Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10166 posts from 235 users

Memelord wrote:

joins a tf2 server
see a few people with the name rainbow dash and a few with mlp Avatars
i say mlp sucks
all the bronies get mad and call me an idiot
is it really that easy thank god KYM isn't like that

It's all about context, for instance, if I where on that server you'd be stuck to the wall with a mailbox shoved up your arse. It's a more competitive environment.

Zarathh wrote:

@Windigo:
The song you picked for Fluttershy is based on a short story by Ray Bradbury called The Veldt. It's a pretty good story too, I suggest you read it if you want to get the meaning of the song.

I love love love Ray Bradbury's work. "The Martian Chronicles" is my favorite.

As for the song, I like how the upbeat, shimmery synth contrasts with the melancholy background instrumentation and vocals. It's fucking beautiful and deserves a hell of a lot more recognition.

Also, I thought the idea of someone getting absorbed in a world of animals (as described in the story) suited Fluttershy well.

Hey guys. This is my first time posting up something on these forums (I've read through the comment section lately and found out about this so… yeah, I decided that I should respectfully post a topic on here for discussion purposes only and thought I should tell you guys something that's been going around on Youtube lately…

I've found something that will hurt/harm our community a lot more . Their is a Youtuber by the name of "MyLittleSpaghetti" and this person most recently has been uploading deleted videos from previous brony videos that has been getting tons of negative down votes and he's doing this for "educational purposes". Now, I don't believe this person's purpose for what he/she is trying to get out of from this, but this is simply putting prejudice on our community and this is just down right ignorant…

Link to MyLittleSpaghetti

Also, I don't want this to be posted on the comment sections so PLEASE don't bring out a shit storm…

I missed the apocalypse of the previous thread. Dammit, why must I always be asleep when this happens?

Anyway the last discussion topic of the previous thread was Bronycon: Verboses panel and also the epic pony anthology video. Shall we continue from there? I demands Bronycon updatess!

@Dick

So some guy is trying to keep record of video's from the darkest possible corner of the fandom? All I see is a bunch of freakshow video's. Typical internet stuff, can't say I care too much.

Is this guy trying to make any statements? His motives are not very clear.

Also when you say he has been uploading formerly deleted video's, do you mean he was uploading them here? Doing that could warrant a ban here.

chowzburgerz wrote:

So, since Time Turner, Mayor Mare, DJ Pon-3, Octavia, Lyra, and Gold Harvest has been canonized, what will happen to our friend Derpy?

Derpy is canon. Even if her name was taken out of the show for whatever reason, she was mentioned once and that's good enough.

Also, Hasbro is making a limited edition Derpy toy for Comic-Con.

Seriously? NO ONE has drawn Daring Do as Han Solo? Honestly, the Internet ought to be drowning in pictures of that. No one loves the best pony, I guess…

And animation update! Am very close to finishing my Flash build of Daring Do! I just need the eyes, shirt and colors on the mane and tail. I've decided my next project will be a short, no-plot-needed dungeon crawl with some sort of shiny MacGuffin at the end.

Last edited Jul 02, 2012 at 03:31AM EDT

@Windigo
Chrysalis, a force that defeated celestia and invaded canterlot with an army of shapeshifters, alonside Discord, who nearly plunged equestria into chaos and almost broke up the Mane 6, working together?

Last edited Jul 02, 2012 at 10:20AM EDT

@Windigo

…well s###.

Anyway, this is gonna be my last post for a while. Gonna take a break and focus on other matters while I'm gone.
PM me if you need anything, and don't be afraid to post on my wall.
Yes, I most definitely will accept Chrysalis. Just two rules:
-No R34
-No over-the-top sexualizations.
Seductive/sexy is okay, but that's my limit.
Have fun bros.

@Windigo
If that is truly implying a Discord/Chrysalis team-up, that would be insane!

Their two 'strategies' are largely different, but one thing they definitely have in common is their love of manipulation and deceit.
Lots of room for fun there, especially when combined with magic.

Discord and Chrysalis: Tag Team Bullies Extraordinaires!

I missed yet another thread ending :(

I'm pretty inactive for a while guys, visiting family for the next couple of weeks so enjoy your time without tl;dr :(

burning_phoneix wrote:

I missed yet another thread ending :(

I'm pretty inactive for a while guys, visiting family for the next couple of weeks so enjoy your time without tl;dr :(

Which tl;dr's? You're not Verbose. Verbose is our tl;dr king. After that are most likely Fifths, Twins, me, Dac and Deadparrot. Your average length of posts is even below Connor's.

@Possible Discord/Chrysalis team-up
Yeah, I predict it'll starting out as an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing. However, a problem would quickly arise because, in essence, Chrysalis wants

but Discord wants

And I'm pretty sure neither of them are exactly willing to share.

Last edited Jul 02, 2012 at 01:19PM EDT

@Yahoo Article
It's always nice to see another media outlet choose to do actual reporting over horribly biased smear jobs, so thank you Yahoo! (or whoever did that report for them.)
Even the comments seem unusually level-headed for the most part.
Wait a minute!
Civility? On the INTERNET?!

