Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Stuff that scared the s**t outta you as a kid

Last posted Oct 03, 2012 at 06:53PM EDT. Added Sep 30, 2012 at 04:57PM EDT
51 posts from 47 users

404 user not found wrote:

It seems stupid now, but when i was a kid i was terrified of my closet being open at night

I still make sure mine is closed. The black hole it leaves open creeps me out to this day.

Primarily Vacuums or Toilets when I was young like three because I use to have night mares about them eating my family alive. Also the dark I really hated the dark for most of my child hood life… I was always scared what would be lurking in the shadows.

When I gotten a little older (like 6 years old or 7)
I get scared by just the sound of a cyber-demon being close by.

Scares me so much when I was younger.

Believe it or not, the "Thriller" video.

I think it was showing once on Disney Channel when I was five or so. It got to the part where Michael turns into a werewolf, and I ran out of the room.

Fast forward to 8th grade, and I watched the whole thing. It was still pretty unnerving, but really good nonetheless.

When I was a kid, I was scared of FUCKING ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH GHOSTS. This happened because of a screamer thing I caught my mom watching when I was like 8. Because of that I am still very easily scared to this day.

I was around 5-6 when i first played Mario 64 for first time and i didn't knew english (my default language is spanish) imagine you are playing a nice looking game and everything looks cool but them you hear this out of nowhere.

Fridge wrote:

Believe it or not, the "Thriller" video.

I think it was showing once on Disney Channel when I was five or so. It got to the part where Michael turns into a werewolf, and I ran out of the room.

Fast forward to 8th grade, and I watched the whole thing. It was still pretty unnerving, but really good nonetheless.

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE

I also have a huge fear of the girl from The Exorcist, all because my dad showed me a scene from it when i was 8.

An EXTREMELY huge fear I had (and still do) is that when I was about 4 or 5 (I have vivid memories of it) we had a VHS of some sort of Disney Haunted Mansion thing. It wasn't a recording of the ride, it was this live action thing, I can't tell you what it's called, or anything. I just remember it would scare me to the point of crying, but I would always want my parents to put it on.

My door being closed.

To this day, my bed is in a corner, and my door is always wide open with my closet closed.

How much more skeptical can one guy get?

Let me tell you about The Groke.

Just skip to about 7:12, and don't mind the editor's comments.

You know! For kids!

I'm pretty sure the majority of KYM has never even heard of her, but those who have, know her to be one of the scariest characters ever to appear in a cartoon.

…Oh god that growling noise she makes…

The creepy music and everything freezing around her doesn't make it any less scary.

Last edited Oct 01, 2012 at 10:31AM EDT

That clown-dude, THAT FUCKING CLOWN-DUDE

I remember one day I wanted to play Crash, and I had remembered that I had put it in the PS1 the other night. So I turn it on…

…

This isn't Crash…
SHIT IT MUST BE THAT GAME WITH THE CREEPY CLOWN

I yelled out for my mom, opened the disk drive and found that game disk smiling back at me.

It used to be the scariest thing alive for me. Now… Eh.

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

That clown-dude, THAT FUCKING CLOWN-DUDE

I remember one day I wanted to play Crash, and I had remembered that I had put it in the PS1 the other night. So I turn it on…

…

This isn't Crash…
SHIT IT MUST BE THAT GAME WITH THE CREEPY CLOWN

I yelled out for my mom, opened the disk drive and found that game disk smiling back at me.

It used to be the scariest thing alive for me. Now… Eh.

If it makes you feel any better, you can beat him up in Playstation All Stars when it comes out. His name is Needles Kane (Sweet Tooth) by the way.

Now, this might sound pathetic, but when I was a kid I used to freak out from these broadcasting systems:

I don't know why, but felt so… ominous back then. It was like someone was watching me from the television.

I was always scared of loud noises when I was a kid. Mainly sirens. Those freaked me the hell out because I knew something bad was about to happen, or something bad could happen. I also mistook the THX intro for a siren at times. And here's an example of what I'm talking about.

http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/jYGWqtd06S5lriPO1XOfcQ29027/GW430

^ That's the reason I always ran out of the room whenever Rugrats ended.

Last edited Oct 02, 2012 at 08:20PM EDT

This thing.

Zrooooom (Teleporting in)

WOBWOB WIBWOB WOBWOB WIBWOB WOBWOB (Freaky robot sounds/precursor to dubstep)

Whoosh Whoosh Whoosh (Salvo of Smart Missiles)

Pish Pish Pish (Smart Missiles Detonate)

CHING! (Shields hit)

BOOOOM! (You explode)

Lugia41 wrote:

http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/jYGWqtd06S5lriPO1XOfcQ29027/GW430

^ That's the reason I always ran out of the room whenever Rugrats ended.

Here you go

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!