18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Attack on Titan General

Last posted May 29, 2020 at 03:03PM EDT. Added Apr 26, 2013 at 08:30PM EDT
501 posts from 74 users

Spider-Byte wrote:

Damn it thought was some kind of Arkham City aftermath comic or something

Anyway looks kinda interesting but anyway got a basic summary premise of it.

Yo dawg, I heard you like the word anyways, but anyways I anyways the anyway so you can anyways while you anyway.

Anyways, the next episode airs today I believe.

Funny, I started watching this last night, and that's strange for me because I hardly ever watch anime. Anyway, it's fricken epic as hell, much darker than any anime I've watched before. Looking forward to seeing more of it in the future.

Watching new anime series?
Starting anime threads?
Claiming waifus?
Dac, what have we done to you?

I have been pretty out of the loop as far as new anime is concerned, but hell I might actually check this one out.

Wait a minute, did the opening use panels from the manga? That's pretty interesting, I've never seen that before.

Last edited Apr 28, 2013 at 03:08PM EDT

YO, WORTHLESS LIVESTOCK.

Episode 4 has been subbed.
(^・ω・^=)~

Those Titans better their anuses and trapezii.

CUZ AN ANGRY FUCKING KID WITH PTSD, 16 SWORDS AND PARKOUR GEAR IS COMIN' TO FUCK YO SHIT

%{font-size:36pt}GGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR%
Last edited Apr 28, 2013 at 05:24PM EDT

404 user not found wrote:

You would think they would give a melee unit more body armour.

No amount of armor could stop a Titan. Might as well just have them as light and maneuverable as possible.

badsitrep wrote:

Five episodes in, and people are already shipping characters.

WTF, internet?

STAHP

This is thee internet, you should embrace that king of thing no matter what. Besides, at least it's not crossed over to Rule 34 yet (well I hope not anyway).

Twenty-One wrote:

This is thee internet, you should embrace that king of thing no matter what. Besides, at least it's not crossed over to Rule 34 yet (well I hope not anyway).

Oh ye of little faith, what do you think I've been wanking to?
Also remember that while its only 5 episodes in, the manga is much further along.

Last edited May 09, 2013 at 06:05PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Oh ye of little faith, what do you think I've been wanking to?
Also remember that while its only 5 episodes in, the manga is much further along.

Yeah, I've been a fan of the manga since before the anime. Anyway, I was wondering, what are they going to do with the show's plotline when they catch up with the manga's plotline? Will they give it an original story like with FMA?

Saw the first 4 episodes, and ffffffffuck I'm obsessed about this anime now. The animation, the art style, the characters, the feels, the potatoes! Unfortunately, I could only find the first 4 episodes in decent quality, and then crunchyroll only had a sample clip of episode 5 unless I had one of their crummy memberships. Also unfortunately, my boyfriend and I wanna watch them together so I can't just watch the new episodes anytime I want D= I want to read the manga too, but my boyfriend said that wouldn't be fair cus then I'd know what happened before him. But you know what? I might say screw it and read the manga anyway or I'll just be a pussy and not read them because I would feel super guilty if I did

So unfortunately I will be rather absent from this thread when new episode discussion is going on ={

Say, where do you guys usually watch the episodes?

Crimson Locks wrote:

Saw the first 4 episodes, and ffffffffuck I'm obsessed about this anime now. The animation, the art style, the characters, the feels, the potatoes! Unfortunately, I could only find the first 4 episodes in decent quality, and then crunchyroll only had a sample clip of episode 5 unless I had one of their crummy memberships. Also unfortunately, my boyfriend and I wanna watch them together so I can't just watch the new episodes anytime I want D= I want to read the manga too, but my boyfriend said that wouldn't be fair cus then I'd know what happened before him. But you know what? I might say screw it and read the manga anyway or I'll just be a pussy and not read them because I would feel super guilty if I did

So unfortunately I will be rather absent from this thread when new episode discussion is going on ={

Say, where do you guys usually watch the episodes?

