Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Last posted Apr 09, 2012 at 09:03PM EDT. Added Apr 06, 2012 at 08:37PM EDT
44 posts from 22 users

As most of you may know, the forums have been going through a little period of inactivity. Therefore, I have decided that now would be a good time to start a Pokémon thread.

Feel free to discuss any part of the franchise that you feel like. Whether it be how you like or dislike the anime, strategies and preferred sets in the games, or even arranging battles and tournaments. All is welcome, so enjoy!

Last edited Apr 06, 2012 at 08:43PM EDT

Zach Dragon Rage wrote:

All that needs to be said: Reboot original games in first person for PS3/XBox and make it more gory with better graphics.

Please do not make ridiculous comments that add nothing to the topic.

So who else is waiting for the Black and White 2 info?

Last edited Apr 06, 2012 at 08:48PM EDT

I just can't get back into pokemon. It feels like it has such a weird combination of shallowness (Strategy: USE WHATEVER IT'S WEAK TO) and complicated-ness (THIS PIKACHU HAS AN ARDENT DISPOSITION). I sorta wish they'd try something where you only get one pokemon, but it allows for a development tree or something, and have less of a limit on how many moves you get. I feel like it'd simplify the over-complicated stuff (Who gets all of the pokemon anyways other than insane people) and deepen the shallow elements.

Zach Dragon Rage wrote:

All that needs to be said: Reboot original games in first person for PS3/XBox and make it more gory with better graphics.

I'm still waiting for the inevitable Ruby & Sapphire remake for 3DS. Being able to replay one of my favorite childhood games will definitely be worth getting a 3DS.

ArdentGamer wrote:

I just can't get back into pokemon. It feels like it has such a weird combination of shallowness (Strategy: USE WHATEVER IT'S WEAK TO) and complicated-ness (THIS PIKACHU HAS AN ARDENT DISPOSITION). I sorta wish they'd try something where you only get one pokemon, but it allows for a development tree or something, and have less of a limit on how many moves you get. I feel like it'd simplify the over-complicated stuff (Who gets all of the pokemon anyways other than insane people) and deepen the shallow elements.

The main games will always stay the same or perhaps it will change bit by bit over time. However, the sub-games (for the lack of a better term) vary greatly, sometimes they will be like PokePark, Rumble, or even this:

If you want a real strategic Pokemon game, I suggest this. It gets released to America this June under the name "Pokemon Conquest." Even then, the main series can get very strategic depending on how you play; mainly playing [good] Wi-Fi battles.

Last edited Apr 06, 2012 at 08:59PM EDT

Cyber6x wrote:

I'm still waiting for the inevitable Ruby & Sapphire remake for 3DS. Being able to replay one of my favorite childhood games will definitely be worth getting a 3DS.

That will be glorious. Revisiting the Sky Pillar will be the best part for me.

Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 Update

Seems Black 2 and White 2 will have better 3D graphics (most likely in cut scenes only):

Last edited Apr 06, 2012 at 09:45PM EDT

Anako wrote:

Seems Black 2 and White 2 will have better 3D graphics (most likely in cut scenes only):

Hm…it may be tough to get used to that cel-shaded look, but it seems neat so far.

RocketPropelledPanda   wrote:

Imagine what Hoenn's sea will look like with redone visuals, oh and let us not forget the redone Legendary fight scene. Oh man, 3rd gen remakes will be sweeeeet.

I am getting feels about these remakes now. It will be so good.

I liked the first and second regions, when it comes to the anime. I thought everything from there on out SUCKED.

However, I liked all the games equally, and spent countless hours on them. Except for Black and White. I don't have a 3DS, and my DS won't recharge, no matter what I do, and I'm too cheap to buy another.

That said, the one side-game I played was the one for the Gamecube, in which you used something that allowed you to capture other trainers Pokemon, so you could purge them of an enslaving corruption they were being exposed to. Besides a lot of ridiculous, overly silly, or stupid cutscenes, the game was overall pretty good, but still wasn't as good as the main group.

Anyways, does anybody else feel that the trainers in the game could kick Ash's ass?

I myself am sick of all the hate towards gen 5. I like all the gens equally TBH…. I like the 3rd gen the least, but a lot of other people love them, and Hoenn region pokemon are hard to get if you didnt have the games so ill end up buying the remakes :P

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

I liked the first and second regions, when it comes to the anime. I thought everything from there on out SUCKED.

However, I liked all the games equally, and spent countless hours on them. Except for Black and White. I don't have a 3DS, and my DS won't recharge, no matter what I do, and I'm too cheap to buy another.

That said, the one side-game I played was the one for the Gamecube, in which you used something that allowed you to capture other trainers Pokemon, so you could purge them of an enslaving corruption they were being exposed to. Besides a lot of ridiculous, overly silly, or stupid cutscenes, the game was overall pretty good, but still wasn't as good as the main group.

Anyways, does anybody else feel that the trainers in the game could kick Ash's ass?

>Implying he doesn't have his ass kicked by the anime trainers every other episode.

Recently I have been thinking about how to Reboot the Pokemon Anime seires into something good. So far my list as follows:

~Make Ash 5-8 years older.
~Make Ash's modivation a bit darker. Say "He joins the Pokemon Leage to get the prize money to pay for an operation that would save his mom. Also, he is looking for his missing father (Red)."
~And give Gary a goal of his own to conflict with Ash, "To buy back my sister from Team Rocket." perhaps.
~None of the Joy/Jenny clone bullshit.
~Team Rocket actually get away with quite a bit of shit. Also, no R uniforms.
~Pikachu being found the same way as in Electric Tale of Pikachu. (In the wall eating wires)
~Brock being a recurring Mentor Character to Ash prior to their Gym Battle.
~Ash actually repaying for Misty's bike immeadiatly, makeing him broke for a few episodes. (And Misty's role slowly becomeing "big sister" to Ash over the course of the seires)
~Pokemon being like parrots, only learning to say their own name from the constant shouts. This way, Pikachu can eventually work his way up to Toddler Talk.
~Death? Though it is debateable, perhaps death happens occationally. Not like a Murder Fest or anything, but I do doubt a Butterfly can live more than a few months…

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

>Implying Tentaquil isn't best Pokemon.

>2012
>Best Pokemon Discussion
>No mention of Relicanth

Anako wrote:

Strike that, it's a arcade game.

Also, they announced absolutely fucking nothing about Black 2 / White 2.

Last edited Apr 07, 2012 at 07:29PM EDT

Although this may seem wierd at first, my favorite Pokemon game was Colosseum. First off, the main character looks like a badass, in my opinion anyways. Second, it wasn't all about getting every single goddamn Pokemon; it was about getting strong enough through purging the darkness in you captured (stolen) Pokemon to beat the bad dudes. Now I will admit, the companion character has the personality of sandpaper, and that you can only be male (imagine a female in that getup!), but I liked it because you got to beat the fuck out of everything; grinding seemed fun just because the entire damn game was all about beating the crap out of everything you saw. Now, again, this was only my opinion. I just like not having to quest game after game to get a full fuckin' encyclopedia on everything I saw and not have fun doing it.

Pol I. Toed wrote:

Water/Ground is the best typing ever. And Seismitoad is the best from the 5 W/G types.

That's not how you spell Quagsire.

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

That's not how you spell Quagsire.

I hate to make a string, but why didn't you type Swampert? Something must be wrong with your keyboard.

Pol I. Toed wrote:

HAHAHAHAno. Does Quagsire have Hyper Voice, Drain Punch, Swift Swim, and a base stat total of 499?

Quagsire looks cooler.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!