Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,713 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Forum President Official Debate Thread

Last posted May 06, 2012 at 11:54PM EDT. Added Apr 24, 2012 at 07:31PM EDT
96 posts from 36 users

NOTE: The candidate list is not completely accurate. Deal with it.

In one week the first poll will be held. All parties will be narrowed down to one person per party, and all Independent parties will be eliminated except for one. Until then, try to destroy each other's reputations throughout the forums in any way you can. But if you aren't subtle enough to do that without causing a flame war in every thread you mention it in, just post here. Here are the current candidates:

Gaming Party
Random 21
Cyber6x
PanTheMan
Verbose
seal clubba (doctorhobo)
Nikolaki8

Brony Party
Explosive Lasers
Twins the Comatose Vegetable
CitationNeeded
StarGazer
Epyc Wyn

Homestuck Party
Kasrkai, the Witcj King of Cats
MDFification
Fridge Logic
Kalmo

Jimmy Party
BSoD
Dr. Meme
Alejandro
Tai Kamiya Osaka Lieutenant

Meme Party
Suiseiseki
Arex
Cat Party
amanda b.
Pants Party
Wsxdas

Troll Party
RussianFedora

Supreme Karmmunists 2: Electric Boogaloo Strikes Back Party
Jackal Lantern

Western Federation
Thomas Nair

Norwegian Party
MontyPython

Animu Party
Derpy Supreme

All Fun And Games Party
HolyCrapItsBob

The Irony Party
Brucker

Mangous Unites Forever Party
MetaMango

Last edited Apr 24, 2012 at 07:54PM EDT

Troll King wrote:

All parties will be narrowed down to one person per party, and all Independent parties will be eliminated except for one.

How will the candidates be eliminated? Via votes?

I am above such petty attacks. Destroying the reputations of others is not the Federation's way.

I will run not against what my opposition represents. I will instead run on that which I myself represent.

Freedom, peace, order, tolerance, diversity. These are the core ideals of the Western Federation. These are what I represent, what I will seek to establish as the rule of the land on Know Your Meme.

I will not seek the election by making my opponents out as various kinds of evil. That is simply not the way.

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

I am above such petty attacks. Destroying the reputations of others is not the Federation's way.

I will run not against what my opposition represents. I will instead run on that which I myself represent.

Freedom, peace, order, tolerance, diversity. These are the core ideals of the Western Federation. These are what I represent, what I will seek to establish as the rule of the land on Know Your Meme.

I will not seek the election by making my opponents out as various kinds of evil. That is simply not the way.

o yeh well ur a poophead

If you do that you're goign to FAIL EPICLY.
this was a message brought to you by Captain falcon of the Gamer Party.

I'm leaving for a road trip over the next few days, I cannot participate.

Then again, since the object of this thread is to rustle jimmies I would have chosen to ignore it anyway.

Dr. Meme, you're in charge

@MDF

Do your worst ;)

Last edited Apr 24, 2012 at 08:13PM EDT

Here's an update of that list.

• Gaming Party
    Random 21
    Cyber6x
    PanTheMan
    Verbose
    seal clubba (doctorhobo)
    Nikolaki8
    Cpt. Douglas J Falcon
  • Brony Party
    Explosive Lasers
    Twins the Comatose Vegetable
    CitationNeeded
    StarGazer
    Epyc Wyn
  • Homestuck Party
    Kasrkai, the Witcj King of Cats
    MDFification
    Fridge Logic
    Kalmo
  • Jimmy Party
    Dr. Meme
    Alejandro
    Arex
    Tai Kamiya Osaka Lieutenant
  • Troll Party
    RussianFedora
    Jeffrey Dahmer
  • Cat Party
    amanda b.
    Arctic Dagger

• Meme Party
    Suiseiseki
  • Pants Party
    Wsxdas
  • Supreme Karmmunists 2: Electric Boogaloo Strikes Back Party
    Jackal Lantern
  • Western Federation
    Thomas Nair
  • Norwegian Party
    MontyPython
  • Animu Party
    Derpy Supreme
  • All Fun And Games Party
    HolyCrapItsBob
  • The Irony Party
    Brucker
  • Mangous Unites Forever Party
    MetaMango
  • OFP
    ANN HIRR Dai-Oh
  • Kool Kids Klup Party
    Dane
Last edited Apr 24, 2012 at 08:35PM EDT

Tell me, fellow forum-goers of this great site of KYM.

