Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

309,410 total conversations in 9,041 threads

+ New Thread


What was the longest period of time spent away from KYM and why?

Last posted Feb 11, 2013 at 03:26AM EST. Added Feb 04, 2013 at 08:42PM EST
43 posts from 36 users

i think i was away for 8 weeks because life showed up and the feels were reels.

Feb 04, 2013 at 08:42PM EST
Quote

1 week. Vacations. In an hotel. Without internet.

Feb 04, 2013 at 08:45PM EST
Quote

5 days.
It was a long time, I thought I’d never get back!

Last edited Feb 04, 2013 at 08:49PM EST
Feb 04, 2013 at 08:49PM EST
Quote

I’ve never left KYM- I’m always here.

Watching from the shadows.

Feb 04, 2013 at 09:42PM EST
Quote

Roughly five months.

There were several factors. One was that I was simply bored of KYM. I was bored of the forums, and bored of the IRC. Also contributing to me leaving was a bunch of IRL stuff. I won’t go into depth about it.

But, it’s good to be back here.

Feb 04, 2013 at 09:50PM EST
Quote

About a month, in the December before last. My computer toasted itself.

Maaaaaaaajor withdraws.

Last edited Feb 04, 2013 at 10:50PM EST
Feb 04, 2013 at 10:46PM EST
Quote

Patrick wrote:

I’ve never left KYM- I’m always here.

Watching from the shadows.

Well, you had me fooled. Speak up more often!

On topic, two weeks. That break I took not long ago.

Feb 04, 2013 at 10:57PM EST
Quote

I once spent 18 years off the site.

On a more serious note, I’ve been on and off the site for a while now, mostly because of school, so I’ll often spend up to months off. I do lurk quite frequently however.

Last edited Feb 04, 2013 at 11:13PM EST
Feb 04, 2013 at 11:06PM EST
Quote

2 days, because I was on vacation

Feb 04, 2013 at 11:13PM EST

Probably from the beginning of school in the fall to about right now. Simply put, I’ve been way to busy with IRL stuff. And when I do have free time, I just don’t feel like getting on KYM for some reason, although I do try to check in from time to time.

Feb 04, 2013 at 11:30PM EST
Quote

I was 2 years.

My old account was called “Absol”

Feb 05, 2013 at 01:01AM EST

Wow… rukario beats my record…
Until recently… I have been away from the site 13 months.
No lurking, no posting, nothing. I just completely disappeared.
School got way harder. We had a lot of financial problems due to the death of one my relatives. Times seemed to be way too dark. And because I already had a lot of things going around in my mind, I just forgot about the site.
But then everything got better. I saw the site once again, and I decided to get back on the site again.

Feb 05, 2013 at 01:28AM EST
Quote

3 months…. every 2 months my first year.
yeah school.

Feb 05, 2013 at 02:17AM EST
Quote

I have no idea, this has made me realize I haven’t left this site for long after this year…

Feb 05, 2013 at 03:04AM EST
Quote

Hmm probably 2 months because I didn’t have anything else to check on the internetz.

Feb 07, 2013 at 02:42PM EST
Quote

Probably no more than two or three days. When I’m away it’s usually because of all day/night parties/sleepovers with my friends (24 hour movie night bitches) or just because something is keeping me busy. Sometimes I take small breaks from posting and just lurk a couple threads and image galleries.

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:21PM EST
Quote

About a week without posting, though I still lurked daily during that time. KYM, why I can’t quit you?

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:35PM EST
Quote

About 5 or 6 months. I came Spring 2011, then was here a ton during the summer. Since then I’ve been on again off again. (Holy shit. I’ve almost been here/ been a brony for 2 years.)

Feb 07, 2013 at 06:06PM EST
Quote

3 days. I couldn’t be here tuesday and a couple days after because Fire Emblem Awakening came out.

Last edited Feb 09, 2013 at 07:51PM EST
Feb 09, 2013 at 07:49PM EST
Quote

A few months. Articles became uninteresting, forums were rather inactive, IRC was a hassle. I’d like to participate more here, but I feel like almost everyone’s part of some secret club that I’m missing out on.

I should tackle that community-building event thing. When was that again?

Feb 09, 2013 at 07:56PM EST
Quote

Spores McMineley wrote:

5 months

bunch of crap i would not like to go through

2 downvotes? Really? How about we stop being immature here. Some people are acting like more of a 10 year old than the poster who is actually 10 years old.

Feb 09, 2013 at 08:39PM EST
Quote

about a year

Feb 09, 2013 at 08:51PM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

2 downvotes? Really? How about we stop being immature here. Some people are acting like more of a 10 year old than the poster who is actually 10 years old.

Well, it’s up to them. I see where you’re coming from, but the comment was a bit melodramatic and unnecessary. It’s like the people that post things on Facebook like “UGH I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU, FUCK OFF”, but when people query them they say “I don’t wanna talk about it.” If you didn’t want to talk about it, ya wouldn’t have posted it.

Last edited Feb 10, 2013 at 12:10AM EST
Feb 10, 2013 at 12:09AM EST
Quote

Pseudogenesis wrote:

Well, it’s up to them. I see where you’re coming from, but the comment was a bit melodramatic and unnecessary. It’s like the people that post things on Facebook like “UGH I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU, FUCK OFF”, but when people query them they say “I don’t wanna talk about it.” If you didn’t want to talk about it, ya wouldn’t have posted it.

Well, OP basically did the same thing. He said “I was gone for x amount of time because personal reasons” and didn’t go any further than that. I can see your point as well, and it is up to whoever uses the karma but it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I can clearly see some users picking on a specific user and giving bad karma just cus they don’t like em.

Feb 10, 2013 at 01:00AM EST
Quote

Yeah, that I can agree with. The karma system is for indicating the quality of posts, not users.

Feb 10, 2013 at 02:10AM EST
Quote

I used to go to Boy Scout camp in the summer and winter. Each time I was away for about a week.

One of those was when Nigel Thornberry Remixes became popular, so when I got back I was pretty confused.

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:29AM EST
Quote

Pseudogenesis wrote:

Yeah, that I can agree with. The karma system is for indicating the quality of posts, not users.

There is no indication that specifies what the karma system should be used for. It is not regulated and people may use it as they wish. If you don’t like it, get over it.

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:01PM EST
Quote

I was never here. Only hours after making my account, I died in a horrible car wreck, then fell of a bridge, strangled myself, and overdosed on Cocaine. What you see here is a 6-billion dollar sentient AI designed to mimic my faculties and adjust them accordingly based on the responses made by other users present in order to create the perfect mind.

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:50PM EST
Quote

Taryn wrote:

There is no indication that specifies what the karma system should be used for. It is not regulated and people may use it as they wish. If you don’t like it, get over it.

I was never the one complaining about the use of the karma system in the first place; in fact, I was the one defending it. Don’t trip, chocolate chip.

Feb 10, 2013 at 01:26PM EST
Quote

AlexGhostaRica wrote:

^so you’re not r-r-r-real??

I think, therefore I am.

Feb 10, 2013 at 01:54PM EST
Quote

I had to take 2 months off of KYM because my computer broke down, and it took me 2 months to buy a new one.

Feb 10, 2013 at 02:20PM EST

2 months, I thought KYM was ruining my life.
Rethinking that, It has spiced my life. (by stealing hours of my life)

Feb 10, 2013 at 05:07PM EST
Quote

I would say, about a year and a half. Because my old laptop broke and got one about 4 months back… But I had forgotten all about KYM.

Feb 11, 2013 at 03:26AM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!