Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Sticky Sticky
KYM Intensive Care

Last posted Sep 15, 2021 at 06:47AM EDT. Added Jan 29, 2015 at 02:36PM EST
28 posts from 11 users

There is a lot of entries floating around the kym database that are poorly made, however, few these are based on memes with a lot of potential.

Searching around you can find a surprising amout of valid entries with little to no work done, some of them even popular, the point of this thread is to find these entries and rewrite them so they look more fancy.

In this google doc, you can see a number of entries we have found so far that need work

The doc is free to edit, so if anyone has any entry that needs editing, feel free to add it.

if anyone wants to edit one of the entries in the doc ask here, mostly because most of the entries are by people that wont probably answer to your editorship requests

Last edited Jan 29, 2015 at 06:48PM EST

Can you add Forced Meme to the list? It's a very common internet term and is very relevant to this site, but they entry's just been left in submission and forgotten. Also, we should add any memes that are provably forced as sub-entries.

Snickerway wrote:

Can you add Forced Meme to the list? It's a very common internet term and is very relevant to this site, but they entry's just been left in submission and forgotten. Also, we should add any memes that are provably forced as sub-entries.

It's an open list, anyone can edit anything.

Do you think we should give descriptions of what we think needs fixing on the articles?

Precious Roy wrote:

It's an open list, anyone can edit anything.

Do you think we should give descriptions of what we think needs fixing on the articles?

We'd probably ought to. The issue with the article could be anything from needing a full overhaul to the article simply being out of date.

hey guys, cute master came up with an alternative idea.

basically instead of having to wait to add everyone to editorship, we can create google docs for each page that needs fixing, so everyone can jump in and edit the entry for any needs.

we can also add a section for crediting everyone that edited said page in the doc.

right now im unable to create docs for entries tho.

we are gonna put a big list with the google docs of all entries we need to finish very soon.

Last edited Jan 30, 2015 at 01:18PM EST

Alright.
Everyone, if you want to apply for editorship of an entry, especially an older one, please use the "ask for editorship" option already available on the site. It sends a message to everyone from the staff and the mod team. That way, we can get to you more quickly than by browsing through the forum.
Thank you.

Tomberry wrote:

Alright.
Everyone, if you want to apply for editorship of an entry, especially an older one, please use the "ask for editorship" option already available on the site. It sends a message to everyone from the staff and the mod team. That way, we can get to you more quickly than by browsing through the forum.
Thank you.

haha sorry tomb, i didint knew thats how it worked.

Precious Roy wrote:

Does the Panty and Stocking page look like it needs to be fixed at all?

I'd say it needs a fixing. For starters, it lacks a Search Interest graph from Google Trends. Another thing it's missing as a subculture page is a History section. Lastly, it lacks an Impact section and there is no mention about the Fandom at all (Wiki, Deviantart, etc.) If it isn't fixed yet when I'm finished with Getting Real Tired of Your Shit I may just ask for editorship on P&S.

Onion Syrup wrote:

I'd say it needs a fixing. For starters, it lacks a Search Interest graph from Google Trends. Another thing it's missing as a subculture page is a History section. Lastly, it lacks an Impact section and there is no mention about the Fandom at all (Wiki, Deviantart, etc.) If it isn't fixed yet when I'm finished with Getting Real Tired of Your Shit I may just ask for editorship on P&S.

I've already asked for editorship, I'm waiting for approval.

Onion Syrup wrote:

So uhm I fixed the It's No Use entry. From a two-sentence flop it's got just about everything fixed up except for External Reference. Where do I ask for mods to un-deadpool an entry? It kinda has potential.

Te mods usually hang out in the IRC, try there.

Remember, just because no one posts in this topic doesn't mean it's over. We still have a lot to do.

Forum mods, maybe you can sticky this topic?

Last edited Mar 02, 2015 at 01:40PM EST

This document itself needs to be cleaned up as well. Most of the memes listed here look adequately researched and have well written entries. I don't really want to tamper with it though, since there might be reasons some of these are listed that I don't see.

I know this thread is really old but there isn't any other thread with this kind of info in it and I was in the mood to edit entries tonight.

Last edited Mar 28, 2016 at 10:33PM EDT

Hey! You must login or signup first!