Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Which cartoons should be BadAssified?

Last posted Mar 31, 2012 at 05:51AM EDT. Added Mar 27, 2012 at 04:32PM EDT
32 posts from 24 users

There are some silly or too bright cartoons that sometimes make me ponder: "what if this was serious buisness?"

What if that silly/cute/bright cartoon would be badassified and made humanly realistc, dark and serious? Just think of the awsome potential this could unfold!

The cartoons i pick:

Invader Zim: such an awsome setup and presantation. if this wasn't a twisted crazy humerous flick it could have been A LOT cooler with all the sci-fi, aliens, battles, conflicts etc.

MLP:FiM: While there are dark moments that most characters have when they go insane. i just think that adding a serious factor Would really make the show so much better. this place seems for to bright considering the horrific monsters, eldrich abominations and corrupt criminals that inhibit Equestria…

Avtar: While the show is already somewhat serious I still think the whole matter of a bloody world war is taken too lightly… no one really ever dies, no dark moments, no serious injuries etc… Needs to be more like a real war…

Yes i know they are kid shows… but still…Think of the awosme potential! look at TMNT for example..

I would choose Aquabats super show, but it's already the most incredibly badass thing in existence ever.
"I SUMMON THE DUDE!"
-Eaglebones Falconhawk

Your third thread today, JJ?

…

Anyway, after seeing a couple of episodes of Pokémon Chronicles, I've wanted to see the anime become more complex. I haven't watched it regularly in over a decade, but I think it's become even more simplistic.

I don't care for it to become dark nor to I care for it to become an "adult" show, but it would be nice to see some of the characters I grew up with growing up themselves. That's not the aim of the show, but I'd enjoy it.

I, for one, am looking forward to the release of the Venture Bros. live action movie. I managed to find some behind-the-scenes footage for anyone who's interested.

Looks like Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick are gonna make a clean sweep at the next Oscars.

I'm not sure I fully understand the question, but I wanted to mention that a Warner Bros. cartoon in which Wile E. Coyote catches the Roadrunner is supposed to exist. It was never officially released, but it was made by the usual folks as a joke. (Sort of similar to the unofficial "Laurel & Hardy" short film that's out there that shows Stan Laurel beating the crap out of Oliver Hardy.) Unfortunately, I can't find either of these online.

I think the question is referring to making a kids show in a more mature context. The key word is mature and with some of the old school kids show, nostalgia may get the best of our judgement I mean if Michael bay did captain planet doesn't mean it will be bad-ass. Although captain planet set in the real world, with the international drama between planters would be neat.

If the point is to make a kid's show into a mature show, then I think somebody's misunderstanding the natures of South Park and Venture Brothers, neither of which is meant for kids, I'm pretty sure. (I've never seen Metalocalypse, but I get a similar impression.)

On the subject of making kids' cartoons freaky, though, I wonder how many of you saw the Twilight Zone movie from 1983, witch had a segment largely involving kid's cartoon concepts being made rather disturbing.

That-guy wrote:

Megas XLR.

Whats that? It's already badass?

Well add more badassery to it's existing badassery then.

Now how does that sound?

That show was already 120% badass. adding any more will cause the universe to explode.

Now what that show really needs is F***ING REBOOT!

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

Dude, DIGIMON. Why did I not think of this earlier. That would be so intense!

that was was also 120% bad ass…

That-guy wrote:

Megas XLR.

Whats that? It's already badass?

Well add more badassery to it's existing badassery then.

Now how does that sound?

The fact that Megas XLR got cancelled is a crime. D:

Ansem the Seeker of Lolcats wrote:

>Implying that DBZ isnt already badass enough.
>Agrees that it should be moar badass

>Dora the freakin explorer?

>Implying that there is a possible way to make it badass (Please give me one thing that can make it badass)

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!