Forums / Discussion / General

170,270 total conversations in 5,456 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

Zarathh wrote:

Here’s a topic that I’ve had in my head for a while. I’ve seen a lot of TF2/MLP crossovers lately, but neither one is the same. So, if the TF2 and MLP worlds collided, who would be which class? This includes Saxton Hale and the Administrator too.
This is my list:
Rainbow Dash as Scout
Pinkie as Pyro
Fluttershy as Medic
Spike as Soldier
Zecora as Demoman
Twi as Sniper
AJ as Engi
Rarity as Spy
Iron Will as Heavy
The Chunky pony as Saxton Hale
Discord as Administrator

Anyone else have any other ideas?

Most of your choices are pretty much the standard picks (with Big Mac as Heavy, though).

My one change?
Flip Pinkie and Spike.
Spike fits as Pyro because of his fire-breath.
Pinkie’s party cannon and general love of soaring through the air in ridiculous ways while causing untold chaos makes her a good soldier.

@RockBreaker
For pictures and gifs, just put the url of the image (right click on it, copy image location) between two exclamation points.
eg: ! url ! without the spaces.

Youtube videos will have a ‘Share’ button underneath them.
Click that, then ‘Embed,’ and copy the code it gives you into your comment.

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 06:58PM EDT
Jun 12, 2012 at 06:53PM EDT
Quote

RockBreaker17 wrote:

Erm, I apologize for not adding on to the discussion, but as I am a newfag, how do i post Gifs, videos, Etc.? I cannot for the life of me locate anything to help with this.

Mandatory Textile Thread Link

You can find all your answers there.

So for example:

!http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/277/561/bf8.png!

Will turn into:

(yes, I just needed an excuse to post that)
Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 06:58PM EDT
Jun 12, 2012 at 06:57PM EDT
Quote

Hi guys, I’ve recently decided to give up with my old stuff, and start drawing shipping, because that seems to be what the fandom really likes best nowadays. I mean, no one got my obscure pony crossovers with a bunch of random animes that only weaboos would watch. So for my latest work, I’ve decided to go more mainstream.

Here’s Girafarig Derpy having a little fun with Bloomberg:


I hope you all like my new style as much as I do.

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 06:59PM EDT
Jun 12, 2012 at 06:59PM EDT
Quote

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Hi guys, I’ve recently decided to give up with my old stuff, and start drawing shipping, because that seems to be what the fandom really likes best nowadays. I mean, no one got my obscure pony crossovers with a bunch of random animes that only weaboos would watch. So for my latest work, I’ve decided to go more mainstream.

Here’s Girafarig Derpy having a little fun with Bloomberg:


I hope you all like my new style as much as I do.

>MFW

But this is my actual face when would be basically a blank face.

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 07:07PM EDT
Jun 12, 2012 at 07:04PM EDT
Quote

DeadParrot222 wrote:

@Fifths


I feel that I must hug you.
I’m not sure if I will ever let go.

Aw thanks DeadParrot, I’m glad you liked it! Tell me if you write any more awesome stories and maybe I’ll write another song to go with it.

Uh, Deadparrot…you can let go now.

Seriously…

Jun 12, 2012 at 07:05PM EDT
Quote

RockBreaker17 wrote:

Erm, I apologize for not adding on to the discussion, but as I am a newfag, how do i post Gifs, videos, Etc.? I cannot for the life of me locate anything to help with this.

To post images, put the image url (right click on image, go to “view image”, that url) between two “!”s. Magic happens.

You can find out how to do everything else here.

Edit: Random ninja’d me. Oh well.


@TF2 crossovers

Pyro – Pinkie. As the most nonsensical class personality-wise, Pinkie would fit well here.

Medic – Fluttershy. As the one that wants to do the least amount of harm, she fits here.

Heavy – Big Mac. He’s big, that’s enough for a connection.

Scout – Rainbow Dash. She’s fast and has a brash personality, like the scout.

Engineer – Applejack. She’s a hardworker and cares a lot about her trees. That can easily be crossed over to sentries, etc.