I just watch it wherever it's up first. For anyone who's interested, the episode 6 sub is here

I would like to discuss this show, but I'm not sure where most of you guys are at and wouldn't want to spoil anything. All I'm gonna say is that I ship Mikeren and Armin is a baby back bitch.

Dac wrote:

I would like to discuss this show, but I'm not sure where most of you guys are at and wouldn't want to spoil anything. All I'm gonna say is that I ship Mikeren and Armin is a baby back bitch.

I've already read the manga, just couldn't wait for the next episode.
But two things:
1. Don't talk shit bout my waifu.

2. Here's your precious Mikeren.

MDFification wrote:

Also this show taught me that in the grim darkness of the future, flintlocks are back in style for some reason.

This is set in the future? I wasn't sure, I thought it was set in the past of an alternate universe (based on the architectural style, the civilian's clothing, etc)

Dac wrote:

I haven't read the manga, so mabye he gets better, but I seriously hate armin.

Nooooooooooope Armin doesn't really contribute a thing to the story as a whole (He does make one discovery, which I won't spoil for you guys). Also, this:

Dac wrote:

I haven't read the manga, so mabye he gets better, but I seriously hate armin.

@Crimson Locks
I'm pretty sure your theory is correct, it's probably an alternate universe, there's been no indication so far that this series takes place in the future, unless…
Attack on Titan is meant to be taking literally, the humans are actually space colonists sent to Saturn's moon, Titan, the reason why there are so many natural resources inside the walls is because that location was chosen for an ideal settlement, but they've forgotten this due to their records being lost when the titans attacked. The titans themselves are actually genetically engineered humans created to move heavy objects/survive in uninhabitable environments, and they rebelled when the humans made them too stupid to follow orders. There you are, everyone, sorry for the spoilers.

I actually haven't quite watched enough of the show to make a complete opinion on Armin or his usefulness (I haven't made a complete opinion on any of the characters, for that matter) all I know is that I like him so far. I will let you live for now, Dac, but you'd better watch your back.

Is it bad that I find those titan schoolgirl gifs way more terrifying than the actual show?

Last edited May 14, 2013 at 02:46PM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

This is set in the future? I wasn't sure, I thought it was set in the past of an alternate universe (based on the architectural style, the civilian's clothing, etc)

Nope, it's set it the past (The first episode is set in the year 845)

Twenty-One wrote:

Nope, it's set it the past (The first episode is set in the year 845)

I was under the assumption that the year 845 corresponded with how many years it had been since the Titans first appeared. I haven't read the manga in a while but I don't remember it talking about any kind of history before the Titans appeared. So I think it might be possible that the setting is Earth in the future and the surviving Humans suffered an extreme regression in technology after several centuries behind the walls.

level4outbreak wrote:

I was under the assumption that the year 845 corresponded with how many years it had been since the Titans first appeared. I haven't read the manga in a while but I don't remember it talking about any kind of history before the Titans appeared. So I think it might be possible that the setting is Earth in the future and the surviving Humans suffered an extreme regression in technology after several centuries behind the walls.

No, because it states that the titans had started appearing and attacking around the year 738, and the walls were built in 745, 100 years before the start of the series.

Twenty-One wrote:

No, because it states that the titans had started appearing and attacking around the year 738, and the walls were built in 745, 100 years before the start of the series.

"One hundred years prior to the beginning of the story, giant humanoid creatures called titans have forced humanity to devolve to a medieval level of technology and to retreat into a system of concentric walls known as Wall Maria(outermost), Wall Rose(middle), and Wall Sina(inner). Inside these walls, humanity lives in peace for one hundred years, until a sudden attack by a gigantic sixty meter titan and a smaller titan covered in armor plates causes the outermost wall to be lost, beginning the story."

According to Wikipedia. I honestly prefer it being that they were from an alternate version of the past, but that would explain how they developed the 3-D maneuver gear.

After watching episode 6:
I'm sorry. I was unaware Eren's real name was CAPTAIN AWESOME MCGETTINSHITDONE

It's a shame he got eaten.
Last edited May 14, 2013 at 11:58PM EDT

Greetings! You must login or signup first!