Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
The Fucking '80s.

Last posted Sep 13, 2012 at 07:52AM EDT. Added Jul 19, 2012 at 01:24PM EDT
45 posts from 32 users

I did not exist in the 80s, therefore anything I know about the 80s is what someone else told me.

I cannot decide if the 80s were good or bad since all my knowledge is based on personal stories and other unproven information.

I think the movies and music were good back then, but I cannot be 100% sure.

Anyways, have some "80s" music:

I only lived in the 80's for 3 years of my life so I remember pretty much none of it. Aside from HUGE SUNGLASSES

There was no internet in the 80's however so I don't think I'll miss it…but I may miss the huge sunglasses

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

ManWithGoodTaste wrote:

Some obscure awesome shit

w0w what a fag. Once again ManWith(MyDickHasMore)Taste you show how little taste you have. He said post the best of the 80's and this is what you post?
Since I was a teenager in the 80's I think it's safe to say I know what was good in the 80's and this isn't it. This is the shitiest thing I have ever heard.

Last edited Jul 20, 2012 at 04:12AM EDT

Getting back on track this was some of the best music of the 80's. There was plenty of bands, music styles, fashion styles, scenes etc. in the 80's but this is what I think of when I remember the 80's.

Derpy Vaz wrote:

w0w what a fag. Once again ManWith(MyDickHasMore)Taste you show how little taste you have. He said post the best of the 80's and this is what you post?
Since I was a teenager in the 80's I think it's safe to say I know what was good in the 80's and this isn't it. This is the shitiest thing I have ever heard.

A fine Sith you shall become!

ManWithGoodTaste wrote:

A fine Sith you shall become!

Now you're posting Star Wars prequel pics in an 80's thread.

What a dumbass

Last edited Jul 21, 2012 at 06:26AM EDT

I love this movie, but I also think it's basically stupid. The kind of guilty pleasure Notalgia Critic is talking about. Infact I'm waiting his review for some good laughts.

Derpy Vaz wrote:

Holy shit! Someone else's opinion differs from yours!

WHAT AN OUTRAGE!

any way back to the 80's

pug on toast wrote:

This thread in a nutshell, even though it's not from the 80s.

As I was reading through the thread, I kept thinking, "How can you really explain what the '80s were like? (Aside from all that fucking, of course.)"

Then I came to Mister J's post and this video, and saw that indeed, it could be done. Seriously, that was like living through the decade all over again. Here's a somewhat better quality version:

pug on toast wrote:

This thread in a nutshell, even though it's not from the 80s.

I was gonna post this. :c
Pertaining to the thread, I'm gonna kill two birds with one stone:

Last edited Aug 09, 2012 at 12:26PM EDT

I am not from the eighties, but most of the people in my primary childhood neighborhood were, and I was friends with quite a few of them. For that reason, quite a bit of the culture in my childhood was that of the eighties, particularly that of gaming.

I recall this most prominently:

Last edited Aug 11, 2012 at 10:31PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!