Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,713 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

What was the longest period of time spent away from KYM and why?

Last posted Feb 11, 2013 at 03:26AM EST. Added Feb 04, 2013 at 08:42PM EST
43 posts from 36 users

Roughly five months.

There were several factors. One was that I was simply bored of KYM. I was bored of the forums, and bored of the IRC. Also contributing to me leaving was a bunch of IRL stuff. I won't go into depth about it.

But, it's good to be back here.

I once spent 18 years off the site.

On a more serious note, I've been on and off the site for a while now, mostly because of school, so I'll often spend up to months off. I do lurk quite frequently however.

Last edited Feb 04, 2013 at 11:13PM EST

Wow… rukario beats my record…
Until recently… I have been away from the site 13 months.
No lurking, no posting, nothing. I just completely disappeared.
School got way harder. We had a lot of financial problems due to the death of one my relatives. Times seemed to be way too dark. And because I already had a lot of things going around in my mind, I just forgot about the site.
But then everything got better. I saw the site once again, and I decided to get back on the site again.

Probably no more than two or three days. When I'm away it's usually because of all day/night parties/sleepovers with my friends (24 hour movie night bitches) or just because something is keeping me busy. Sometimes I take small breaks from posting and just lurk a couple threads and image galleries.

3 days. I couldn't be here tuesday and a couple days after because Fire Emblem Awakening came out.

Last edited Feb 09, 2013 at 07:51PM EST

A few months. Articles became uninteresting, forums were rather inactive, IRC was a hassle. I'd like to participate more here, but I feel like almost everyone's part of some secret club that I'm missing out on.

I should tackle that community-building event thing. When was that again?

Spores wrote:

5 months

bunch of crap i would not like to go through

2 downvotes? Really? How about we stop being immature here. Some people are acting like more of a 10 year old than the poster who is actually 10 years old.

Crimson Locks wrote:

2 downvotes? Really? How about we stop being immature here. Some people are acting like more of a 10 year old than the poster who is actually 10 years old.

Well, it's up to them. I see where you're coming from, but the comment was a bit melodramatic and unnecessary. It's like the people that post things on Facebook like "UGH I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU, FUCK OFF", but when people query them they say "I don't wanna talk about it." If you didn't want to talk about it, ya wouldn't have posted it.

Last edited Feb 10, 2013 at 12:10AM EST

Reticent wrote:

Well, it's up to them. I see where you're coming from, but the comment was a bit melodramatic and unnecessary. It's like the people that post things on Facebook like "UGH I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU, FUCK OFF", but when people query them they say "I don't wanna talk about it." If you didn't want to talk about it, ya wouldn't have posted it.

Well, OP basically did the same thing. He said "I was gone for x amount of time because personal reasons" and didn't go any further than that. I can see your point as well, and it is up to whoever uses the karma but it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I can clearly see some users picking on a specific user and giving bad karma just cus they don't like em.

I used to go to Boy Scout camp in the summer and winter. Each time I was away for about a week.

One of those was when Nigel Thornberry Remixes became popular, so when I got back I was pretty confused.

Reticent wrote:

Yeah, that I can agree with. The karma system is for indicating the quality of posts, not users.

There is no indication that specifies what the karma system should be used for. It is not regulated and people may use it as they wish. If you don't like it, get over it.

I was never here. Only hours after making my account, I died in a horrible car wreck, then fell of a bridge, strangled myself, and overdosed on Cocaine. What you see here is a 6-billion dollar sentient AI designed to mimic my faculties and adjust them accordingly based on the responses made by other users present in order to create the perfect mind.

Taryn wrote:

There is no indication that specifies what the karma system should be used for. It is not regulated and people may use it as they wish. If you don't like it, get over it.

I was never the one complaining about the use of the karma system in the first place; in fact, I was the one defending it. Don't trip, chocolate chip.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!