Demoman – Most people would say Zecora, because of her foreign-ness, but I’m going to go against the grain and say Berry Punch, as the demo is a drunk.

Spy – Rarity. She wouldn’t be the type to be involved with the constant explosions on the front lines, so she’d use her wits to stab her enemies in the back in a fashion similar to the way she tricked the Diamond Dogs.

Sniper – Twilight, solely because I can’t think of anyone else. She wouldn’t want to be in the front lines, and being a sniper requires a degree of patience.

Soldier – I have no idea. I’ll just say Spike.

Saxton Hale – That giant pegasus with the short wings that says “YEAHHH” a lot.

Announcer – Discord. I would visualize him as watching everything happening whilst giddying maniacally when the payload is nearing the final checkpoint.

And yes, most of these are the common portrayals.

And yes, I’m still Explosives. I just developed a larger vocabulary and willingness to do longer posts out of nowhere. Don’t pretend it hasn’t happened to you before.

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 07:26PM EDT
Jun 12, 2012 at 07:09PM EDT
Quote

Pyro…I have something to ask you…

You’ll get this…

Aw, yes? Thanks sweetie….

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 07:18PM EDT
Jun 12, 2012 at 07:13PM EDT

@TF2 Characters:

Might be a bit out of the ordinary, but here goes:

Administrator: Discord
Redmond Mann: Celestia
Blutarch Mann: Luna
Saxton Hale: Iron Will
Miss Pauling: Gilda
Saxton Hale’s non-slave workers: Flim and Flam
The Horseless Headless Horsemann: Rover
The MONOCULUS!: Krakl
Scout: Rainbow Dash
Soldier: Shining Armor
Pyro: Spike (My body runs WAAAAY over here, and spits my fire! I spit my fire! I SPIT IT OUT!)
Demoman: Pinkie Pie (Causing chaos, explosions, the strongest flight, alcohol, and being a rowdy spirit.)
Heavy: Applejack or Big Mac (Strong ponies with a hardy constitution. Sandvich could be apples)
Engineer: Applebloom (Her special talent is hinted to be building things.)
Medic: Fluttershy (He IS the most sadistic member of the team by a massive margin, but he’s the most non-combat class you have.)
Sniper: Rarity (Be polite, be efficient, and have a plan to kill anybody you meet)
Spy: Twilight (Planning and organizing the perfect strike to lay waste to your enemy. It takes quick wits, a sharp mind, and a back-up plan to be a good Spy. When you are a good Spy? Let’s just say, the other team better hope THEY have a back-up plan.)

I over-analyzed this because I love both so much.

And, yes, this is immensely out of character.

And, no, I don’t give a flying feather.

Jun 12, 2012 at 07:23PM EDT
Quote

The Administrator: Discord
Redmond: Celestia
Blutarch:Luna
Saxton Hale:Iron will
Miss pauling: Screw ball
The Horseless Headless Horseman:Nightmare moon
Monoculus:The Hydra
Scout: Rainbow Dash
Soldier: Ehh….Spike i guess.
Pyro:Pinkie pie (They both tend to Burn things)
Demoman: Either Berry punch or Zecora (Zercora because their both from an African Decent and Berry because both of them have a habit of being drunk all the time.)
Engineer: Applejack
Medic: Fluttershy (She’s the only one i can imagine who wouldn’t fight)
Spy: Rairity (Mainly because their personalities tend to be similar as well as fashion and style.)
Sniper: Twilight (I ran out of people to put her as and it may not make much sense but whatever.)

Jun 12, 2012 at 07:33PM EDT

Hey, I’ve got a question to ask. Why is it that Bronys typically find “The Mysterious Mare Do Well” to be one of the weaker episodes? I really don’t see what was wrong with it. We’ve got super hero antics, Dash being hilariously hammy, even a little bit of delicious continuity where they reference Pinkie’s Pinkie sense. Frankly, it seems to have all the makings of a fan favorite, so why is it that so many remember it as “that one bad episode”?

I mean come on, that’s fucking great.

Jun 12, 2012 at 09:09PM EDT
Quote

@Fifths:

It painted RD in a bad light which was somewhat out of character for her. That, and a lot of people saw her identity coming.

