Forums / Discussion / General

233,002 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

Youtube Star Christina Grimmie's Death

Last posted Jun 12, 2016 at 06:57AM EDT. Added Jun 11, 2016 at 05:12AM EDT
10 posts from 7 users

Yahoo Article

I think a lot of people have at least heard one of her covers before. Christina Grimmie was also on The Voice. To sum up what happened, she was fatally shot while signing autographs.

I quite liked Christina Grimmie's songs, and my sister was a fan. I'm kind of lost for words right now. May she rest in peace.

Updates From WFTV

Shooter has been identified.

It also includes the answer to ScullyO's question about security. There was security patrolling the venue, but none were armed. So far I haven't read anything that indicates whether any were with Christina, especially since her brother was the one to tackle the assailant before he shot himself.

The article also mentions he may have planned to return home after that, so the suicide may have been unplanned? Did he really think he would be able to walk away from that?

In addition, I saw some other articles reporting the shooter was not unknown to the Grimmie family, but this one says there's no indication of Christina having known the shooter.

I'll be honest, I never heard of her until now, but hearing and reading about this still makes me feel sorry for her family, friends, and fans. Especially the fans because she got killed right in front of them…

Christina, I'm sorry if I don't know you very well, but I still want to send your family and friends my condolences and hope you rest in peace.

Not an update, but Sam Tsui just released this version of "Just a Dream" for Christina.

Here's the version with Christina if you haven't heard it before.

She truly was a beautiful soul with a voice to match. I remember my sister listening to her version of "Just a Dream" with Sam Tsui on repeat while we sang along off key. My thoughts are with her family.

Last edited Jun 11, 2016 at 11:02PM EDT

Okay, this is very disturbing…

So here is a link to a video from one of her fans that shows what happened before and during the shooting. As you can see, there were security guards who were a bit next to her after all. Yes, they were unarmed. But the murderer (not seen in the video) somehow managed to find a way to shoot her there on the spot. It was a very strategic move for him to do this…

Edit: Link's no longer working anymore. Apologies for this.

Last edited Jun 12, 2016 at 07:05AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!