Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

E3 2011

Last posted Jun 13, 2011 at 06:37PM EDT. Added Jun 04, 2011 at 06:13PM EDT
120 posts from 45 users

Dane wrote:

So what is E3? They just show off new games and stuff like that? Sounds cool.

Basically they show off games that are coming out soon, they reveal projects in the works, and they have a lot of booths with tons of videogame stuff. It's really cool and normally a lot of awesome projects are announced all around.

Omomon wrote:

Here's for a game where you play as a teenager in a normal suburban neighborhood through First-person.
(Spoiler:It will never happen)

Ooo, that gave me a good idea. What if there was a game similar to the movie Blue Velvet? Sort of psychological drama, but in the first person? Things start normal, but slowly get weirder…

Mr Bumhole #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

Ooo, that gave me a good idea. What if there was a game similar to the movie Blue Velvet? Sort of psychological drama, but in the first person? Things start normal, but slowly get weirder…

It's called Silent Hill.
Although, things don't really start out normal in SH. Just less weird.

Console wise I expect Nintendo to be showing off their new home console while Sony to be showing off their new handheld.

Game's wise I expect some Zelda, Mario, Halo, and Sonic in there too.

I am hopeing for some Fire Emblem and Metal Gear news too,

and dare I say: Super Smash Brothers 4.

Last edited Jun 05, 2011 at 03:16PM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Console wise I expect Nintendo to be showing off their new home console while Sony to be showing off their new handheld.

I would pre-order Super Smash Bros so quickly….

Besides the New Console, I expect Nintendo will finalize some release dates, including for the new Zelda game. I've heard the new console's controller will be touchscreen, and will act as a fully functional portable, but that last part is a stretch. Smash Bros 4 would be amazing, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Sony's got that NGP portable, and the "PSP phone". I bet they'll have to answer for the PSN shutdown as well.

I don't think Valve will announce anything major. I really hope Konami announces a new Zone of the Enders. I miss those games…..

Finally, Microsoft has been very quiet, so i expect something HUGE from them, maybe even a new console. I bet it'll have Kinect built-in.

Omomon wrote:

Here's for a game where you play as a teenager in a normal suburban neighborhood through First-person.
(Spoiler:It will never happen)

Shenmue, except that's in 3rd Person

Fridge wrote:

Besides the New Console, I expect Nintendo will finalize some release dates, including for the new Zelda game. I've heard the new console's controller will be touchscreen, and will act as a fully functional portable, but that last part is a stretch. Smash Bros 4 would be amazing, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Sony's got that NGP portable, and the "PSP phone". I bet they'll have to answer for the PSN shutdown as well.

I don't think Valve will announce anything major. I really hope Konami announces a new Zone of the Enders. I miss those games…..

Finally, Microsoft has been very quiet, so i expect something HUGE from them, maybe even a new console. I bet it'll have Kinect built-in.

Portable Xbox. I'm expecting something like that.

I can tell you right now the Metal Gear for 360 is looking at a 2012 release date and won't be showing up at E3 this year (But if you don't own a 360 I guess that's irrelevant). There was also something about Metal Gear for 3DS, but I don't own a 3DS so I didn't pay attention.

SSB4 will probably come out after Nintendo's new system does.
SSB – N64
SSBM – GC
SSBB – Wii
See the pattern? Though it would be cool to hear they're already working on it.

But for me, gamewise…a new Castlevania is always nice. And then there's the same hopes I have every year that I already know won't happen (a new Chrono game and a new Mother game).

Skyrim is what I'm definitely looking forward to the most, hopefully there will be some gameplay released soon.
On a side note, Rage is looking awesome.
Looks like Bethesda will have a good year despite Brink being diabolical.

Last edited Jun 05, 2011 at 06:35PM EDT

There's no E3 without Mario. Skyward Sword is going to have a demo or something, and there will be a new Halo. Sonic? Probable. Fire Emblem? Doubtful. SSB4? If not this year, probably next year.

angrypwnzer wrote:

We'll probably see
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Diablo 3
and i'm hoping a remake of Persona 4 to go with the anime that's coming out in October.
(I would learn Japanese JUST TO WATCH AN ANIME VERSION OF PERSONA 4!!!!!)

