232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9926 posts from 193 users

ThePonyHub Community building contest!
--
As you can see, forums are using a new theme.
There are going to be a lot more changes around here.

We're gonna need to make thePonyHub look very nice.
We're gonna need pony related images and pictures around this site.

Banner contest #1:
I need banners, clean and professional looking banners.
130×600 about 2 or 3 banners.
Example: 130×600
Has to have ponies in it (duh!), doesn't have to have any text, just has to look nice, clean and professional

Prizes:
$10 USD on Steam for any game, DLC, etc
or
400 points + 1month premium membership over on deviantart
or
$10 USD to your Paypal account

--
Banner contest #2:
Same situation as contest number 1, but with different resolution
400×60 about 2 or 3 banners
Example: 400×60
Has to have ponies in it (duh!), doesn't have to have any text, just has to look nice, clean and professional

Prizes:
$10 USD on Steam for any game, DLC, etc
or
400 points + 1month premium membership over on deviantart
or
$10 USD to your Paypal account

--
Rules: Must live somewhere on planet Earth. Must be somewhat sober when you create the banners. Must have a valid account to use any of the mentioned prizes above (duh!!)
CONTEST DATE: MARCH 27, 2012 TO APRIL 15, 2012

While you guys are working on the banners, the administration is working on implementing:
- IRC Chat (Connects to freenode, so that u can chat on #knowyourmeme with one widget – KYM connection optional)
- Shoutbox (quick chat for forum members)

Once the IRC, Banners and shoutbox are setup the administration will work on:
- Our own Knowledge Base
- Our own gallery

--
We're looking into expanding so we can have more discussions. Once theponyhub looks nice, ill advertise it on more websites.

I know prizes aren't that valuable, but I can't afford more at this time.
--
tell anyone u know that can do these banners, the more people know about this, the better.
P.S. Also need someone to do the Main logo. File format doesn't matter (PNG, GIF, etc) 88×88
ThePonyHub

Last edited Mar 27, 2012 at 06:00PM EDT

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

Okay so if you are able to marry ONLY ONE of the characters of the main six.
Who would it be?:

Well, I could go with, but then again she seems, I'm sure that it may,
OH COME ON !

@Ivan

You might want to change that IRC and get your own channel. The KYM IRC isn't meant for that.

As for the banners. Any specific theme (besides ponies) you're aiming for. Does it have to be art or photoshop. Please add some details.

Last edited Mar 27, 2012 at 06:38PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

@Ivan

You might want to change that IRC and get your own channel. The KYM IRC isn't meant for that.

As for the banners. Any specific theme (besides ponies) you're aiming for. Does it have to be art or photoshop. Please add some details.

Damn 30min edit limit.
-
IRC removed for now.
-
A couple of people wondered about IRC being able to connect to #KnowYourMeme so I decided to go with freenode. ofc we aren't going to use #KnowYourMeme for pony discussion. Im getting a separate channel for that. Some users wanted to have one widget connect to #KnowYourMeme and our future channel
-
As for the banners, it doesn't really matter if its self-created art or photoshopped stuff.
If you can draw really well its accepted, if its photoshopped and it looks cool, its accepted.

Last edited Mar 27, 2012 at 06:47PM EDT

Erin ◕ω◕ wrote:

Thanks everyone, it means a lot.

I've just had a tough week. Drove myself insane again; fantasizing about suicide and crying yourself to sleep each night is not fun.
I'm feeling a bit better now.

Fantasizing about suicide?

Quick, everybody kick Connor's ass before he does something drastic! ONLY BECAUSE WE LOVE YOU!

I just logged on and already talk of suicide and depression apparently.
Well, my life has been burned, shot, and for a while abandoned. However I managed to get past these and move on. Friends passed away, friends murdered, house burned, family dying, and a lot more. There's always that little thing in or heads saying to end it. We can't let it consume us for we actually hurt the ones that care about us. It may seem hard now but, it will get better. A friend sent me a little video to watch. For some reason it actually helped me, and it did for a few other people.

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

Okay so if you are able to marry ONLY ONE of the characters of the main six.
Who would it be?:

Definitely Twilight. She's mine! ALL MINE!

@ Connor
Bit too late now, but we really enjoy having you on the thread. I really don't have much to say though.

@Woona

Am I doing this right?

@Contest

I'm actually really good at Photoshop, but none of my PC's have it, and I'm unwilling to use the public PC's here for anything pony-related.

Yeah, I've got absolutely nothing good to post.