Really, I liked the episode a lot, more than average. I can kinda see why others don’t, though.

Jun 12, 2012 at 09:12PM EDT
Quote

GIANTDAD wrote:

The Administrator: Discord
Redmond: Celestia
Blutarch:Luna
Saxton Hale:Iron will
Miss pauling: Screw ball
The Horseless Headless Horseman:Nightmare moon
Monoculus:The Hydra
Scout: Rainbow Dash
Soldier: Ehh….Spike i guess.
Pyro:Pinkie pie (They both tend to Burn things)
Demoman: Either Berry punch or Zecora (Zercora because their both from an African Decent and Berry because both of them have a habit of being drunk all the time.)
Engineer: Applejack
Medic: Fluttershy (She’s the only one i can imagine who wouldn’t fight)
Spy: Rairity (Mainly because their personalities tend to be similar as well as fashion and style.)
Sniper: Twilight (I ran out of people to put her as and it may not make much sense but whatever.)


the Medic is insane and use healing to fulfill his blood lust
“Zercora because their both from an African Decent” do you really want me to tell why thats wrong?
but pretty nice list

Jun 12, 2012 at 09:14PM EDT
Quote

@TF2 thing

And that, my friends, is best Heavy/Medic pair. It seems a lot more original than the Fluttermedic/Heavy Weapons Mac one.
@Fifths
Eh….I wouldn’t say its a bad episode, but its sure as hell not my favorite. Luna Eclipsed takes that spot.

Jun 12, 2012 at 09:15PM EDT
Quote

Sandstone wrote:

@TF2 thing

And that, my friends, is best Heavy/Medic pair. It seems a lot more original than the Fluttermedic/Heavy Weapons Mac one.
@Fifths
Eh….I wouldn’t say its a bad episode, but its sure as hell not my favorite. Luna Eclipsed takes that spot.

as long as people don’t say the medic is fluttershy because he dons’t fight and he is kind
i will be ok

Jun 12, 2012 at 09:16PM EDT
Quote

UnderWaterTree wrote:

as long as people don’t say the medic is fluttershy because he dons’t fight and he is kind
i will be ok

Yes, he is the most sadistic class, but he is also the one who engages in actively damaging the enemy least often. There are really no characters that are grim sadists in the show. There are several that moderately fit every other class.

RD has the cocky, speedster attitude of the Scout. The Heavy appears to be a ditz, but has a deep mind, while harboring a protective sense for his allies, while being immensely strong, which fits work horses with a strong family bond like Big Mac and Applejack. Applebloom is a fairly clever pony, that has some talent in building things, which fits more or less with the Engineer, who’s a genius with the know-how to operate powerful buildings. The general thought that Twilight is a Sniper and Rarity is a Spy kind of irks me, considering the personalities of the characters. Twilight’s organization skills, wits, and knowledge strike me as decidedly useful for espionage, while Rarity seems to be the kind to avoid getting into the grime and mud, staying up above to aid her team with precision and finesse.

As for the Demoman, Pinkie Pie seems to fit him, what with the chaotic nature, rambunctious attitude, and tendency to cause mayhem and destruction. Zecora might fit, even though he’s Scottish, but I don’t see Berry Punch being an awesome fit (that’d be like using a sandwhich pony for heavy, based entirely upon the sandwhich). The Pyro doesn’t really have a set personality, too much, beyond liking and being immune to fire. Spike more or less fits that, in my opinion.

Finally, we have the Soldier, who I’m iffy on. I picked Shining Armor because they’re both strong protectors who have some level of patriotism, and a protective nature of what matters (MY intelligence!).

For the NPCs, I think there’s little debate, there. The Administrator pulls the strings from behind the scenes, something that fits Discord wonderfully. She’s also cold, cruel, and is not opposed to murder or inciting anger and rage among friends. Luna and Celestia are sisters who have their differences, something that fits for sparking a war between them, a la Redmond and Blutarch. Iron Will’s a bold, masculine salesman with a boisterous attitude, making him a perfect Saxton Hale.