Tell me, what do you want your president to do? Do you want him to rule with an iron fist, and ban things that he wishes to ban? Do you want him to endorse acts that are designed to cause anger? Do you want him to get involved beyond his station as the government, and become involved with your personal jimmies?

Or do you want him to live, and let live? Do you want him to tolerate your actions, thoughts, and opinions, and let you post as you will? Do you want things kept the way they are, save for a loving president to watch over you, and defend you from hatred when he is needed?

I know I do.

Vote for me. Vote for tolerance.

I am Suiseiseki, Great among the candidates.
I am a Conversationalist who posts with the depth of the cheeto's stare,
and brews the shitstorms on the intertubes of the same.
I remember with clarity of cheeto sight the Words of Sweatie Killer.
Through the pronz of the internet he speaks to me, his chosen,
and urges me onward with the promise of krama.
I will take what is mine by right,
that shining jewel of the Forums President's position.
Not the vastness of the internet,
nor the Deadpool's obstinate +1s will stay me from my goal.
We are the Meme Party, and will trample all who stand in our way.

>Says he's all about tolerance.

>Has in the past hated on bronies and other factions on the site.

Teach what you preach, MoFo.

HOMESTUCK 2012

Last edited Apr 24, 2012 at 09:21PM EDT

In Dr. Meme's absence, I will be leader of the Jimmy Party.
"A Poem for Candidates" by Alejandro
All of you trying
To rustle our jimmies,
Where do you get off
Giving a fight?
------------------------------
You think we're lying
While we're up here grinning
But you just scoff
And blow out our light.
KYM forums
Are no place for ninnies
So leave if you can't
Make up your minds.
Don't be down in the dumps
We'll unrustle some jimmies
And requests we might grant
Will be kind.
So don't be down
Don't feel blue
And we can unrustle
Your jimmies for you.

Thank you.
VOTE JIMMY PARTY '12

Last edited Apr 24, 2012 at 09:22PM EDT

What's there to debate?
Do you want one egotistical user to claim superiority over you, or another?
Do you wish to jump on a bandwagon?
That's what we're all doing. Finding a figurehead who can't contain their personality within one person, and then attatching them to a popular trend. Jimmies, Homestuck, MLP, Gamers, they're all the same.
So, I urge you to vote for myself, because I am an egotistical nutcase who is on a bandwagon. Who is self aware. And completely apathetic.
Also, I tend to confuse people with meta-posting while I wait for opportunities to debate people. Where are you ideals, people. I can't get by with the low level-jimmy rustling that I've been doing. Feed me.

Freinds, Enemies, Bronies lend me your ears!
I am here to support Alejandro in his efforts to preserve the Jimmy Party. I cannot see why anyone here would object to us. We are not here to hate, or negkarm, or anything. We are here to simply unrustle jimmies. Let me tell you all a little anecdote to make you see the importance of our party.

Once upon a time there was an ugly barnacle.
He was so ugly everyone died.
But then, Me, Alejandro, Dr. Meme, BSoD, Arex, and Tai Kamiya went to see him.
He was clinically depressed.
Felt that he was the cause of all wrong.
He was rustled.
But the 6 of us talked to him.
We restored his Jimmies to the natural state.
Since we unrustled him, everyone came back from the grave.
And that ugly barnacle,
well the fish down in fishville say
that ugly barnacles jimmies unrustled everyones that day.
FIN

Last edited Apr 24, 2012 at 10:20PM EDT

Zacharias, we have to speak the truth. I'm in charge here for now. Yes Alejandro, I'm not absent.

MDFification has certainly attempted to destroy our reputations in the application thread.

"If you are so focused on unrustling jimmies then why are you rustled?"

We aren't even rustled. Well I did get rustled before, but now I won't. We reduce the rustling. We also rustle rustlers, giving them a taste of their own medicine. I hear some are sick of all the talk of 'jimmies' and 'rustling' so I will later talk differently if someone proposes now.

And as for the Homestuck, Brony and Cat parties, what non-themed goals do you have?

This debate also needs a channel on IRC. Just sayin…

Last edited Apr 24, 2012 at 10:32PM EDT

You should vote for me because… wait…

Hold on.

(Gets cue cards)

I believe that tapioca… Wait no, that's my grocery list.

Ah, here we are.

AHEM!

You see, we need to bring this community together. And how many of you have done that? A very small number. I on the other hand have done us the greatest accomplishment of bringing us together, and that was by creating the family portrait thread.