Kingdom Hearts 3? Hoping for it.
Diablo 3? Want.
Persona 4? albeit a fun game, highly doubtful of it.

Ashbot wrote:

Portable Xbox. I'm expecting something like that.

I doubt that. Knowing Microsoft, they'd probably keep trying to make the Zune work. If they did do that, it would definitely blow everyone's minds.

microsft: fail, just like the last 2 years
sony: some pretty good games, apologies for the psn crash
nintendo: (hopefully) awesome games we've expected (pheonix wright vs. prof. layton) similar to last year, and (just an idea) a T.V. result of that, sony gets there minds blown

I worked the Xbox press release last year putting up all the graphics and got called to do it this year but I'm working another job so I passed it to someone else. I got to see the kinect in action a few days before it was announced.

Derpy-is-on-the-loose! wrote:

I really cant wait to see what Microsoft has in store. Other than the reveal MGS:Rising last year i havnt heard much from them.

I just hope to god its not another halo game.

Sweatie Killer wrote:

I just hope to god its not another halo game.

Haha i only played reach for the story line. Other than that i didnt like the MP that much, got VERY repetitive. I dont think they would even consider another halo game for a while to come, and if they do have a halo based game this year they are idiots.

Dark Souls! Skyrim is for babies. Dark Souls will define who passes to RPG gaming adulthood.

Any Demon's Souls fan out there?

Last edited Jun 06, 2011 at 03:09AM EDT

Really hoping they state a NA release date for MGS3 on 3ds, it's one of the reasons I got that system! Also hoping for news on NGP, and maybe if we're lucky, some exclusives that will be out for it. (maybe something like peace walker?) I wish more than anything I could actually fly all the way out there, but guess I will have to be satisfied watching it on my tv…
And Battlefield 3, how could I forget BF3
I only have one thing to say to COD though:

Last edited Jun 06, 2011 at 04:06AM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

There will be a new Halo game, I heard.

yeah, i don't know how 343 studios is going to handle a new halo game. Halo wars was nice, and graphically better than Halo 3, but i'm not sure how they will handle an FPS after Reach.

Trying to fit the game in a canon storyline is going to be a bitch also.

Power, No Limits wrote:

yeah, i don't know how 343 studios is going to handle a new halo game. Halo wars was nice, and graphically better than Halo 3, but i'm not sure how they will handle an FPS after Reach.

Trying to fit the game in a canon storyline is going to be a bitch also.

I thought that Gearbox was handling the next Halo game.
Also, can't wait for the XCOM FPS, as well as the rumored "Tekken X Street Fighter" (3d fighter) and "Street fighter x tekken" (2d fighter) games to be announced.

nope, after bungie's last game, all development goes to microsoft's 343 industries:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/343_Industries

Gearbox might be helping develop it, i'm not sure, kind of like how ravensoft and sledgehammer are working on MW3 with infinity ward.

side note: MW3 is going to flop. Not in the commercial sense, because everybody is going to buy it, but in the quality. Infinity ward is going to try too hard, and end up collapsing in on itself.

Power, No Limits wrote:

nope, after bungie's last game, all development goes to microsoft's 343 industries:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/343_Industries

Gearbox might be helping develop it, i'm not sure, kind of like how ravensoft and sledgehammer are working on MW3 with infinity ward.

side note: MW3 is going to flop. Not in the commercial sense, because everybody is going to buy it, but in the quality. Infinity ward is going to try too hard, and end up collapsing in on itself.

And by "Going to try too hard," you mean "whore out the franchise for money" then yes, they will.

Hiroman wrote:

Dark Souls! Skyrim is for babies. Dark Souls will define who passes to RPG gaming adulthood.

Any Demon's Souls fan out there?

It looks pretty awesome, I don't know it if its gonna be released on PC, buts thats what I am hoping.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!