Wow, look at all my opinions, they’re just falling from the sky. It is an opinion, really, so I can’t back it up to much, beyond pointing similarities out. Medic is mostly non-combat, assisting allies and being supportive, something that fits Flutters. He may be a sadistic son of a bitch, but there’s really no pony that could fit that (Pinkamena doesn’t count).

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 09:35PM EDT
Jun 12, 2012 at 09:34PM EDT
Quote

@Fifths
Honestly,

I thought the episode was just fine.
Not my favorite (I’m not really sure I have a favorite), but I certainly liked it and it was by no means the apocalypticly horrible spectale that many people make it out to be.
I had plenty of fun watching it and my only real ‘complaint’ was the predictability of the ending after the Fluttershy fly-by.
Other than that, I liked pretty much everything about it!

Here’s a link to a review that seems to cover most of the common complaints that I have seen (and don’t agree with): REVIEW
In the end, for this guy at least, critics seem to be taking the whole thing way too seriously and treating the disguises as if they were deliberate betrayals and not more ‘prank-level’ deception meant to teach a lesson to a pony who would likely ignore a more direct approach.
Makes no sense to me, but you asked why people hated it, so there you go.

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 09:45PM EDT
Jun 12, 2012 at 09:41PM EDT
Quote

I actually agree with myself on this one. I know of a few people on EqD who were quite vocal in their dislike of the Mare-Do-Well episode, but I quite enjoyed it. Some said that it played up Rainbow Dash in a way they didn’t like, but that’s just silly fanboyism. Others said that they disapproved of the deception the five carried out against her. That is also, to use a term I rarely like, nothing more than a lot of butthurt (in my opinion). Dash refused to listen whenever ponies tried to explain the concept of modesty, so they attempted to demonstrate it instead. It was done not to hurt her, but to teach her. And here’s a brilliant newsflash, she understood, and ultimately had no problem with it, being a heck of a prankster herself.

In summary, it was a good episode, not the best, but that’s only because there are so many others that are really entertaining. In fact, I have at times thought it would be interesting if they ever used the persona of Mare-Do-Well again.

Edit:
@RandomMan.winrar

True, that one I always forget about. Whenever fans get their hopes up about this or that and they end up dashed (pun intended), they have a tendency to get a little whiny about it afterward. I was afraid that would happen with the Royal Wedding episodes, and I was relieved to see that it didn’t. Yes, some people have made complaints against the rushed story of the finale, but the majority of responses I’ve seen to it have been positive. Anyway, the one point on which I disagree is that it wasn’t so much bronies in general as it was hardcore Dashie fanboys that got seriously angry about it. Everyone else just reacted to that irritation, I’d say. There were some extremely emo comics made about it, with the five giving tearful apologies to a distraught Rainbow Dash, nonsense like that.

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 10:21PM EDT
Jun 12, 2012 at 09:45PM EDT
Quote

@Fifths

What a coincidence, I was planning to ask that too this week.

As for the answer, I can’t tell. Most likely because A LOT of headcanons got fucked up. And I really mean A LOT. Many bronies hoped that the mysterious mare would be a background pony getting more attention. Most popular was Trixie, you don’t want to know how many bronies hoped for Trixie. After that the most popular was Derpy (Last Roundup hadn’t aired yet) or other popular background like Doctor Whooves and Lyra.

So when the mysterious mare turned out to be just the main six teaching Rainbow Dash a lesson, people got disappointed. Followed by that was the standard brony overreacting to stuff, hating the episode and finding it the worst one ever. Equestria Daily even made a post about this telling all the fans they were overreacting and should have more respect for the creators, but I can’t seem to find it atm.

Another popular reason for the hate was actually all the fuss. Similar to the derpy incident, the amount of shitstorms was huge. Not liking all the shitstorms, bronies just decided to hate the episode and not wanting to mention it ever again, seeing the episode as the source of the shitstorms. This is partially true, but the real cause were the bronies themselves.

