Forums / Media / Video Games

38,630 total conversations in 2,701 threads

+ New Thread

Steam ports getting delayed

Last posted Jan 28, 2015 at 05:21PM EST. Added Jan 28, 2015 at 02:06PM EST
4 posts from 4 users

Okay for some reason the following PC ports are getting delayed:

Grand Theft Auto V: Original date was in January, delayed until march (Warning, bad grammar)
Dynasty Warrors 8: Original date was January, delayed until next month
Dead or Alive 5: Last Round: Original date was February 17th, Delayed until March 30th
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Original date was today, January 28th, Delayed until January 30th

I'm wondering what are your thoughts on all this?

Last edited Jan 28, 2015 at 02:15PM EST

While delays seem like a bad thing, they are, for the most part, a good thing. It gives developers more time to polish out their game and optimize it so it will work properly on a computer. After all, there are no hardware limitations on a PC, so it could be hard to balance it so people with old tech can run it as well as people with godly computers can enjoy it with everything cranked up.

Sure, it sucks we won't be able to play these games for a while, but after last year with unfinished releases coughUbisoftcough it seems like a good thing. In the end it only matters that we'll get to play them on our platform of choice (This being PC).

Only game I knew that was on that list is GTAV though, so I don't really feel any different.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!