Forums / Discussion / General

233,054 total conversations in 7,793 threads

+ New Thread

Ace Combat General

Last posted Oct 18, 2012 at 03:42AM EDT. Added Oct 15, 2012 at 03:40AM EDT
5 posts from 4 users

Frankly, after the terribleness of Assault Horizon, Ace Combat 6, Joint Assault and Skies of Incursion…..I'm kinda hoping they don't make a new one quickly.

The last great Ace Combat I played was Zero back in the PS2 days.

But at least the soundtrack is usually awesome, even if the games were bad!

burning_phoneix wrote:

Frankly, after the terribleness of Assault Horizon, Ace Combat 6, Joint Assault and Skies of Incursion…..I'm kinda hoping they don't make a new one quickly.

I missed out on Zero and 6, but frankly I was impressed enough with 4 and 5. Personally, I always favored 5 over 4, simply because the story was much more fleshed out – yes, you've still ascended to the pantheon as the undisputed god of dogfighting, but the player character seemed much less of a cold-hearted killing machine than did Mobius 1, if only by association. And the sinking of the Kestrel hit me right in the feels. More than did Chopper's death, even.

I never played Assault Horizon, either, though it wouldn't seem I missed much. If a new game is on the way, I'd imagine Namco would see the fault in essentially making the game essentially Call of Duty with airplanes. I didn't see a lot of reviews calling AH a bad game, but most of them just complained that it didn't stay true to the series.

And because it figures we can't even make two posts without mentioning the soundtrack…

Last edited Oct 18, 2012 at 02:46AM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

How 'bout Assault Horizon Legacy/3D Cross Rumble?

P.S. AC6 was good IMO

I have to say that aside from the "Close Range Assault" mechanics, the helicopter missions, the bomber mission and the AC-130 mission, I think I'd keep most everything from Assault Horizon.

Especially "Steel Carnage".

Last edited Oct 18, 2012 at 03:43AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!