Lastly was the way Rainbow Das was presented in the episode. She really had a bitchy attitude in the episode. Not many bronies respected this. Not seeing how Rainbow Dash is the perfect character for such a bragging role, plus her change of heart at the end of the episode or how she was a town hero, bronies only looked at the negative way she was presented instead of the overall episode.

As for my own opinion. I still don’t get all the fuss. I liked the episode. Still find it one of the better episodes. When I first stumbled across all the speculations, I already knew they all were fake. The episode was already finished months before, no way they were able to make that much change in such a short timeframe and give the fans what they want.

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 10:18PM EDT
Jun 12, 2012 at 09:59PM EDT
Quote

Fifths wrote:

Hey, I’ve got a question to ask. Why is it that Bronys typically find “The Mysterious Mare Do Well” to be one of the weaker episodes? I really don’t see what was wrong with it. We’ve got super hero antics, Dash being hilariously hammy, even a little bit of delicious continuity where they reference Pinkie’s Pinkie sense. Frankly, it seems to have all the makings of a fan favorite, so why is it that so many remember it as “that one bad episode”?

I mean come on, that’s fucking great.

Rainbow Dash fans can’t handle their lord and Saviour’s ego tripping getting the best of her.

That being said… I should get on my “Voice Actors I’d like to see in MLP Vol.4” but I forgot where the first three volumes were…wait did I make four and I’m on Vol.5 now?

Goddammit, I’ll look for it after exams.

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 10:11PM EDT
Jun 12, 2012 at 10:08PM EDT
Quote

@people not hating mare-do-well episode

(And really, Fuck EqD’s commenters. I have no idea how Seth and the other guys put up with it.)

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:28PM EDT
Quote

So, guys?
This is an official piece of advertising from Hasbro!

Not only a crazy Spinal Tap reference, but also the first acknowledgement of the ‘Vinyl Scratch’ name!
She was only called DJ-PON3 in the Equestria Girls video.
AWESOME!
LINK TO SOURCE

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:31PM EDT
Quote


Applebloom was walkin2 skewl wit
Spike n they were crossin da trale.
she sed “bbz wil u luv me 4evr”
He said “NO…”
da filly cryed N galloped across da trale
b4 da green stallion came on the sine.
Spike was cryin and went to pic up her body.
she was ded.
he whsipered 2 her corpse
“I ment 2 sey I will luv u FIVE-ever……”
(dat mean he luv her moar dan 4evr…..)

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 10:34PM EDT
Jun 12, 2012 at 10:33PM EDT
Quote

I didn’t see the sense in the fit people threw over mayor do well at all myself. I understood the reason for the outcry over the moral in Feeling Pinkie Keen to a certain extent, but there wasn’t even anything controversial about MDW. What I’m saying is If they’re actually was, the degree of negativity twords it would have made sense to me, but whatever. Also I just thought Feeling Pinkie Keen was interesting because I totally wasn’t expecting to see an episode about faith v.s skepticism regardless of my stance on it. Also, it was all about Pinkie and Twilight, guise. Pinkie and Twilight! You can’t go wrong when the episode is all about the best ponies, guise.

srsly.

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:36PM EDT
Quote

Fifths wrote:

Hey, I’ve got a question to ask. Why is it that Bronys typically find “The Mysterious Mare Do Well” to be one of the weaker episodes? I really don’t see what was wrong with it. We’ve got super hero antics, Dash being hilariously hammy, even a little bit of delicious continuity where they reference Pinkie’s Pinkie sense. Frankly, it seems to have all the makings of a fan favorite, so why is it that so many remember it as “that one bad episode”?

I mean come on, that’s fucking great.

Because some bronies keep forgetting just who the show is meant for.

I wasn’t in the fandom when the episode was released, so I won’t have much to say, but I never thought it was that bad. It might be a bit low on my least favorite episodes list, but only because I like a good deal of episodes more than that one.

On one hand, you have the complaint that it was too predictable. But that didn’t stop anyone from liking 95% of all the other episodes. Then there’s the complaint that it doesn’t make sense in that the episode’s lesson is not to brag, yet the Mane 6 (minus RD) continually commend MMDW’s antics.