Last edited Mar 27, 2012 at 08:33PM EDT

Hello guys.

Long time no posting anything substancial, so here it goes:

The Hub has released a new banner for the wedding episode with an explicit reference of the Royal Wedding of Kate and William

>inb4 Team Fortress

And have released a new clip of the episode:

I'm really looking forward for this season finale. Marriages are such beautiful things :')

I mean, that's because they never tell what comes AFTER the Hapilly Ever After XD

And about you Dac, just know that I haven't been oblivious about what you're through. I'm really sorry for your loss and, like everyone else, just wanna know I wish you get over it the best way possible. It's just I don't have much else to say. Never had a close person who had passed away (though I'm getting mentally prepared for when that happens, like my grandparents), but I see death as part of the natural cicle of life, and accept as a normal thing that is somewhat impossible to scape.

But in your case, it was a true fatality, and I share your thoughts of revolt. Your life is the most precious thing you have, and wasting it (specially by your own hands) should be permanently prohibited. But again, once some things are done, it's impossible to make others the way they were before. Just hope you didn't have a any bad feelings left for your friends, because the guilt of knowing you'll never be able to say you're sorry is something that even I would find hard to cope.

Last edited Mar 27, 2012 at 09:16PM EDT

Since everything seems to be getting back to normal, I guess it's time for me to put out this last batch of shots of the MLP/Cromatie project before going on an animating binge for the next few days:

Spike/Maeda and Magnet/Maeda's Mom

Derpy/Mechazawa

Twilight/Kamiyama, Rarity/Hokuto, Pinkie/Hayashida, Spike/Maeda and Big Mac/Freddie

See ya guys soon…

Last edited Mar 27, 2012 at 09:01PM EDT

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

@Muffinator Supreme
You got to fight Verbose for Twilight.
AND YOU TWO WILL FIGHT TO THE DEATH FOR HER ENTERTAINMENT!

I will challenge him formally at some point…

Muffinator: You will be made aware of the imminent battle for the favor of Twilight Sparkle once I have properDahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

Heh, heh… Nah man I'm just kidding she's a pony.

Last edited Mar 27, 2012 at 09:03PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

I will challenge him formally at some point…

Muffinator: You will be made aware of the imminent battle for the favor of Twilight Sparkle once I have properDahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

Heh, heh… Nah man I'm just kidding she's a pony.

POOF!

"How about now?"

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

@Muffinator Supreme
You got to fight Verbose for Twilight.
AND YOU TWO WILL FIGHT TO THE DEATH FOR HER ENTERTAINMENT!

IT IS ON!
Bring out the big guns!

I stole this from one of Phoenix's posts in Pony General IV, but bare with me.

@above post

No.

In other news:

Make it happen Hasbro!

Last edited Mar 27, 2012 at 09:33PM EDT

Muffinator Supreme wrote:

In other news:

Make it happen Hasbro!

Want.
Nothing more to say.
Just want.
Someone buy it for me.
Want.
want
wantwantwantwantsomuchwant

Last edited Mar 27, 2012 at 09:48PM EDT

Hey Ivan, I just tried to use the shout box thing. I made an account, but for some reason:
A.) It won't let me type in my full password (or else it just doesn't show every character I type).
B.) No dialog comes up when I try to log in anyways (like that I'm logged in or it didn't work) and whenever I hit enter, the box just resets and nothing happens.

WHAT DO??

null wrote:

Hey Ivan, I just tried to use the shout box thing. I made an account, but for some reason:
A.) It won't let me type in my full password (or else it just doesn't show every character I type).
B.) No dialog comes up when I try to log in anyways (like that I'm logged in or it didn't work) and whenever I hit enter, the box just resets and nothing happens.

WHAT DO??

Hmm… its working for me on FF10 and IE9

Try creating an account and logging in from another browser.
You're gonna need to create an account again.

@404
Damn, chill out man i got your pics.

@Connor The Brony
Good to have you back man, must've been hell, every year my mom sends me to camp for a week and each night and almost every waking moment I'm thinking:C'mon you've almost made it, just keep waiting your so close. And it drives me insane. So i hope you feel better.

I could be wrong, but I think Connor has not left for his vacation yet.

He announced that we leaving for the week only 15 hours ago. That's a pretty quick week

I'm surprised that Connor would feel under-appreciated though, he is definitely one of the most well respected posters here. I mean, he's Connor! Eh writes fanfics and doesn't afraid of anything.

And if Connor ever had " fantasies about suicide" then he needs to take another look at all the TL;DR's on this page.