We've become divided, but I showed all of you that we're one community in this together. Why not vote for the guy who did that? The one that represented us as a family of brothers and sisters that care for one another?

I know I'd like someone like that.

(Paid for by the Homestuck Party.)

Last edited Apr 24, 2012 at 10:47PM EDT

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

I cordially invite my opposition to engage me in a political rap battle of epic proportions to decide who is the Iron Candidate.

The winner will then have a cap popped in his ass, regardless, securing failure for all sides.

I love white bread that's the name of the game, whole grain is just plain.
I'm just sayin Know Your Meme is a great place to be.
So vote for me to secure your memes.
Just between you, me, and the lamp post, I aint got another rap post.
Word.

This message is fully supported by The Norwegian Party.

Last edited Apr 24, 2012 at 11:36PM EDT

Humanity, the Humanity! Calm down and listen. First, my partito is called METALITARIAN PARTY, based on my philosophy or sauce (I'm certainly difficult to remember which one is correct). And secondo luogo, I'm not your man, or neck will be. Nuff ha detto.

Fridge wrote:

>Says he's all about tolerance.

>Has in the past hated on bronies and other factions on the site.

Teach what you preach, MoFo.

HOMESTUCK 2012

Trust me, there's a time and a place for such petty nonsense.

But it is not here.

Trust me, there's a time and a place for such petty nonsense.

But it is not here.

>thread specifically for debating and arguing with other parties
>not the time and place

You want stupid reasoning!? Well there's plenty of stupid reasoning in MY PAAAAAAAANTS, BEEYATCH!

This thread should not be about how we see each other, or what we want others to believe of each other. It should be about who we are, what we represent.

It should be about showing the voters our character, our worldview. It should be about presenting ourselves in the most favorable light possible, not putting each other in as negative a light as possible.

This is our chance, Know Your Meme, to break free of the typical political bickering and mud throwing. Here, now, we can change everything.

I promise that I will not run a campaign of smears against my rivals. I will simply state the facts about myself and my beliefs. I will stand for the idea that we should all see each other as equals while the rest do their best to destroy each other.

I will bring civility to politics. I will bring hope to the Voters. I will bring peace to this site.

I am Thomas Nair, and I approve this message. For the Federation!

"This is our chance, Know Your Meme, to break free of the typical political bickering and mud throwing. Here, now, we can change everything."

If that's really your message, KYM's going to just not care. Considering your reputation, no one would join you. Your extreme hate for Japanese media and ponies would create the illusion that your message is a lie. Heck, maybe it is.

Just don't make your own party. Wait for some wise user to create a party with your message and hop on it. If warcraftnerd made his own party, would you join it?

And to me, BSoD was that wise user, the one who has created The Jimmy Party.

User Name wrote:

"This is our chance, Know Your Meme, to break free of the typical political bickering and mud throwing. Here, now, we can change everything."

If that's really your message, KYM's going to just not care. Considering your reputation, no one would join you. Your extreme hate for Japanese media and ponies would create the illusion that your message is a lie. Heck, maybe it is.

Just don't make your own party. Wait for some wise user to create a party with your message and hop on it. If warcraftnerd made his own party, would you join it?

And to me, BSoD was that wise user, the one who has created The Jimmy Party.

Two issues with your post:

1. Warcraftnerd has been hit by the banhammer so many times it isn't funny.
  2. No party yet created shares my views.

Also, do you want me to start signing every post I make with a "/sincerity"? I'd gladly do that, if it'd make you feel better.

Two issues with your post:

1. Warcraftnerd has been hit by the banhammer so many times it isn't funny.
  2. No party yet created shares my views.

Also, do you want me to start signing every post I make with a "/sincerity"? I'd gladly do that, if it'd make you feel better.

Doing a 404 eh?

Nice. The day Thomas Nair has positive karma is the day the world ends.

Well:
random 21, seal clubba, pantheman and verbose are in the Gamer Party
Fridge Logic is stuck at home
Jackal is a Karmmie
BSOD is in the Jimmy Party
Star Gazer is Ross Perot
MontyPython is in the “Norwegian” Party
HolyCrapItsBob is in the All Fun And Games Party
Derpy Supreme is in the Animu Party

Notice anything? Like how they're all bronies?

A vote for anyone is a vote for the Brony Party. Thank you for your continued support.

Also, some idiot negged everyone. Fixed it.

Last edited Apr 25, 2012 at 02:26AM EDT

Twins wrote:

Doing a 404 eh?

