Forums / Discussion / General

233,013 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

Neil Armstrong, the First Man on the Moon, has Died

Last posted Sep 15, 2012 at 12:18AM EDT. Added Aug 25, 2012 at 03:26PM EDT
20 posts from 18 users

The very first man to walk on the moon. He's not just an American hero; he truly was a hero of humanity.

Massive respect to him. Rest in peace, man; what with all the conspiracy theories about you not landing on the Moon, you deserve it.

Last edited Aug 25, 2012 at 04:10PM EDT

That is truly an amazing record of your life to hold: To know that you've been on the moon, another object in space, something that you can say nearly no other human has done in existence.

I wrote a little bio about him on Tumblr and couldn't help but tear up a little.

"Space fanatics, I have some sad tidings.

Today, one of the most influential people in the history of 'mankind' left us for that great big spaceship in the sky.

Neil Alden Armstrong, the first man to step on the Moon, died today due to complications from a procedure performed on his coronary arteries. He was 82.

Armstrong is known around the world as the first human to set foot on our Moon, riding on the Apollo 11 shuttle with colleagues Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins. He uttered some of the most chillingly prophetic words ever said after stepping on the surface of our Moon:

'[This is…] one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind.'

With these words, the world ushered in a new era of science and research that became some of the greatest achievements of the human race.

The world laments his passing today, while also celebrating his quite full life. He and the Apollo 11 [team] truly achieved something that seems almost unfathomable.

Goodnight, Sweet Prince."

When I wrote this I cried a little.

Last edited Aug 26, 2012 at 01:11PM EDT

Trollkeeper wrote:

I feel like sort of an asshole for bumping this 2 weeks later, but I only just found this thread and feel like I need to say my respects.

Let it out, my friend. You may say what you need to say.

While I'm here, I think it's worth mentioning that Neil Armstrong was buried at sea today.

Last edited Sep 14, 2012 at 11:19PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!