@Discord/Chrysalis
More of these because Weaver is awesome!

@Windigo
Yeah, there's no way they could stay allied for too long, but i would be gold while it lasts.
You just know that Discord is going to piss her off eventually.

chowzburgerz wrote:

If you use Yahoo as your #1 news source, then you're going to have a bad time.

My logic scanners are detecting a dramatic amount of stupidity and false-consensus effect in the comment section. There also seems to be a number of users who care about what others do in their time, and projecting what they believe to be acceptable rather than using that time to do something productive. Finally, there seems to be a number of users who seem to try to connect ones sexual orientation with what they do in their own time even though there is no scientific evidence to support this claim. But then again mankind is full of idiocy and the internet serves as a pantheon to advocate ones opinion no matter how stupid or misinformed it is.

Last edited Jul 02, 2012 at 02:54PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Which tl;dr's? You're not Verbose. Verbose is our tl;dr king. After that are most likely Fifths, Twins, me, Dac and Deadparrot. Your average length of posts is even below Connor's.

Naturally.

The best part about this statement is that short blurbs are all Verbose has posted in weeks. Just sayin.

Last edited Jul 02, 2012 at 03:02PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Wait? I am known for tl:dr posts now? I've changed a lot since I joined I guess.

@Dan
Verbose has long been the king. Don't be dissin him son or I'll pop a cap in yo bitch ass

Last edited Jul 02, 2012 at 03:07PM EDT

@Yahoo article
I went through the comments and fished out a few.

"I grew up watching MLP and I loved them! I haven't seen any of the new ones…but I'm totally going to Youtube them right now and see what all this new hoopla is about!"

"o_O i didnt even bother to read the article..I just ame right to the comments..i mean…SERIOUSLY???"

"They like to ride the baloney pony"

And my favorite:

"My little pony? Psshh. REAL men are into StrawBerry Shortcake…. RAWR"

Dac wrote:

Wait? I am known for tl:dr posts now? I've changed a lot since I joined I guess.

@Dan
Verbose has long been the king. Don't be dissin him son or I'll pop a cap in yo bitch ass

Actually yeah. Your TL;DRs are a shorter on average than other people's, and are often filled with punctuation and spelling errors, but you do tend to make long posts more often than others

And do not underestimate Verbose's capacity for TL;DR. Right now he's sort of busy, outside of Pony General and IRL, but his raw ability to write long, coherent, persuasive and, well, verbose posts can no be understated at all. You should take a look back at Pony General IV. shudders

They really should have gone further with the pony cards and make it into a full fledged TCG that you could actually play with. Give the ponies some stats, write up some rules, give them a rarity (harharhar), make holos, organize tournaments, etc. That would be really cool.

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Actually yeah. Your TL;DRs are a shorter on average than other people's, and are often filled with punctuation and spelling errors, but you do tend to make long posts more often than others

And do not underestimate Verbose's capacity for TL;DR. Right now he's sort of busy, outside of Pony General and IRL, but his raw ability to write long, coherent, persuasive and, well, verbose posts can no be understated at all. You should take a look back at Pony General IV. shudders

They really should have gone further with the pony cards and make it into a full fledged TCG that you could actually play with. Give the ponies some stats, write up some rules, give them a rarity (harharhar), make holos, organize tournaments, etc. That would be really cool.

In my defense, I type on my iPhone and don't bother to check for errors. Not to sound like a cunt, but this isn't an essay for a class. I don't care as long as I get my point across, but yeah, I know I fuck up. Damn thumbs are too big for texting.

DeadParrot222 wrote:

What's going on in here?

Oh, you know, we're just sitting here, smiling… because we're just… so happy…

@Twins

I'm picturing it now

Player1: "I play Rarity in attack mode! Rarity, attack Twilight Sparkle with sewing needles!"

Player2: "You activate my trap card: teleportation! Twilight Sparkle dodges your attack! Now I play my spell card: giant milk bottle! Twilight Sparkle neutralizes your Ursa Minor for 2 turns!

Player1: "Damn your Twilight! She's so overpowered!"

Player2: "Now I play the Cutie mark Crusaders in Attack mode"

Player1: "Wait, you can't summon 3 ponies at once!"

Player2: "Why not?"

Player1: "That's against the rules"

Player2: "Screw the rules, I have money"

@TL;DR's

Verbose doesn't need to make TL;DR's. His legacy has been pretty well secured and won't be changing anytime soon. But frankly he was just at the right place at the right time in order to make that impression. Plus his name and characters adds some extra advantage into drilling that impression into people's minds.

I've noticed plenty of users that are capable of making long winded posts and even do so as much as Verbose but never get recognized for it. Brownmane and Brucker are two good examples

Even I make TL;DR's more often than people notice.

Thing about long posts however is that they are purely situational. Most people only make them when they are needed. As such: I never go out of my way to say more than I need to, I say all there is I have to say and sometimes just I end up saying a lot naturally. But every other time I say only as much as everyone else so I never set the impression of being a long poster

Last edited Jul 02, 2012 at 07:18PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!