Then there is of course the possibility that RD was being “put to shame”, but the episode appears to be hated by non-Rainbow fans as well. Also, just about all of the Mane 6 have been “put to shame” in one episode or another. Rarity, for example, rejected her friends for a good part of “Sweet and Elite”, but to my knowledge, the episode has been positively received.

I could state more excuses, but I have finals tomorrow, so I’m going to leave off with this: The real reason I think the episode is hated is simply because bronies expect too much of the show. Every episode seems to have left a character (Trixie, Fancypants, etc), character reveal (Pinkie-sense, Pinkie’s stash of balls, etc), or addition to the world (Ponyville’s origins, Cerberus, etc) in it’s legacy with the exception of this one. Thus, bronies became disappointed with it. To add on to this, there have been no notable MMDW fads after the release of the episode (that I know of).

Once again, I wasn’t “around” at the time, so my insight might not be the most valuable.

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 10:43PM EDT
Jun 12, 2012 at 10:40PM EDT
Quote


(This will be my one and only post to do with spirit week on this thread today.)

As for the Mare-Do-Well episode, I really liked it. I don’t really know why the others hate it either. I thought it was a pretty good episode.

EDIT: If this image starts something about the characters sexuality, I want to say that I do not want to get involved in anything.

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 10:47PM EDT
Jun 12, 2012 at 10:41PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:


Applebloom was walkin2 skewl wit
Spike n they were crossin da trale.
she sed “bbz wil u luv me 4evr”
He said “NO…”
da filly cryed N galloped across da trale
b4 da green stallion came on the sine.
Spike was cryin and went to pic up her body.
she was ded.
he whsipered 2 her corpse
“I ment 2 sey I will luv u FIVE-ever……”
(dat mean he luv her moar dan 4evr…..)

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:42PM EDT
Quote

@Fifths

Well said me, and might I say you’re looking particularly dashing this fine day. We should hang out some time.

@Burning_Phoenix, Random_Man

See, I don’t understand that. I like Dash because the fact that she’s an awesome stunt flier and all, but if that were her only attribute, then she sure wouldn’t be best pony, not by a long shot. What makes me like Dash so much is largely in due to her short comings, the fact that she can do such a splendid job of hamming it up, the fact that her bluntness and mischeviousness can get to a point where they might actually hurt others.

I’ve often wondered why this has endeared her to me instead of making her come across as an asshole, and I think the reason is that you know that she doesn’t mean to hurt anyone at the end of the day, she just kind of gets away from herself sometimes. It all breathes an incredible sense of life and humanity into the character, all of which the Mare Do Well episode does a beautiful job of portraying.

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:48PM EDT
Quote

@Fifths

Rainbow Dash is by no means my favorite pony or least favorite pony, but what I really liked about this episode was its willingness to portray one of the main characters in a negative light, make you not like Rainbow Dash only for it to all be okay when she learns her lesson at the end. Apart from Suited for Success making me hate everyone but Rarity (how is this possible?) and Secret of my Excess making me hate Spike, it’s not something you see a whole lot ever in any show, really.

@My Little Fortress

Daring Do is better Scout than Rainbow Dash by virtue of “Daring Do is best pony.”

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 11:08PM EDT
Jun 12, 2012 at 10:55PM EDT
Quote


Yeah… anybody know a method to clean the scent of troll off ya?
@Fifths(?) That is a great point. Her character does tend to get more or less shallow through some of the episodes. That is why I like the Mare Do Well episode. That and Hurricane Fluttershy. They both just show Dash and her struggle of trying to be a good friend while trying to control her ego and rough around the edges personality that get in her way. I want fries now.

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 11:06PM EDT
Jun 12, 2012 at 11:04PM EDT
Quote

Bah, I decided to change from the y u no guy to Slendy, cause he’s best meme.
Hello, all…

Again, with the Mare-Do-Well episode. I don’t really remember it that well, so I’m going from what I remember. If you guys are complaining about RD being bitchy in that episode, she was only being bitchy because she didn’t wanna get up-staged by Mare-Do-Well, and that’s what caused her downfall.

