful? Explain why or why not?
3) Will we all be converted into "Belly Bros"?

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 09:38PM EDT

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

This made me piss my pants.
I saw the commercials for this while watching the Royal Wedding, and I wanted to shoot myself in the face. I thought it was horrible, overly corny, and just bad voice acting. Followed by more horribleness. I suppose that horrible host lady that they had (what ever her name was) might have soured me a bit, but it still looked like a show for 2 year olds, not 9 year old girls.

And the names they already gave us? Belly Bros? Care Dudes? Seriously?

I don't think a 3d animation series about fluffy bears can match the badassery of ponies.

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

You can like whatever you please. However, I think everyone here can see that this is just leaching off this show's success; good luck making us like this, HUB, assuming this image is legitimate.

The show's success could be good, I suppose. Probably not; just LOOK at that girl's eyes in the screenshot. That is some creepy animation. If THAT is the style the show will be animated with, I think I'll pass.

No, we will not all be converted into "Belly Bros." All is a big word. SOME probably would, but I just can't see many people following that show; just from that screenshot, I can tell it has a high chance of being that which MLP FiM strives to avoid; excessively girly.

So fear not, friend; if that show ever develops a fanbase, it will never be as great as the one we currently reside in. It may just have a fanbase that exists for the lulz.

@Monty Python
1) I don't think so. Considering (as far as I know), it's not the same crew making the show,and they're the ones who make MLP:FIM amazing

2) Probably not, or at least not onto MLP standards.Remember, the writing style and the animation is what sold us onto FIM. With those two key factors lacking, it probably won't be too popular out of the little girl demographic.

3)

I'd rather go into a Sarlaac Pit

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 09:53PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!