All those TL;DR's are what happens when people wipe themselves out, and that was for a friend of a user here. Imagine what would happen if it happened to an actual user.

Cite wrote:

Muffinator Supreme wrote:

In other news:

Make it happen Hasbro!

Want.
Nothing more to say.
Just want.
Someone buy it for me.
Want.
want
wantwantwantwantsomuchwant

The bid is only at $120. I'm sure you could easily outbid that yourself, right?

Muffins wrote:

IT IS ON!
Bring out the big guns!

I stole this from one of Phoenix's posts in Pony General IV, but bare with me.

@above post

No.

In other news:

Make it happen Hasbro!

I'm still trying to entice you bronies into WoT.

Did you know World of Tanks has a huge brony population on the North American Server? Pony mods everywhere as well:

And if you want, Pony voice packs instead of your crew:

(I frankly prefer more tank specific mods like the Company of Heroes voice mod because voice mods like this and the Top Gear one just don't fit, but whatever)

Also, "The_Chieftain", a US Army Tanker who the devs hired to provide historical and technical advice on tanks has been converted :D

So what are you waiting for? Get on the World of Tanks general thread!

https://knowyourmeme.com/forums/general/topics/13504-kym-world-of-tanks-general-redux

Last edited Mar 28, 2012 at 01:32AM EDT

Wanted to laminate that derpy mask…shop was closed D= So instead I made this simple comic since there's nothing else to do on rainy days.

Too much free time:

Edit: World of Tanks? :o * googles *

Last edited Mar 28, 2012 at 03:12AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think Connor has not left for his vacation yet.

He announced that we leaving for the week only 15 hours ago. That's a pretty quick week

I'm surprised that Connor would feel under-appreciated though, he is definitely one of the most well respected posters here. I mean, he's Connor! Eh writes fanfics and doesn't afraid of anything.

And if Connor ever had " fantasies about suicide" then he needs to take another look at all the TL;DR's on this page.

All those TL;DR's are what happens when people wipe themselves out, and that was for a friend of a user here. Imagine what would happen if it happened to an actual user.

Yeah, I'm not gone yet. You can't get rid of me that easily. But my activity will be decreased until Tuesday. Then I'll be on 24/7.

Yeah, when I like that (driving myself insane / having a panic attack / whatever) logic just doesn't work. It just my brain telling me that I'm worthless and that nothing would be different if I just disappeared.
If you watched my posting habbits (I don't expect you to, thats a little creepy actually) you would see that this happens to me about ever month and a half to two months. It always coincides with a really good thing happening (my fanfic being popular usually) but then ending abruptly. This time it was a tonne of things all at once: excessive school work, other school related stress, going out of town (which I don't actually like very much), computer not working, not having any time to write this weekend.
So in just two or three days I drove myself insane again. Opspe and Pyro were there to help me through it, thankfully. It's an overstatement (barely) to say they've kept me alive, but they've helped me get better.

I looked at that page again, it helped a bit. Opspe has told me over and over that suicide is the most selfish and idiotic thing to ever do. I'm trying to believe him, but I'm the type of person that would do that type of selfish and idiotic thing.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your support. I hope I can get better soon.

Not only is suicide selfish and idiotic, it is a also a permanent and awful way to get out of problems that could only be temporary. Things can get better as they say – however – I don't believe it's stressed enough that a little effort on your part is required. I used to be very depressed. I even used to have those kinds of thoughts myself and things didn't start getting better for me until I adopted a more positive attitude – for real, it helps more than it seems like it would.

@Phoenix

I love me some tanks, I may check that game out sometime.

Last edited Mar 28, 2012 at 10:37AM EDT

Connor, I already have one friend that I'm trying to talk out of suicide. At times, I think I'm the only thing keeping him from doing it. Don't make me worry about another friend. Please.

I just wanna thank everyone for the kind words, they really mean a lot, and Connor, stop fantasizing about it. I personally don't want to talk about it anymore, at least not for now. So anyways, I found something that might interest you guys. It answers the question of Megasweets gender

Dac-attack!!! wrote:

It answers the question of Megasweets gender

So we know we can hit Megasweet and not feel guilty for helping to give the fandom a bad name, right?

Either way, Megasweet is skilled, and part of the work is SFW (and can be hilarious.) Nice find, dac. It also lets us know who cartoonlion is gender-wise. But then again, I only know cartoonlion for one thing. Futashy.

EDIT: He would like the yellow one best. Loser.

Last edited Mar 28, 2012 at 06:20PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!