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 11:22PM EDT
Jun 12, 2012 at 11:20PM EDT
Quote

@Zarathh:

Mare-Do-Well was made to stop RD from being bitchy. RD was having her ego inflated from receiving praise for helping people, and she was getting boastful and braggy. The others made the MDW to upstage her while being modest and dodging praise to show her how to be a hero and to teach her a lesson.

Jun 12, 2012 at 11:26PM EDT
Quote

@Fifths
That’s pretty much what I like about her, too.
In those times where she comes across as rude or abrasive, I rarely feel like she is being deliberately ‘bad.’
She’s just fast, both literally and in terms of her body reacting before her brain sometimes.
There’s that joke that AJ and RD’s elements were switched and RD should be honesty because of her tendency to blurt out the ‘truth’ (’Rarity’s not a laughingstock.’ -> ‘She kinda is!’) but I don’t buy it because her honesty isn’t really a conscious character choice.
It’s just an (endearing) inability to keep her mouth shut at times.
Plus, even when she’s being a little jerky, she’s still cute as hell!
So, in conclusion:

RD’s my favorite of the six because, well, if she’s good enough for Faust, she’s good enough for me!
(RD being based on Firefly, Faust’s favorite G1 pony)

Jun 12, 2012 at 11:29PM EDT
Quote

@ Mare Do Well episode
I can understand why some people don’t like that episode. I see most of you have already commented on it so I won’t go into details. I will say however, that I did like that episode. In fact, it’s one of my favorite Rainbow Dash episodes, but there has been one thing on my mind ever since watching it: the water dam. I mean, why does Ponyville have a water dam? First of all, does Ponyville go through enough electricity to need a water dam? Second, I thought everything electronic ran on magic. Third, does Equestria use other forms of power? Wind power? Solar power? Nuclear power? I’m not the only one thinking this right?

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:22AM EDT
Quote

@MMDW discussion
This discussion seems to lack any mention of Merriwether Williams. While all of you make valid points, I seem to recall a lot of people blaming the writer Merriwether Williams for the episode being OMG, SO TERIBUL. I recall a lot of people on Ponychan dissing the episode due to what seemed like inappropriate bias against a writer, simply because it was her first episode on the show and she was less fmiliar with the characters.

On an unrelated not, I had to do a media review for my Public Speaking class in college. You’ll never guess what I reviewed!

Fake edit:
Sorry for the low quality video. This assignment was almost late, so I was stuck with this terribly compressed version to avoid being tardy.

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:24AM EDT
Quote

@DeadParrot

Concerning their element assignment, Dash really isn’t as honest as she is “lacking in all tact”If there were to be a form of honesty for Plato to wax philosophically about, I would say it would be embodied in just a general life attitude to look at the reality of things squarely, not lying to others or yourself about it, which Dash doesn’t seem to embody. I will tell you this though, if I were friends with the main six and I had, say, a bully picking on me, here’s what I would expect to happen. Fluttershy would offer sympathies, Pinkie Pie would try to pick my spirits up with a party, Rarity would get catty and gossip about what a miserable lout the bully was, Twilight would offer some wise proverb about how bullies never prosper, and AJ would begin discussing plans to deal with this problem. Dash wouldn’t be there, she’d be out kicking the shit out of the bully.

Dash is the friend who might not be the most polite and gentle, but she’s also the one you KNOW has your back when it comes down to it no matter what.

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:46AM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:


Applebloom was walkin2 skewl wit
Spike n they were crossin da trale.
she sed “bbz wil u luv me 4evr”
He said “NO…”
da filly cryed N galloped across da trale
b4 da green stallion came on the sine.
Spike was cryin and went to pic up her body.
she was ded.
he whsipered 2 her corpse
“I ment 2 sey I will luv u FIVE-ever……”
(dat mean he luv her moar dan 4evr…..)

Liek if you crie every tiem ;_;

Jun 13, 2012 at 01:07AM EDT

GIANTDAD wrote:

Liek if you crie every tiem ;_;

I don’t cry to that all the time.I only cry sometimes when I’m lying in bed, just to get that sad story out of my head.







HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA!!!!

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 01:29AM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 01:28AM EDT
Quote

@Slinker:
I can give you a hug if you like, but it’ll cost you 20 dollars. So far no one’s wanted to hug me though. I don’t seem to know why.

Jun 13, 2012 at 02:09AM EDT
Quote

@Pyrus

Well, I dislike that big mouth of yours! GRRRR!! IT MAKES ME SO MAD I COULD JUST KILL SOMETHING!!!!!

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 03:15AM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 03:11AM EDT
Quote

Millennial Dan wrote:

@Pyrus

Well, I dislike that big mouth of yours! GRRRR!! IT MAKES ME SO MAD I COULD JUST KILL SOMETHING!!!!!

Ah yes. The back massage. Silly Fluttershy, you.

Jun 13, 2012 at 03:17AM EDT
Quote

Millennial Dan wrote:

@Pyrus

Well, I dislike that big mouth of yours! GRRRR!! IT MAKES ME SO MAD I COULD JUST KILL SOMETHING!!!!!

Jun 13, 2012 at 03:18AM EDT
Quote

@Derpy Hooves

Oh, that’s funny. You’re pretty funny, AREN’T YOU DERPY?! And YOU Lyra! Are you making fun of me too? You laugh at me, I WRATH AT YOU!!!



Aw, who am I kidding, I can’t stay mad at you two. I JUST LOVE YOU GUYS.




Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

@disturbedbrony

True, Ponyville doesn’t seem like it’d really require the amount of power that is produced by a hydroelectric dam of that size. The odd thing is, for that scene to work, they could have used a levee or some other flood-control structure, but they very intentionally showed those electrical transformers or whatever they were. I guess we could just assume that a great deal of that power is outsourced to some other cities, especially ones like Manehattan or Philydelphia, as those seem to be cities more reliant on technology. Good enough for me anyway.

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 03:51AM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 03:46AM EDT
Quote

MFW I finished my last exam today:

(You might think I’m exaggerating here, but that gif is actually pretty accurate. My last exam was on maths, and by some miracle I freakin’ nailed it.)

I’ve got about 4 months of summer ahead of me and I have absolutely nothing important to do, so I guess that means you’ll be seeing a lot more of me around here. This’ll also give me a chance to get back into fanfics, since I’ve been too occupied with work recently to really enjoy them.

Seriously, this is like, the best day ever.


@MMDW discussion
It seems like pretty much everyone here agrees that it was actually a pretty good episode, but I still don’t like it anywhere near as much as some of the others. It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly what the problems were, but something about it just felt different, and not in a good way. The way a lot of the characters behaved and interacted with each other just seemed a little off at times, and I think the pacing of the story could have been better. There’s also the problem of the ending, which seemed rushed and a bit forced to me.

This isn’t the only episode where I feel like something was off, as I also felt the same about Cutie Pox, May the Best Pet Win, and MMMystery on the Friendship Express to some extent. I think it might be because those episodes have a larger focus on action scenes than the interactions between the mane 6, which is something I consider to be one of the main highlights of the show.

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 11:21AM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 11:18AM EDT
Quote

@About the dam
Yeah, Ponyville probably doesn’t need the power, but you don’t necessarily build a dam where you need the power.
You build it where you can get the power.
Lots of power plants are built quite some distance from the major centers that they service simply because they need something (usually a large water supply) that the city doesn’t have nearby.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:20AM EDT
Quote

@Algernon

Congratulations! Math exams are always a bugger. Glad you did well!
--
@dam
Well, one resource can only go so far. True, magic would seem like the dominant source of power, but when that doesn’t deliver enough power, then you’re going to have to find alternate sources of energy.
As for other sources of energy besides dam and magic, I can’t think of any right now. I would assume steam and coal-power for vehicles like the train (if I remember correctly).
--
Well, there is other news…Er….
could you please explain, Nightmare moon…

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:30AM EDT
Quote

@Guile

F### NO!
She set me up with a date with the changling queen!
That’s the news!
Yeesh, man.

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 11:41AM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 11:40AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!