Forums / Discussion / General

233,020 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

YouTube Has Instated A Hashtag System.

Last posted Nov 10, 2013 at 08:56PM EST. Added Nov 07, 2013 at 12:26PM EST
45 posts from 28 users

meanwhile on Youtube Google headquarters

They don't give a shit about me, they don't give a shit about other users, they don't give a shit about community they are mentioning. They only give a shit about their shitty feature called google+ and money.

Last edited Nov 07, 2013 at 02:07PM EST

Yeah….yeah this has irritated me, a lot.
As if wasn't annoying enough having to link the YT account with Gmail, as if it wasn't annoying enough having it ask me if I want to use my real name over and over…

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

The worst part? It's lost all my recommended channels.

All I see in the recommendations is a bunch of stuff I have no idea of.

Subscriptions are preserved, thankfully.

I'm having this same problem, all my recommended vids are gone.

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

I've just outright subscribed to one of the channels after finding them again.

He mainly does hilarious KSP videos anyway.

It's gotta be Scott Manley right?

I think it is an improvement. I always found YouTube comments terrible, now they are even worse; which makes them funny.
Now I can enjoy the chaos of unlimited spam, fan fiction, stories, bible quotes and doge being plastered all over my screen. Thank you, YouTube.

Last edited Nov 07, 2013 at 06:17PM EST

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

I think it is an improvement. I always found YouTube comments terrible, now they are even worse; which makes them funny.
Now I can enjoy the chaos of unlimited spam, fan fiction, stories, bible quotes and doge being plastered all over my screen. Thank you, YouTube.

If you excuse me, I need to go write a bunch of fan fiction…

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

This belongs in /general/ and I already have a YouTube thread going. /butthurt

Moving

As for the New Youtube changes. I played it smart and refrained from ever posting in that comment hellhole, so I'm completely unaffected.

Seriously Google, Can't you just make one little change without fucking everything up. At this rate they're starting to make the U.S. government look more competent then them.

Last edited Nov 08, 2013 at 01:16AM EST

It is that time again when my palm meets with my forehead.

But maybe what if…Youtube forced you to connect accounts and introduce hashtag system so you would forget the bad decisions they made before that?

The only good change that has come out this week is that now you can switch between small and big video screen with one click again but that pales in comparison of the negative updates.

I find it hilarious that when they made the change they said they made comment threads "more relevant and meaningful" and the comments section on every video was just blank for me.

That Youtube mess makes me wonder if Facebook would be better to have separate accounts with one for communicating with other people and the other for gaming. I know that back in 2012, those Farmville notifications from others were really annoying. Plus having separate accounts is more secure.

On a more serious note; I was just recently thinking about the new comment system and came to a disturbing conclusion after watching Nerd³'s most recent video.

I thought the possibility for spam was terrible before;

But know I have realized that there is a far worse consequence as a result of this change. Spam bots have not been adapted to the new Google+Tube comment system. But once they are upgraded; these comment sections will be spammed to hell with malicious links containing viruses, penises or Nazi related material (because spammers can program them do that, I don't see any reason why they would not do so) and Google can't do a thing about it. Why? Because these comments are directly integrated with Google+, they cannot disable linking or limit the characters of comments without separating YouTube from Google+; Google has no intention to do so. I also believe this will force popular channels too close their comments to control these comments; thus ruining the point of this "upgrade" because it will destroy whatever is left of this commenting community Google wants to create.

Ok, so here's the Pros and Cons so far, in my opinion:

Pros
-no character limit

Cons
-no character limit
-just about everything else

I'm not joking, it really is a mess.

On your sub-accounts you can no longer reply to the people who is not on your g+ circle. You should add that guy to your circle to reply to him..
But you can reply anyone from your main account.

Last edited Nov 10, 2013 at 08:11AM EST

­­­Alex Mercer wrote:

On your sub-accounts you can no longer reply to the people who is not on your g+ circle. You should add that guy to your circle to reply to him..
But you can reply anyone from your main account.

Ain't even rustled. as a matter of fact, it's an improvement. Just imagine all the shitstorm reduction on YouTube.

Beatrice Santello wrote:

Ain't even rustled. as a matter of fact, it's an improvement. Just imagine all the shitstorm reduction on YouTube.

I may need to correct something:
You can only reply from your main google account…

But my all videos are on my second account.
Ohh.. My brain..

Is my alt account suspended or something? My other accounts works fine but cannot reply from my video account..
I cannot even tell, whoever designed this thing needs to go back to the school.

Last edited Nov 10, 2013 at 09:16AM EST

Tim wrote:

But know I have realized that there is a far worse consequence as a result of this change. Spam bots have not been adapted to the new Google+Tube comment system. But once they are upgraded; these comment sections will be spammed to hell with malicious links containing viruses, penises or Nazi related material (because spammers can program them do that, I don’t see any reason why they would not do so) and Google can’t do a thing about it. Why? Because these comments are directly integrated with Google+, they cannot disable linking or limit the characters of comments without separating YouTube from Google+; Google has no intention to do so. I also believe this will force popular channels too close their comments to control these comments; thus ruining the point of this “upgrade” because it will destroy whatever is left of this commenting community Google wants to create.

And at the end of the day, the only thing that will really make Google think if they did something wrong somewhere, is when people switch to the competitor.

Like for example, everyone just making Vimeo accounts. Fuck Youtube completely, go Vimeo, don't even take the pros and cons between the two into consideration. Once they notice that huge drop in activity, but notice Vimeo getting all the glory, they'll run down their steps to see where it went wrong. Because once they lose visitors and acitivity, they lose ad income and money.

Google won't give a flying fuck about all the complaints here. Because you and I and everyone here all know that at the end of the day, you will all keep using Youtube. And that's all that matters to Google.

Last edited Nov 10, 2013 at 10:39AM EST

Disty wrote:

Because of the no character limit, I've seen whole fanfics in youtube comments. It's hilarious.

i posted 5 chapters of 50 shades of grey in a video, took me about 2 comments.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!