Not necessarily. If that's how you want to see it, though, I won't stop you.

And for the record, my distaste for MLP and anime is still here. I'm just putting it aside for the greater good.

Last edited Apr 25, 2012 at 02:28AM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Hey look it's Mitt Romney

At least I'm honest about myself, unlike Willard "Bain Capital" Romney.

At least I'm telling you up front that I'm still the pony hating, anime bashing asshole you know.

I'm just trying to be better. But if you won't let me live it down and put it behind me, then of course nothing's ever gonna get better.

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Doing a 404 eh?

Nice. The day Thomas Nair has positive karma is the day the world ends.

Well:
random 21, seal clubba, pantheman and verbose are in the Gamer Party
Fridge Logic is stuck at home
Jackal is a Karmmie
BSOD is in the Jimmy Party
Star Gazer is Ross Perot
MontyPython is in the “Norwegian” Party
HolyCrapItsBob is in the All Fun And Games Party
Derpy Supreme is in the Animu Party

Notice anything? Like how they're all bronies?

A vote for anyone is a vote for the Brony Party. Thank you for your continued support.

Also, some idiot negged everyone. Fixed it.

Excuse me, but I'm not a brony. I've given the show a chance but I hardly ever reference it, yet I do not hate the show or anime.

So vote for me: Vote for something different, yet understanding to your own views.

Last edited Apr 25, 2012 at 06:53AM EDT

You people don't know how to destroy a reputation.
It's because there really isn't an opportunity here. Nobody's talking about their true beliefs, so there's no consequence to their arguments.
So in reality, this thread is just demonstrating users prejudgement on candidates existent reputation. This doesn't strike me as a particularly beneficial way to secure a campaign.
The only thing we can do is mock each others policies. I shall proceed to do so. There is nothing that can defend your jimmies. Trusting others to will not reduce rustling. Your jimmies are dependent on your mindset, and what rustles them is unique to every individual.Some are rustled by every instance of MLP fandom. How would you unrustle them? Some are rustled by the very existence of rule 34, regardless of whether or not it enters the sight. How would you unrustle them? Still others are rustled by what they deem cancer, and in many cases the concept of jimmies is enough to cause them to become rustled. How on Earth do you hope to unrustle them?
Behind the rhetoric, all parties that have promised anything have only succeeded in setting themselves up for disappointing their voters.
Our policy is literally nothing. Who are we to tell you what to do? You will have to fend for yourself throughout the entirety of your time on the net, and we hope to allow you to attempt to do so.

A vote for anyone else is basically saying you've given up on all your hopes and dreams. HAVE YOU GIVEN UP ON ALL YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS? I didn't think so.

@Other parties

The gaming party may not be the most popular party at this point, but i am positive it will get better. while other parties such as bronies and homestuck are based around one thing, the gaming community includes everything in the world of gaming (and considering how many different video games there are out there, it's saying alot). We were made by the people, for the people. so we are against all things all thing evil

we shall destroy all the trolls

Oh and we have tea

Tea makes all proper gentlemen happy.

1. You're supposed to run against your fellow party members in this phase. This is the primary. That means you're fighting to determine who is the best representative for your party.
    1. If you're still arguing against people in other parties, then you're forgetting about your current objective.
    2. However, I admire those who still choose to value ideologies in a meaningless election over achieving the simple goal.
  2. I ain't doing sh!t until I know how the primary is going to be determined. It does say there will be a poll in a week, but I'd like more details.

So Imma straight chill.

…That is to say, I'm pausing.

Choose whichever you like the best.

Verbose wrote:

1. You're supposed to run against your fellow party members in this phase. This is the primary. That means you're fighting to determine who is the best representative for your party.
    1. If you're still arguing against people in other parties, then you're forgetting about your current objective.
    2. However, I admire those who still choose to value ideologies in a meaningless election over achieving the simple goal.
  2. I ain't doing sh!t until I know how the primary is going to be determined. It does say there will be a poll in a week, but I'd like more details.

So Imma straight chill.

I don't want to fight against my own team, as i don't want to waste my time fighting a battle i have no hope winning. And as far as i'm concerned, my party is a team (at least in my eyes). I don't care whether other people see it differently, because i will always stick by this party, no matter if i become the leader or not. I will always be supporting and helping this party and it's upcoming leader until the end.

Verbose wrote:

So Imma straight chill.

>Video game pause music
>No BATTLETOADS

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!